+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon is a black sheep

I'm such a broken record. But S2 will forever be ruined for me by Michael's fall into the fire. We were denied what I think would've been a fantastic finish if he'd stuck around. Kucha wasn't as lovey-dovey as they appeared. They were severely fractured, and no way would Colby and Tina go down with out a fight if Ogakor was down 6-4 at the merge. I think we would have seen some fascinating inter-tribal dynamics had we not been robbed by Michael's idiotic smoke inhalation fiasco.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I agree that when Michael left S2 the whole thing changed. I really wish it hadn't have happened and seen how it would have played out. I think we would have a totally different winner in the end which would have pleased me cause I was not fond of Tina or Colby.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

We may have had a totally different winner. I don't think we can dispute the caliber of players Tina and Colby were, but they certainly benefited from a superior strategic position at the merge. However, even had they been outnumbered, they would never have gone meekly to their demise without trying something, unlike Rodger, Elisabeth, and Amber, who were too busy not trusting each other to bother to play the game.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I agree Paulie.
    It still bugs me that the voters couldn't see the sheer brilliance of Colby taking Tina to the final two with him.
    Enough of that though as I'll just get annoyed

Jeff and Alicia were allied, as were Rodger and Elisabeth.
    The game was on to claim the support of Michael, with Nick looking likely to support Jeff and Alicia.
    He was apparently on the brink of alligning with Rodger and Elisabeth before his accident.
    I have no doubt Jeff, Alicia and Nick would have considered a play to join up with Colby, Keith and Tina, leaving Jerri and Amber out in the cold.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Jeff and Alicia were serious players, Jeff's peanut butter dive notwithstanding. It would've been a dog fight.

And, yes, Colby's decision to bring Tina should've been sufficient to seal victory. I can't believe how many people thought it was a mistake, including some of the idiot jury members.

I felt bad for Jeff.
    He was carrying leg injuries and just couldn't stand any longer.
    If you're going to dive off you might as well do it when food is offered.
    I would have loved to see him make it further in the game.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Me, too. Heck, even having him on the jury would have livened things up a bit down the stretch.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    See that's just the thing. I can talk about S1 and S2 forever, but S3-S5 is just a blur to me.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I can talk about ALL of them forever. It's absolutely ridiculous how deeply I think about Survivor during the season.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I wonder if there's a market for Survivor therapy?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast