+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Show ***SPOILERS****

Early Show ***SPOILERS****

I wasn't sure what to make of this and obviously with 20 contestants, there will have to be double eliminations, but Harry what's his name said on the Early Show this morning that the first CAST-OFFS will be on the show tomorrow. I rewinded it be sure and he did say it in plural form....see I am assuming tonight we will see more than 1 person go? Perhaps each tribe will have to go to Tribal Council?

I hope so. I can't keep track of 20 people!

If they do drop one from each tribe, I can see the tribes getting merged quickly, just like last time. Tonight should be interesting, anyway. Plus, tonight's episode has the dumbest title I've ever heard: "I Can Forgive Her, But I Don't Have To Because She Screwed With My Chickens."

Huh?!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

tonight's episode has the dumbest title I've ever heard: "I Can Forgive Her, But I Don't Have To Because She Screwed With My Chickens."

Huh?!
    Hmm. Makes one wonder if any of the castaways are Flavor of Love rejects.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I heard Jeff on one of the morning programs say they would merge the tribes pretty quick because if they leave them too long, they bond too thoroughly and can't merge with the other tribes. Makes for a boring TV show, he said, because there aren't shifting alliances if the bonds become too strong.

bha
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroBabe View Post
    I heard Jeff on one of the morning programs say they would merge the tribes pretty quick because if they leave them too long, they bond too thoroughly and can't merge with the other tribes. Makes for a boring TV show, he said, because there aren't shifting alliances if the bonds become too strong.
    I believe you are correct. He was a guess on "The View" last Tuesday and I believe it said exactly what you just stated.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I hope so. I can't keep track of 20 people!

If they do drop one from each tribe, I can see the tribes getting merged quickly, just like last time. Tonight should be interesting, anyway. Plus, tonight's episode has the dumbest title I've ever heard: "I Can Forgive Her, But I Don't Have To Because She Screwed With My Chickens."

Huh?!
    For 20 people I wish they would at least make it a 90 minute premiere. On Palau I still wasn't recognizing people by the third episode (and there was on contestant who's name escapes me that I always had to go and look their picture up to see who everyone was talking about). In one of the promos it shows them throwing live chickens overboard with Probst in the background saying 'that's your food.' Maybe one tribe doesn't get any chickens and loses the challenge because they don't have the energy. But if you think that's a corny title check out the title for the first episode of TAR.

BTW, what's Probst point? Is he referring to merging them into two individual tribes? Because there's still the same problem there once the actual merge comes. It's all down to tribal lines and that's when it gets boring. And we all knew these racially divided tribes weren't going to last. Not a stunt, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    BTW, what's Probst point? Is he referring to merging them into two individual tribes? Because there's still the same problem there once the actual merge comes. It's all down to tribal lines and that's when it gets boring. And we all knew these racially divided tribes weren't going to last. Not a stunt, eh?
    What Jeff had said in combination with what AstroBabe shared is that there is a unique type of bond that occurs with people of the same ethnicity/race/background. Combine that with the bond from being on the same team for too long and you'll find an unwillingness to truly merge even once the teams come together. Just like last season, you'll lose the social experiment that comes with scheming and you'll just have a matter of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    What Jeff had said in combination with what AstroBabe shared is that there is a unique type of bond that occurs with people of the same ethnicity/race/background.
    Has that theory been proven on Survivor? I don't think I've ever seen it...the strongest bonds seem to occur along gender lines (I'm thinking of Amy and her gal-pal posse).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I didn't take it [Jeff's comments] to mean that there would be stronger bonds because of ethnicity, but that the longer you keep one particular tribe together, the stronger the alliances will be when a merge comes. People just bond the longer they are together [and of course conflicts can become stronger too].

Strong alliances don't make for good reality TV. Too predictable. It's the "what will they do next" that keeps it interesting? Who will jump or betray an alliance? The longer you stay together the stronger the bond regardless of ethnicity/gender/etc.

Although I will admit that the more things in common a tribe has, the stronger it will probably be as a group/tribe. If you left one ethnic group together too long I think it would bond on tribal and ethnic lines if the people were otherwise compatible. Remember, just because we might be of one ethnicity or another, doesn't mean we'll get along with everyone of the same ethnicity.

The longer you leave any group together the less likely they are to backstab their group. The go with the numbers metality sets in pretty quick. Last season proved that. That group couldn't stand each other, but stayed together because of numbers.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast