+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

Uhh... The last one... Yul did a LOT of the saving... He used his "peek hole strategy" to win an immunity after the mutiny. Yul used the idol to sway people from voting for ANY of the Aitu 4. And, of course he and Becky used their "puppet skills" to control everyone's vote.

According to Brad and Jenny of the original Puka tribe, Yul always strategized the challenge before hand, which... Of course led Puka and AITU to victory.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, that one challenge Yul helped Aitu. But there were four reward and immunity challenges. Ozzy was instrumental in winning 3 of them. And the idol was not shared with Sundra or Ozzy or used to block Raro's from voting any of Aiuti. Yul only offered the idol to Becky. There was no scene in which he used the idol to fend off voting Aiuti. Pav wanted Ozzy to switch and Adam wanted to force Yul to use the idol to get it out of his hand. The problem is that Ozzy thought he had to f3 to get rid of Yul but the idol landed Yul right into the final vote.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrom;2183162;
    Yul does read the message boards etc.. after watching Survivor Live. Wonder why contestants dont like to post on these forums.
    Hi Necrom, I've worked on several reality shows and everyone from cast to crew sign non-disclosure forms that states they won't talk about the show. For the show I worked on, Amish in the City, the penalty was 5 million dollars. Not even the executive producer made that much. LOL.

BTW, the cast of reality shows are recompensed for wages lost while on the show. On Amish, it was $3500 a week. Not too bad. I'm guessing for Survivor, they made $5000 a week. Just a guess since they're a bigger production.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2183848;
    I donft fault Yul for his eloquence. I fault him for his double speak. True honesty is not his forte.

3. Yul's arrogant statement he brought his tribe to the final 4h. Like he is Moses bringing his people to the promise land. Ozzy saved them when Candice and Jonathon mutinied. Yul changed the game with flipping Jonathon. Ozzy blocked any of the Rarofs from winning immunity (except Adumb) which help the Aitu 4 get to the final 4.
    This is bullock, You really think ozzy saved them after the mutiny? First Immunity challenge, They are falling behind, remmember that Yul figure it out that look thru the hole is more faster and more accurate then drop the cannonball, Oz didnt saved them. LOL. All of them work totgether. Second Immunity challenge. All of them work together too. Yul and Ozzy both get the flag fast, Oz is a little faster but all of them figure the name of te islands, Remmeber they are all study before the challenge. Other reward chalenge, They all work together,
    and about Ozzy blocked the RARO from winning, if he didnt win, Yul likely to win too he always in second.

Ah, what I tried to say... But did it poorly. Yul's the man with the plan. Yul's the one who rules... I now cannot think of anymore rhymes... Thank god.

FORT Newbie
    Yul has said he would give some of his winning to charity and his parents. He seems like a real winner and I hope he will do public service in CA. Yul could be a great role model for many people and that's a good thing.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2183134;
    There are also ways to go to college without taking out huge loans, like grants and scholarships. Also you can go to college with 2nd place money of $100,000. I agree there are lots you can do with the money. He gave a sob story and a very lame one at that to win votes. if your going to angle for the sympathy vote by answering how you'll use the money, make it a good one that people might actually buy. The college thing and making the world a better place comment was such an obvious crock...he forgot to add he wants World peace!
    Oh for sure. One way to go to college is to have your parents pay for it. Not that Yul, who was able to go to Yale and Stanford Universities, and Ozzy, who went to Santa Barbara Community College, would be able to compare student loans and grants or anything. Wishing and dreaming about going to college without worrying about loans is a real sob story that ordinary Americans wouldn't be able to relate to. And heaven forbid someone besides Saint Yul would like to make the world a better place, whether it's working for a bone marrow transplant organization or a dream surfer island where kids could come and learn to surf and appreciate nature. Silly Oz and his dreams of what he'd do with a million dollars. I know I surely wouldn't dream such whimsical dreams of what I'd do.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mousetrap2k;2184227;
    This is bullock, You really think ozzy saved them after the mutiny? First Immunity challenge, They are falling behind, remmember that Yul figure it out that look thru the hole is more faster and more accurate then drop the cannonball, Oz didnt saved them. LOL. All of them work totgether. Second Immunity challenge. All of them work together too. Yul and Ozzy both get the flag fast, Oz is a little faster but all of them figure the name of te islands, Remmeber they are all study before the challenge. Other reward chalenge, They all work together,
    and about Ozzy blocked the RARO from winning, if he didnt win, Yul likely to win too he always in second.
    4 Aitui vs 8 Raro- and 3 or the 4 rewards were water challenges- yes indeedy Ozzy was instrumental in leading Aiuti to win until the merge. Yul, Becky and Sundra rode Ozzy coatails after the munity and rode Ozzy after the merge. That was discuss in many TC and the finale.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;2183075;
    IIRC, Yul never lied...Sundra asked him if Becky had asked for the idol, and he said "no". That wasn't a lie, because she never asked him. He offered it to her.

Double speak by yul. the sins of omission is still a lie. At best Yul told Sundra a half-truth.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2184308;
    Oh for sure. One way to go to college is to have your parents pay for it. Not that Yul, who was able to go to Yale and Stanford Universities, and Ozzy, who went to Santa Barbara Community College, would be able to compare student loans and grants or anything. Wishing and dreaming about going to college without worrying about loans is a real sob story that ordinary Americans wouldn't be able to relate to. And heaven forbid someone besides Saint Yul would like to make the world a better place, whether it's working for a bone marrow transplant organization or a dream surfer island where kids could come and learn to surf and appreciate nature. Silly Oz and his dreams of what he'd do with a million dollars. I know I surely wouldn't dream such whimsical dreams of what I'd do.

Wow, this is a grand Canyon style leap. Where in this entire conversation was Yul's college education ever mentioned? I have actually read that his parents don't have money but that wasn't even part of this topic

I had the american dream of going to college and my parents don't have money much like the majority of the population. I got partial grants and actually used money from my job to pay the rest of the bills. No loans, no debt and when I didn't have enough on some semesters, I only took what I could afford to take at taht time. Not being able to "afford" a college education is a BS sob story when there are other ways to get it and alot of people have done it.

+ Reply to Thread