+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivor: Fiji Rocks, in that: {???}

Survivor: Fiji Rocks, in that: {???}

Well ok, maybe Rocks is a stretch; how 'bout Survivor: Fiji doesn't Bite, in that: {???} instead?

One change I didn't care for initially but enthusiastically applaud now is having to decide whether to use and thereby lose an immunity idol if you happen to hold it prior to the votes being read.

No free rides this season associated with the immunity idol. That counts as a plus.

Any other positives come to mind?

Hellooooo?

Is anybody still viewing?

Alright then, I'll toss out another item that pleased me.

The med crew basically telling Gary to suck it up rather than giving him the easy, painless if not graceful out his moaning seemed designed to bring about to my eyes. That's the problem with fraudulent ouchies. It doesn't work out if you maintain it hurts here or when they press or pull there if your moaning inability doesn't match with symptoms of actual health issues. The tylenol toss is an acknowledging slap between the 'ill' one and those that know better.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    I did like that one member got to choose the tribe members from the beginning.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I can live with the idol rule having stayed the same. I would have prefered to see either someone with cajones take it on or a group flush it out with their wits. I'm probably the only person that liked the PROD. It's the biggest game of chicken-I'd be willing to gamble rather than change my vote and force everyone else to do or die as well. If you want to make an omelet, you got to break some eggs

This season totaly bites on the luxury camp idiotic twist. What's next after the featherbed? pedicures for the winning tribe? A butler, maid and chef? Cavier and Dom? Stunt doubles for the challenges?
    Last edited by Shady64; 03-04-2007 at 08:24 PM.

... it has a skinny old chinese guy being successful.

I'm glad they've revamped the Hidden Idol rule. It was a major negative influence on the past 2 seasons. Still, I wont miss it if it gets dumped in the future. It's had it's novelty moment.

First Episode... I liked people exploring and climbing to the highest point of the Island to survey all there is to be seen. I wish there was more exploring, rather than being stuck in camp. It was a nice touch in Palau. The feeling that the people have a sense of adventure.

The season really hasn't "started" yet. You can see the beginnings of story arcs, the beginnings of people being interesting. But this one is a Slow Starter.

I love the HII being in camp rather than at Exile Island, makes it a lot tougher to obtain. The last 2 seasons, the HII was found rather quickly and I think it detracted from the game.

My favorite thing about this season is that the cast really is a VERY diverse group of people. Not just racially, although certainly so, but economically, educationally, and lifestyle-wise. Guatemala's season was so bland as Survivor: Churchgoing White Athletes Edition.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I'm probably the only one, but I kind of like the luxury camp idea as a social experiment. I am, however, deeply disappointed that the hard-living tribe aren't living up to the meek-shall-inherit-the-earth ideal. Imagine the huzzahs if Ravu kept winning and winning - "see, it's adversity that makes you strong, not the good life". Sigh.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie
    No more Rita, woohoo.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2272408;
    I'm probably the only one, but I kind of like the luxury camp idea as a social experiment. I am, however, deeply disappointed that the hard-living tribe aren't living up to the meek-shall-inherit-the-earth ideal. Imagine the huzzahs if Ravu kept winning and winning - "see, it's adversity that makes you strong, not the good life". Sigh.
    If you recall, the meek inherit the earth at the 2nd coming or after they are dead, not in "real life"--and in real life the rich get richer, just like on this episode of Survivor. So depressing. Especially since (except for the Sumo game) it looks as though it could be quite close lots of times.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2272812;
    If you recall, the meek inherit the earth at the 2nd coming or after they are dead, not in "real life"--and in real life the rich get richer, just like on this episode of Survivor. So depressing. Especially since (except for the Sumo game) it looks as though it could be quite close lots of times.
    Yeah, I know, but hope springs eternal. It would have been really cool if they had kicked rich person butt. Man, you think Rocky is bitter and resentful? Picture a continually losing Lisi - now that would be bitter and resentful.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread