+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

Snoozin' on the beach
    He has an incredibly fantastic social game and strategic thinking. I don't think he's playing that part either or how he's edited, I think that is the kind of person he is. Look how he was after the wrestling challenge. Christine's teammates ignored her while Yul, her opponent, came over and offered her water and to see if she was ok. This game brings out alot of ugliness in people but Yul seems to be thriving as a counterbalance to all the ugliness

Every single bootee has had nothing but glowing words and compliments for him and in the case of his fellow Puka that know firsthand, his game also. No other survivor has been universally praised as much by bootees and in game people alike that I can recall. I've been rooting for him since the start. I expect him to get to F2 where he will sweep the jury.

Yul played a terrific game Thursday. He successfully manipulated Jonathan into switching sides. Plus he plays the game with tact and class. Either he or Ozzy (for sheer athleticism and physical skill) deserve to win. One of them may make it to the final two, but I don't think they both will - too bad. It should be a showdown between those two.

I would like to see this kid win. But I've been thinking about scenarios. Like I wondered about what Yul would do to make it to the final 2. Would he stay true to the Aitu allegiance? Or would he abandon them and take Jonathan to the final 2 since how can you lose to the guy?

But wait... what if he does bring Jonathan to the final 2? Would Ozzy, Becky, or Sundra be mad and not vote for him? Would they try to make the other jury members vote for Jonathan? We just gotta with til December 17th.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2158706;
    I would like to see this kid win. But I've been thinking about scenarios. Like I wondered about what Yul would do to make it to the final 2. Would he stay true to the Aitu allegiance? Or would he abandon them and take Jonathan to the final 2 since how can you lose to the guy?

But wait... what if he does bring Jonathan to the final 2? Would Ozzy, Becky, or Sundra be mad and not vote for him? Would they try to make the other jury members vote for Jonathan? We just gotta with til December 17th.
    I think if Yul managed to bring Jonathan with him to the Final 2 then he will win for sure. Even if Ozzy, Becky and Sundra don't vote for him I am sure everyone in Raro will because they hate Jonathan. The mutiny truly cost Jonathan the game.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji;2159085;
    I think if Yul managed to bring Jonathan with him to the Final 2 then he will win for sure. Even if Ozzy, Becky and Sundra don't vote for him I am sure everyone in Raro will because they hate Jonathan. The mutiny truly cost Jonathan the game.
    Yul doesn't have to bring Jonathan to win, he can beat anyone in F2. He just has to get himself there. No need for him to do something out of charachter by screwing people over unneccesarily.

Yul has played a great game and has not screwed over a single jury members or potential jury members so far. He's brilliant in snaking them and getting Jonathan and others to take the fall for it while nothing sticks to him.

FORT Fogey
    I'm confused why people don't believe that Becky and Yul can possibly have a brother/sister type relationship without it being romantic just because they both happen to be smart, driven, some would say attractive, singles? When I was younger and single, I had many, many friends of the opposite sex who were smart, driven, and attractive, but they were like brothers to me! I'm encouraged by Becky and Yul and hope it isn't any more than what they've indicated thus far!

And BTW, I'm still not clear on why Jonathan didn't just go to the other Raro members and tell them Yul had the III and they needed to vote Sundra or Becky off and then work hard to beat Ozzy at the next challenge so they could vote him out. Just didn't make sense to me. Jonathan could have proved his value and loyalty to Raro that way and he would have still had as much of a shot at getting no more than 5th either way he goes.

And if Yul votes out Aitu members over Jonathan, if the time comes, he'll probably lose the vote of those members to Jonathan. Hasn't Yul considered that?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2159329;
    I'm confused why people don't believe that Becky and Yul can possibly have a brother/sister type relationship without it being romantic just because they both happen to be smart, driven, some would say attractive, singles? When I was younger and single, I had many, many friends of the opposite sex who were smart, driven, and attractive, but they were like brothers to me! I'm encouraged by Becky and Yul and hope it isn't any more than what they've indicated thus far!

And BTW, I'm still not clear on why Jonathan didn't just go to the other Raro members and tell them Yul had the III and they needed to vote Sundra or Becky off and then work hard to beat Ozzy at the next challenge so they could vote him out. Just didn't make sense to me. Jonathan could have proved his value and loyalty to Raro that way and he would have still had as much of a shot at getting no more than 5th either way he goes.

And if Yul votes out Aitu members over Jonathan, if the time comes, he'll probably lose the vote of those members to Jonathan. Hasn't Yul considered that?
    Much as Jonathan prides himself on being rational I think he was in part influenced by the fact that the Raro slugs were so useless, whereas he knew the Aitu people were workers, and smarter, and generally people he'd rather spend his time with. Plus he might have feared that Raro would vote for Yul ANYWAY, as a way to get him to use up the Idol, even if that meant Jonathan would leave as the person with the 2nd highest number of votes. Raro had made it clear they didn't care about Jonathan, and he'd been publicly criticizing them so may have realized they were even more irritated with him than usual, plus he certainly couldn't count on them to keep such a plan a secret...so Yul might have passed the Idol to whomever they designated...plus if Aitu found out they would certainly target Jonathan and not Nate.
    As to Yul, as others have pointed out, he doesn't have to betray Aitu...he's alienated so few people he could probably beat anyone, except maybe Ozzy.
    Re Becky/Yul...I think the "secret" tape referred to elsewhere showing Yul telling Becky he'd sacrifice himself for her and she saying no, she doesn't want him to, was so intense it sounded like something more than just pals. I'm not spoilering this because it is on the official site apparently, and I've already read about it in several threads.

Yul is incredibly sexy.. smart and articulate and an amazing physique! When he did the zip line a couple of weeks ago - OH MY! My jaw fell to the floor. He is ONE amazing specimen!

And BTW, I'm still not clear on why Jonathan didn't just go to the other Raro members and tell them Yul had the III and they needed to vote Sundra or Becky off and then work hard to beat Ozzy at the next challenge so they could vote him out.
    Random reasons - I'm basically guessing:

He believed Yul when he said he'd "much rather take you to the final two than Becky - you've made enemies"

He doesn't think he can get there with the ex-Raro members, as they're not likely to win Individual Immunity and Aitu is...and (Aitu) is more likely to stick to their alliance and vote ex-Raro members out one by one

Raro is playing a more emotional game and as such made Jonathon queasy - they seem less predictable to him

Reason 3 is part of that last one - I think Jonathon saw the Raro kids as lazy and unmotivated and not really playing a strategy. Yul and Ozzy have them beat in just about every way that counts in this game. And would probably pick them off one by one.

Jonathon really was caught either way...he's gonna have to keep making some slick moves to stay in the game. My guess is that as soon as they can, Aitu will vote him out to try and win brownie points with Raro...then of course, vote out Raro one by one anyway, but with less rancor remaining when it comes jury time.

Ahem, back to Yul...He chose a good castaway to approach in Jonathon. Yul's as wise at summing people up as Richard Hatch was, and without seeming like a sociopath. Yul's just smart.

FORT Fogey
    I'm still not clear on why Jonathan didn't just go to the other Raro members and tell them Yul had the III and they needed to vote Sundra or Becky off and then work hard to beat Ozzy at the next challenge so they could vote him out. Just didn't make sense to me. Jonathan could have proved his value and loyalty to Raro that way and he would have still had as much of a shot at getting no more than 5th either way he goes.
    When it was clear to him that they didn't believe Yul had the hidden immunity idol and were determined to vote out Yul he saw himself being voted out very soon. Yul would have used it to save himself and Nate would have been gone anyway. Then the next vote would have been 4-4 with him against Ozzie or Yul in a tie breaker.

+ Reply to Thread