+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

kenji, I think you have that backwards. If he had voted for Yul, then he would have betrayed Aito, again, just like he did when he abandoned them for Raro. By voting for Nate he had backstabbed every player in the game at that point.

I'm not saying I blame him, but you've got to give Yul credit for talking him into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenji;2173049;
    Jonathan had NO choice but to vote with Aitu to get rid of Nate. Everyone is saying he should have voted for Yul and then the idol would be used and Nate would still be out. But as Jonathan said, if he voted for Yul then he would have screwed all of Raro AND Aitu whereas voting for Nate would at least showed he was willing to align with Aitu again. Otherwise, Aitu would have voted for him next and he would have never made it this far.

No, Jon could have told them that Yul has the idol, then Raro could have voted out one of the other Aitu's, thus totally screwing them over numbers-wise.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2172747;
    You could be right CEO .. but I think his flaw throughout has been trying to play it "by the book" and he's book smart alright and understands game theory. But he's overly analytical and puts things/people in these tedious little compartments in his mind. I think this limits his ability to think spontaneously and causes him to be a little too rigid and unable to react and think on his feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2172878;
    I disagree. The decision to boot Jonathan seemed like a very spontaneous, poorly thought out plan. If he really was rigid and unable to think on his feet, he would have stuck to the original plan - finish Raro, take out Jonathan at F5.
    That is one way of looking at it, which in a way may prove my point. He didn't think on his feet. It seems he made a half-hearted effort on Jon's behalf, and just ended up capitulating and going with the program. This was possibly to take the spotlight from himself as the "Godfather" ... possibly because he couldn't get those thoughts and people out of those tedious little compartments in his mind.

Taking nothing away from Yul, he is very smart, but he has this map in his mind, that doesn't take him to other possibilities. He's way too cerebral and clinical and it could bite him in the end --- double entendre intended.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2172984;
    Yul is OK, but I think he is really over-rated on this board. He made one good strategic move & everyone hails him as a genius, when really it could have easily backfired right in his (& Aitu's) face.

Jonathan made some really dumb moves, but he really deserves a bit more credit for jumping back to Aitu, b/c he really could have screwed them over after Yul told him about the idol, but he didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2173122;
    No, Jon could have told them that Yul has the idol, then Raro could have voted out one of the other Aitu's, thus totally screwing them over numbers-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji;2173049;
    Jonathan had NO choice but to vote with Aitu to get rid of Nate. Everyone is saying he should have voted for Yul and then the idol would be used and Nate would still be out. But as Jonathan said, if he voted for Yul then he would have screwed all of Raro AND Aitu whereas voting for Nate would at least showed he was willing to align with Aitu again. Otherwise, Aitu would have voted for him next and he would have never made it this far.
    They ( the Aitu 4 ) could also have all voted for Jonathan making him the sacrifice after Yul used the HII. I believe this was part of Yul's plea bargain. Raro still didn't believe Yul had the idol.
    Last edited by echo226; 12-09-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2173122;

I really think that Jonathan was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't think that he felt at all secure with Raro, and really came to regret mutinying. He was also (obviously) becoming more and more aggravated at having to do all of the work around camp, while the rest of the Raros just sat on their butts. (He even said, in one of the confessionals, that he wasn't about to lose a million dollars "because these kids can't get their asses out of bed.") Then, when Yul showed him the idol, and the Raros refused to vote for someone other than Yul (and even refused to consider that Yul might have the idol), I think Jonathan just decided that he didn't want to betray Yul twice--and away he went. Jonathan's real mistake, I think, was was trusting Candace enough to mutiny with her.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2173339;
    Jonathan's real mistake, I think, was was trusting Candace enough to mutiny with her.
    Agreed. Trusting candace is what cost Jonathon any chance at winning this game. Everything else was just down hill from there.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2173351;
    Agreed. Trusting candace is what cost Jonathon any chance at winning this game. Everything else was just down hill from there.
    It's a shame, too, because Yul was really the only one that Jonathan could have trusted. He should have solidified that alliance and made a deal with Yul and Becky for f3.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Well I just read a bunch of stuff from the insider transcripts of Yul before Tribal council. It was very clear that Yul was totally on board for Jonathan's boot from the get go. No one swayed him or overrode him. He actually was trying to work it so Jonathan felt he had himself to blame for it so he didn't blame Yul and lose a vote. He was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by getting rid of him and garnering votes from A and P in the jury for doing it at the same time. I'm waiting for the "official" transcipt to be put up on Survivorfever before I put it here. Hopefully it will be up Sunday or Monday but I can copy what I found elsewhere if you'd like to see it right away. I am assuming the official transcript will be the same thing as what I saw

It was just loaded with insight from Yul about alot of goings on in the game, what he's trying to do, not just with Jonathan. It seems that Aitu is supertight and rock solid and has some kind of predetermined boot order they are sticking to, despite the editors leading us to believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2173413;
    Well I just read a bunch of stuff from the insider transcripts of Yul before Tribal council. It was very clear that Yul was totally on board for Jonathan's boot from the get go. No one swayed him or overrode him. He actually was trying to work it so Jonathan felt he had himself to blame for it so he didn't blame Yul and lose a vote. He was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by getting rid of him and garnering votes from A and P in the jury for doing it at the same time. I'm waiting for the "official" transcipt to be put up on Survivorfever before I put it here. Hopefully it will be up Sunday or Monday but I can copy what I found elsewhere if you'd like to see it right away. I am assuming the official transcript will be the same thing as what I saw

It was just loaded with insight from Yul about alot of goings on in the game, what he's trying to do, not just with Jonathan. It seems that Aitu is supertight and rock solid and has some kind of predetermined boot order they are sticking to, despite the editors leading us to believe otherwise.

Wow, I knew that Yul wanted to insulate himself from Perv-ati, Adum, and Candass's jury wrath, but he still would have had Brad, Jenny, Rebecca, etc., (not to mention the other Aitus), who I don't think would have voted for Jonathan if he and Yul were the f2. If what you read is accurate, then maybe I've given Yul too much credit for intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2173413;

I just mutineed and went to read some of the insider stuff at another board so don't boot me, okay ? Whew ! Yul comes off as an arrogant ass in that read, no ? Especially with the statement I bolded in the short snippet below ! Yikes !

[mod edit]

Someone called him Spock ... an (emotionless) Vulcan. Not a bad assessment.
    Last edited by hepcat; 12-10-2006 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Removed post from another board.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread