+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor's ratings over the years

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2196181;
    The thing about this season's main twist, the racial one, is that it killed the casting. At least 5 of these people would not have been cast in a normal season, two of whom were dragged to the final four. They were just reaching to try to fill all the minority groups.
    Let me guess and see whether I can get any closer to your choice of 5 than the 0 for 2 I'm at so far, believing that Sundra and Becky showed they belonged even if they didn't rise to 'show me the money' stature.

I'll add Cecilia, Brad and Jenny. Toss Stephannie into that mix as 1st alternate.

They rate more deserving of non-entity status than Sekou and Billy, losers on the different plane of mouthing off and/or being a non-producing slug visibly to the point of being such obvious choices for ousting when the moment came to choose.

Adam and Candace were better than others, but they stood out as losers to me for losing focus with kissy face when neither of their competitive arsenals were overpowering. Both should have invested their coozy time to more productive pursuits.

I'd be more inclined to agree with you about Sundra and Becky if both hadn't performed so well with their team during that period where they were vastly outnumbered and had their backs to the wall, and Becky, its difficult to envision her as rating nothing beyond sounding board status during the one on one stratemusing sessions she shared with Yul.

FORT Fogey
    Without question, the entire white tribe would have been cast. There's no shortage of white applicants to Survivor, which is why they did this twist. From there, I could see Cao Boi, JP, Ozzy, Nate, Yul, and Cristina, with possible nods to Brad and Billy. Beyond that, they were just trying to fill quotas, and it showed. Granted, they do typically seem to have alternative quotas in a normal season, albeit not as formulaic as TAR, and these are the people who brought us such great casting as Wanda, Lydia, and Vecepia. Normally, though, you've only got one or two people like that who are just filler.

I never saw Sundra contribute anything but a number. She clearly didn't understand that this was a game. Becky may have played a better game than the rest of the Aitu 4, but that's not saying much. Still, the point isn't about whether they played well or not but that there were way too many people with the potential to be invisible this season, who were largely cast on the basis of this twist.

Candice being with Adam assured her safety. This was strategically one of the better moves of the season. Not the hardest to pull off but a good move nonetheless.

Well, Survivor: Cook Islands's average ratings are in (courtesy of Entertainment Weekly).

The season averaged 15.8 million viewers, making it #10 in the 2006 Fall Season.

Not bad.

FORT Fogey
    I think the problem is the people playing the game. Most of them try to FUTR in terms of the game, but their confessionals make it sound like they are all playing really hard. I think that's because the majority of contestants and chosen based on their a) age, b) appearance, c) geographic location (California seems to be the place to live if you want to appear on Survivor), and d) your desire to be a celebrity of some sort.

They should go back to picking regular people who are interested in playing the game to win. And dump these whine-a$$ contestants who talk about how badly they want to win for their families, so the spouses/children/parents can have all they deserve after years of struggle, yada, yada, yada. Yeah, just get in there and play because it's a competition and you want to win the damn thing and not be seen as a loser.

American Idol at the same time as Survivor.... well, Survivor only lost 3 million viewers. I say not bad considering it's going up against the #1 show in America.

What were the ratings for the premiere of Fiji?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Soup;2265529;
    What were the ratings for the premiere of Fiji?
    Right under 17 million. I believe it was 16.68 million. It's good because it's more than Survivor: Cook Islands's finale's ratings.

Re: Survivor's ratings over the years

Just in case anyone was curious about how the Gabon's premiere did, here's the breakdown.

The first hour brought in 13.052 mil viewrs, down 2 mil viewers from last year's premiere of China. But it's nothing to worry about. Pretty much all TV shows have been down. And also, the first hour won its timeslot and the 18-49 demographic. Definitely something to cheer about.

The second hour brought in 12.775 mil viewers. This hour didn't win anything though, since it went up against Grey's Anatomy, which is a ratings powerhouse. But even Grey's Anatomy was down viewers from last year's premiere; two million viewers, to be exact.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123