+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Post-Episode #4 Discussion **Spoilers**

Yeah, sure, but would they be *hot*?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Originally posted by spegs
    I think the reason we are hearing so much more about looks this season is because of the change in contestants. The first few seasons Survivor was essentially a game show, and the people were all after a million dollars. Especially season one, no one thought about anything else. Now, it's all about the exposure. Heidi-ho and Jenna both know that they can easily bag $1 million from a playboy spread, so who needs to win? They just keep talking about how hot they are, hoping some playboy exec is buying it...
    Just to play Horndog's Advocate, only one Survivor has ever appeared in Playboy. The magazine must not be offering the "right" amount of money, whatever that is.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Amber did throw away her dignity with a skank set for "Stuff" though.
    Plus Kim P, Jessie and Sarah Jones were recently in "Stun" wearing very little.

I don't think Playboy is interested enough in Survivor contestants nowadays to offer $1m anymore.
    You can obviously do pretty well if you cake on the slap, don and bikini and pose provocatively in the non-nude mens mags though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I've heard the argument that the non-nude magazines are "more respectable." Poor Amber looked like a raccoon in her pictures. She's so much more attractive than her layout in Stuff. But if she thought that was "more respectable," hey, more power to her.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

BTW, wasn't there some story after S3 that T-bird was trying to orchestrate a package deal with Playboy for the "women of Africa"? If they were trying to shoe-horn Kim Johnson in there, I can see why that deal fell apart.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Of course they did just offer 1m to Sara from JM!

I think maybe Survivor needs to up the prize...maybe to 2 million so after taxes it will still be a million. And then maybe they'll get people who are really interested in playing the game and not necessarily just there for their 15 minutes of fame.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    BTW, wasn't there some story after S3 that T-bird was trying to orchestrate a package deal with Playboy for the "women of Africa"? If they were trying to shoe-horn Kim Johnson in there, I can see why that deal fell apart.
    I remember that story Paulie!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yes, that story was doing the rounds.
    I'm not sure why that all fell apart.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    Yes, that story was doing the rounds.
    I'm not sure why that all fell apart.
    Probably because no one wanted to her nekkid!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Dave to Jenna"
    :"Ask me about my velocity" (for the date w/ Jenna)
    No, no - he'll say: "Want to hear about my recovery time?"
    Last edited by USMCmum; 03-09-2003 at 07:36 PM.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213