+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Yau-Man - Fiji

FORT Fan

Re: Yau-Man - Fiji

One thing that caught my attention was Yau-Man being left out of the discussion with Earl and Melissa, I hope that just meant he didn't need to be there, not that they have a secret alliance without him.
    I just posted about that on the show discussion thread. Looks like Earl may have two F2 alliances.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2318184;
    I just posted about that on the show discussion thread. Looks like Earl may have two F2 alliances.
    Well, if it turns out to be a F3 again he'll be all set w/o ever having to upset a teammate. Although frankly I wouldn't want to go up against YM at this point--YM may well have done better on challenges and even though he had Earl's help he IS the one who found the Idol. He could well argue that he's the better player.

They've fluffed off way to many things he's done well at in challenges, it's no fluke and they all know it. (Shady)

And if they don't...they should!

The best part about Y-Man is when he accomplishes something....he flexes, hams for the camera and acts like he is so happy he did it! Like he is proving to himself that he can do this, in spite of his age or physical appearance. He may be small, but he is mighty. Like I said in another thread...I think I may be in love with a tiny, old, Asian man! LOL...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2317239;
    I'm ready for that t-shirt as well. As far as i'm concerned Yau Man saved this season (I like Earl and Michelle as well). He seems an unlikely Alpha Male but he's showing all of the other men up so there ya go! I love that he started playing the game from the get go when he broke that box open and hasn't stopped. He knows his shortcomings and more than makes up for it. Yet another challenge where YM pulls his weight-except this time he singlehandedly won the challenge for his tribe. I think the other men are going to sit up and take notice of him now-egos be d*mned. They've fluffed off way to many things he's done well at in challenges, it's no fluke and they all know it.
    Totally agree with Shady. Yau Man won me over and his personality is the most interesting of the players this season.

I can't remember liking another Survivor player as much as I like Yau-man. I enjoyed Rob and am still a fan, but Y-man...I just have a special place for him in my tiny little heart...lol.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2318340;
    Well, if it turns out to be a F3 again he'll be all set w/o ever having to upset a teammate. Although frankly I wouldn't want to go up against YM at this point--YM may well have done better on challenges and even though he had Earl's help he IS the one who found the Idol. He could well argue that he's the better player.
    I agree - Yau-man is a dangerous opponent at F2 (or F3 if that is the case again) for multiple reasons: he seems to be well-liked and respected by his tribemates and now is also getting some deserved respect from the younger players on Team Testosterone. He has competed in many of the challenges - mostly doing a fair job, and at times doing outstandingly well - like this week. He seems to be very active at camp, helping out where and when needed. He is always in good spirits, and that has to be a positive factor around camp for all his tribemates. He's smart, slightly devious (fake II and sneaking a peek into Sylvia's bag...) has one of the IIs, has formed smart alliances and managed to stay in the game even when his tribe was losing and he was an obvious choice for boot. And I think he could come up with some convincing arguments as to why he should win. I don't think anyone (at this point) besides Earl stands a chance against him in an F2 or 3 situation.

But that is all coming from the perspective of someone who has seen every episode and how it has been presented to us - I have no idea if the other players see him as much of a threat, or if they think he's under-the-radar and his good luck in challenges is simply that - luck. Ravu hasn't thought much of him up to this point, and they still may not - it's hard to say. If he were in an F2 or 3 situation, he may be viewed as a coattail rider who hasn't rocked the boat. I am hoping he gets to use that II he found in a way that rids any doubt from the minds of the jury members that he is here to play.

I'd love to see Yau-Man win. I always start out rooting for the underdog. Someone his size and age is definitely an underdog! He's been good at challenges - not so much from a physical standpoint, but from an analytical standpoint. And I can't wait to see what happens with the fake II. I'd love to see it come out at TC.

FORT Newbie

I think a lot of people are underestimating Yau's physical prowess. His bio mentioned that he's in the USA Table Tennis Association. Go to youtube and watch some table tennis matches. You'll notice that table tennis players have incredible reflexes, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmonkey;2322804;
    I think a lot of people are underestimating Yau's physical prowess. His bio mentioned that he's in the USA Table Tennis Association. Go to youtube and watch some table tennis matches. You'll notice that table tennis players have incredible reflexes, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination.
    Plus, he's an engineer, so he has logic on his side.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

So, after calculating the atmospheric conditions Yau-Man has decided to stick it to the preening pretenders, shuck his sweetheart cuteness and step up to stud status. More power to him. There's more to being a man than possessing muscles in youthful massive glory.

I don't think for a moment Yau-Man can win, he's already demonstrated to anyone with eyes in Fiji that he's the primary threat to any of the others getting that million smackers. I'm sure going to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts though, hopefully Yau-Man will continue to entertain effectively.

One trait of his that I found entertaining at first but am now losing my attraction for is the celebratory victory lap his tongue does whenever things are exceedingly pleasing to him. Lasso and corral that beastie, would ya, buster?

+ Reply to Thread