+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't think him showing he had the idol did any damage at all. Before they were going to vote him out which would force him to use the idol and they didn't believe he had. Now that they KNOW he has it, they know that it could be THIER bottom that recieves the second most highest votes and would be less inclined to make him waste it.

Before it was a shot in the dark and they didn't think they could be going home, now they know it could be them going home. It was better for Yul not to let them continue with thier ignorant bliss about the idol. He now has a better chance of never having to use it because they will all be too scared to take the risk

Leo
    Premium Member
    I thought it made perfect sense for Yul to reveal the idol now. He's using it as a shield for himself (and, to a lesser extent, Becky). What he's saying to the Raro people is saying: you can go ahead and try to flip someone over, but if you go after my alliance, one of you will go home anyway. For that threat to work, everyone needs to know the hidden idol will be in play.

he turned the whole game around.....from underdog to front runner.....he deserves to win.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by 101ethan;2165544;
    he turned the whole game around.....from underdog to front runner.....he deserves to win.
    Best of all he made those Strategy comments and idol talk at TC infront of the jury. That helps him loads with Rebecca who he had never met in the game at all. Now she is clued into him being the leader, having the idol, making fantastic strategic decisions AND screwing over the people that screwed her over. He will have her vote if he is in F2, he's already got Brad and Jenny's

I just want to give Yul a hug! He just needs one! Taking all that cr*p from Candice!

Think he made a major mistake assuming he will win the million dollars like he did in front of Becky, she deserves it as much as he does. He is forgetting that while she is his friend and in his two only alliance she is also his competitor. Hope she wins.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2166161;
    Think he made a major mistake assuming he will win the million dollars like he did in front of Becky, she deserves it as much as he does. He is forgetting that while she is his friend and in his two only alliance she is also his competitor. Hope she wins.
    Unless this is the surprise romance we've been promised, and he thinks they are getting married so she won't care? But she obviously does...thinking like a lawyer...God bless the child that's got her own, so to speak. S/he who brings the $$ into the marriage brings the power... and gets to keep them in a split. She might have been pretty irked that he'd assume it should be him, in the manly bring home the bacon role. Traditional Korean gender roles are pretty ...um...traditional. She might have gotten quite enough of that growing up, and thought better of him, and been disappointed.
    Well, obviously wild speculation...trying to think of why he would slip like that. Yes, it was dumb to let on to Raro how he feels about Jonathan...anyone else would worry they wouldn't keep their mouths shut, but in some ways Yul is very trusting... but if Becky is just a competitor I don't think he's THAT naive that he'd expect her to just hand it over. He doesn't expect Jonathan to do that (unlike the Raro idiots). And I don't think he's SO sexist that he thinks any woman should defer to any man and let him win... so maybe he really really thinks of them as a team, as in what's mine is ours.....
    Anyway, I'm still guessing Yul thinks it is going to be a traditional F3 ending and he hopes to be there with S and B, win immunity, and take B to the F2... and beat her.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Your forgetting about the insider scene were he point blank told her he will give up the game for her and give her the idol so she can go on while he gets the boot. He wouldn't be be put in a position against her like he is with the others. He says what he has (friendship) with her is differnt from others. Becky refused to let him ever give her the idol so she could go on while his game was over. Last week they show the scene of yul "slipping" infront of becky. Why would she even think Yul is planning on screwing her over when he has already told her he will opt out so she can go on if it came to it? They didn't air that little scene but we know it's there.

I think this is more misdirection to make it look like something else is going on when it's not. Just like the promise he made in the begining-they didn't show the secret scene so all the average viewer knows is he made a promise, if he doesn't give her the idol, he broke the promise and "betrayed" her. They don't show her refusing to let him give her the idol, allowing himself to willingly get knocked out so she doesn't. There would be no actual "betrayal", just an edited one

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2166318;
    Your forgetting about the insider scene were he point blank told her he will give up the game for her and give her the idol so she can go on while he gets the boot. He wouldn't be be put in a position against her like he is with the others. He says what he has (friendship) with her is differnt from others. Becky refused to let him ever give her the idol so she could go on while his game was over. Last week they show the scene of yul "slipping" infront of becky. Why would she even think Yul is planning on screwing her over when he has already told her he will opt out so she can go on if it came to it? They didn't air that little scene but we know it's there.

I think this is more misdirection to make it look like something else is going on when it's not. Just like the promise he made in the begining-they didn't show the secret scene so all the average viewer knows is he made a promise, if he doesn't give her the idol, he broke the promise and "betrayed" her. They don't show her refusing to let him give her the idol, allowing himself to willingly get knocked out so she doesn't. There would be no actual "betrayal", just an edited one
    No, I remember the insider info... another reason to think this might be the "secret romance".
    So if you don't think Becky was upset in some way by Yul's assumption that HE would be in the F2, and HE would need to win, what did you make of that expression (fleeting) on her face? Indigestion?

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't know what to make of it. That whole conversation both Becky and Yul were on camera at the same time or the camera would swing from one to the other so it was one continuous scene. Except after Yul made that comment. They didn't swing the camera from one face to the other-they cut it from Yul and then cut back to Becky. Was that her reaction to what he had just said or her reaction to something that was said but later or earlier in the conversation that they edited in?

Wouldn't be the first time they manipulated reactions shots and edited them to conversations they had nothing to do with. Did they do this? I don't know but I'm not discounting it, especially considering that insider scene they hid from the casual viewer is a contradiction to the impression they want us to have. Leaving Nate's final words blasting Ozzy along with Jonathan out of the network airing, but showing the positive things he said about Ozzy in the game-huge editing hole to give a misleading impression. More of the same?

+ Reply to Thread