+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boot Picks 3/1 **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Well that's kind of an interesting twist.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Well that's pretty stupid to get rid of a player rather than give up the luxury camp-especially when you just lost one that quit. I think Yau Man will be in his element on Exile. It appears that Moto is targeting all the older players on Ravu for isolation on EI-Sylvia, Earl and Yau Man. It was more obvious that Sylvia was on the outs from the beggining but it should have made them think when Earl was Exiled and didn't get the boot to reconsider their strategy, if there is one for choosing EI

After 3 episodes, it must have occured them that the luxury camp twist was a big flop and if they don't chage something fast, it will be a pagonging all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2261358;
    After 3 episodes, it must have occured them that the luxury camp twist was a big flop and if they don't chage something fast, it will be a pagonging all the way
    I think that's probably exactly what happened.
    I can understand the producers wanting to try and shake up the formula to try and attract viewers, but this luxury camp idea seems like a twist too far.
    It's not remotely interesting to me to see a depleted, hungry, thirsty and weak tribe trying to compete against the well-fed, well-rested one.
    Just as I wouldn't want to see Georges Laraque brawling with Martin St. Louis on the ice, it'd be a blood bath.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-01-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2261382;
    I think that's probably exactly what happened.
    I can understand the producers wanting to try and shake up the formula to try and attract viewers, but this luxury camp idea seems like a twist too far.
    It's not remotely interesting to me to see a depleted, hungry, thirsty and weak tribe trying to compete against the well-fed, well-rested one.
    Just as I wouldn't want to see Georges Laraque brawling with Martin St. Louis on the ice, it'd be a blood bath.
    I think the luxury camp idea was one of those that sounded good on paper and most likely played out very differently in their minds. I was willing to give it a shot but like most people thought it was doomed from the start. How can living in luxury not give a tribe an advantage? We've seen underdogs triumph before but they were on equal footing for the most part in terms of their camps and food situation. I wonder if the producers were surprised they'd be willing to lose another member over giving their camp up, especially if Gary quits before hand.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2261445;
    I think the luxury camp idea was one of those that sounded good on paper and most likely played out very differently in their minds. I was willing to give it a shot but like most people thought it was doomed from the start. How can living in luxury not give a tribe an advantage? We've seen underdogs triumph before but they were on equal footing for the most part in terms of their camps and food situation. I wonder if the producers were surprised they'd be willing to lose another member over giving their camp up, especially if Gary quits before hand.
    Either way this new twist of having immunity or giving up the luxury camp is specifically designed to help the tribe that got S****** from the twist in the first place. Ratu will get help no matter what Moto may choose to do. I can't imagine that it never occured to any of the producers how 1 sided the luxury idea would be. it sounded like a half assed idea from the get go. Really, what is the point of giving them a sewing machine? Get serious

Why is it so difficult for these people to come up with something good for a change? If they bothered to read any of the forums, the fans themselves have come up with some great ideas for challenges and twists.

I found this at Survivor Fever, and somewhat clarifies Acmes explanation of what happens.

And pre IC shows a line up minus Gary, indicating he has already left.

Garys voluntary departure will mean we shouldn't have a double boot episode this season.

Liliana finally gets face time tonite - massaging a drooler - just so we know who is getting a ticket to losers lodge.

Speculation could also include ... "why is Rocky wearing Rita top?"

After this episode there will be 9 men (Earl, Anthony, Mookie, Rocky and Yau-Man on Ravu, with Dreamz, Edgardo, Alex and Boo on Moto) and 5 women ( Michelle and Rita on Ravu, Lisi, Stacy and Cassandra on Moto) Before the season started JP stated that this season was "dirty" ... I guess so with all the "tosterone" (thanks Judd for the word).
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

I am really getting tired of one team winning! I really should quit peeking at the spoilers, but just can't help myself.

Thanks for the spoilers Fluff! You do great work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12