+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How many episodes until Race Wars merge?

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    This isn't a REALITY show. How much reality is there in a bunch of people being stranded in some tropical locale with no outside contact (or hope thereof), but a host to instigate and control? Seriously, the entire set up for the show is about as unreal as it can be.
    I suppose this is off topic, but well....my understanding of a REALITY show is that the dialogue is not scripted. That's were the "reality" is. Sure, the set up is organized and I even question what goes on during some of the challenges (during the Outcasts "revenge baby" challenge I noticed, from an aerial shot, that all three of the poles brought back from the beach had been repositioned neatly perpendicular to the structure....while the guys were digging. How'd they do that? Watch it MB! But I digress). If Survivor, the grand-daddy of them all, isn't a reality show, then this website isn't FORT, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    I suppose this is off topic, but well....my understanding of a REALITY show is that the dialogue is not scripted. That's were the "reality" is. Sure, the set up is organized and I even question what goes on during some of the challenges (during the Outcasts "revenge baby" challenge I noticed, from an aerial shot, that all three of the poles brought back from the beach had been repositioned neatly perpendicular to the structure....while the guys were digging. How'd they do that? Watch it MB! But I digress). If Survivor, the grand-daddy of them all, isn't a reality show, then this website isn't FORT, IMO.
    Confusion - I hate to be the cause of confusion. If you go back up, you'll see that my post was in response to one that maintained that this tribal setup is ok, because it reflects North American reality, and it's a reality tv show. My point is that there is nothing in the social circumstances on these shows that bears any resemblance to reality, not the tribal divisions, not the environment, not the show itself. So, I find the logic that the divisions are OK based on North American reality to be impossible to follow.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Confusion - I hate to be the cause of confusion. .......
    Me too.
    I think I'm just going to lurk for awhile.
    Sorry for the....uh....confusion.

Cheers.

Me too.
    I think I'm just going to lurk for awhile.
    Sorry for the....uh....confusion.

Cheers.
    Aww, I encourage you not to feel that way (although lurking has its own rewards). But you should always feel free to hop right in with your say-so, that's all that the rest of us are doing. The beauty of these forums is, there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions and thoughts about the show(s) and the show participants.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Aww, I encourage you not to feel that way (although lurking has its own rewards). But you should always feel free to hop right in with your say-so, that's all that the rest of us are doing. The beauty of these forums is, there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions and thoughts about the show(s) and the show participants.
    Thanx for the encouragement. Just, sometimes it seems I have a tough time saying my say-so (read: my thoughts on this seasons alliances/merge). Too much detail?....not enough? I don't know. Just need a break for a spell. At least until the show starts .

Cheers.

I think a merge to two tribes will occur in episode 3.

It'll be interesting to see how they merge.

I have been lurking and not posting. So if someone else has suggested this--I apologize. I think when it comes to merge time to split them along male and female again. Kind of predictable but oh well. I still would like to see them "mix up" the tribes a little more often so alliances can't get built and carried through to the end. Really don't know if it would work out that way?!?! Just my crazy thought.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    I have been lurking and not posting. So if someone else has suggested this--I apologize. I think when it comes to merge time to split them along male and female again. Kind of predictable but oh well. I still would like to see them "mix up" the tribes a little more often so alliances can't get built and carried through to the end. Really don't know if it would work out that way?!?! Just my crazy thought.
    You mean once, say 4 people are gone and the survivors are just starting to get confident and used to each other, switch it up and make 4 NEW tribes of 4 ? Something like that could make it interesting, and more in the realm of "sole" survivor.

I don't think that race will really end up an ugly issue, although the comments about representing and racial advantages on the previews made me laugh some. I'll predict that someone who has been a staunch supporter of their own racial advantage, finds themself needing to depend on and trust someone from another race and it's a happy outcome.

Edit to add:
    I posted before I read this thread through, and must say "whew" -- there is some very heavy discussion and strong opinions here. I had no idea that so many people would be taking a television show so seriously. My initial take was that part of the producers' plan was to draw more viewers of different backgrounds --- and I thought good marketing idea. I also thought by doing it starting with the tribes sorted by ethnicity, it would create some interest and healthy curiosity about different cultures, and in the end they would learn from and about each other and create something positive. Silly me, huh ?
    Last edited by echo226; 09-08-2006 at 03:12 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I actually watched the TV Guide channel preview with Cerie Fields, and Probst says that the split is really very positive. They have a really diverse group, and I feel sure that the groups will merge into two tribes pretty quickly. Probst says that since talking about race is taboo in this country, but also a huge problem, that it is a springboard for discussion.

We won't know how it is until we see it, and whether it's positive or negative. But, I think it will be interesting, and I already have my DVR set to record! Can't wait to get my fix.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    I actually watched the TV Guide channel preview with Cerie Fields, and Probst says that the split is really very positive. They have a really diverse group, and I feel sure that the groups will merge into two tribes pretty quickly. Probst says that since talking about race is taboo in this country, but also a huge problem, that it is a springboard for discussion.
    Probst will be on "The View" this Tuesday, for anyone who wants to see what else he has to say.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I get somewhat of an irritating rub with all of this talk about tribes being divided by races...These people are being divided by ethnicities....they are all a part of the human race (not a Martian in the bunch).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread