+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How many episodes until Race Wars merge?

How many episodes until Race Wars merge?

Last time they split the teams into 4. Older Younger men and woman it was only for a single event and then they merged the teams together.

While I understand 4 person teams are not enough to get things going, I don't see how a 5 person team will be much better.

Do you think they will even have 3 night as "race teams" before they find a way to put them all together?

They may hold out a little longer than that, but not much. I doubt it will last long at all. Maybe one or two tribal councils until they merge....I'm hoping.

Today on the radio news it was all over how dividing the teams up into races was such a big scandal. Personally I think it is a great idea because there has been a lack of racial diversity on the show. Yes, you may have an African-American male and female, maybe one hispanic but to have 4 African- Americans, 4 hispanic, 4 asians is a big deal numbers wise. It will not last long but the tensions being split that way will be very interesting to watch. Will the players keep alliances based on racial lines. Will starting the game this way again cause stress and tension. The entire point of this game is to watch how people react under various kinds of tension and pressure and boy is Mark Burnett delivering. I garantee that some grad student in socieology, psychology or cultural anthropology could write a terrific thesis based on this season of Survivor.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leo
    Premium Member
    I think it depends on how long they keep the four tribes before merging into the more traditional two. If they keep it for very long - say, three to four episodes, which would be around ten days or so in actual game-time, you might get trouble right after a merger down to two. If it's a short-term thing, then race might not come into play until final nine or so, if at all.

I think a merge to two tribes will occur in episode 3.

It'll be interesting to see how they merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    I think a merge to two tribes will occur in episode 3.

It'll be interesting to see how they merge.
    If its THAT early, then perhaps instead of being a total merge, or a schoolyard pick, perhaps it will simply be 2 groups directly merged into the other 2.

Like so:

remnants of White + remnants of Hispanic = New Tribe 1
    remnants of Asian + remnants of African-American = New Tribe 2

Or some other similar combo.

Or how about this? Take the tribe with the least members left and canibalize it three ways, with the goal of making the remaining three tribes as equal in numbers as possible.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular
    Unless they have a set schedule for merging, I would say it largely depends on which tribe has gotten the worst beating. If one tribe lost members three times in a row (not too likely; could still happen), it would be extremely unfair to have the remaining two compete against 5, 5, and 5.

I'd give it maybe two tribal councils before merge, if that. If the damage is more evenly spread, perhaps three or four.

OK, time for my first post on FORT. I can't believe that NYC officials want to block the show. If you haven't seen it the link is on the abcnews site.
    I would post the URL but I can't since I am a new member.

It's one thing to complain that this is happening but to officially try to block it without even seeing an episode is stupid. As far as I can tell nothing has come out that is offensive about this in any way. They are seperating people in the groups according to differences, something that happens every day in reality either subcontiously or on purpose.

It's how the groups and the editing handles the situations that will matter. I am sure that Mark Burnett will make sure things are edited in a way that will cause contraversy (for ratings) but will not be overly so.

FORT Regular
    I am really looking forward to this season! What the heck is everyone so afraid of?

They're just stirring up trouble where there doesn't need to be any.

Why is it okay to split the teams along gender or age lines, but not race?

Believe it or not, we are NOT all the same colour! *gasp*

Let all those naysayers spout off all they want. I'm sure CBS is loving the extra free publicity.

I think they will have probbly made plans to merge on the fly depending on how the immunity challenges play out.
    If the plan was to merge after four challenges for example, but the same tribe lost the first three they'd likely be able to amend their plans to merge sooner.

I'm not keen on the idea of splitting tribes along race lines.
    The idea doesn't appeal to me, but I am interested to see how it plays out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast