+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: How many episodes until Race Wars merge?

  1. #61
    FORT Fogey Tribal Speak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    This isn't a REALITY show. How much reality is there in a bunch of people being stranded in some tropical locale with no outside contact (or hope thereof), but a host to instigate and control? Seriously, the entire set up for the show is about as unreal as it can be.
    I suppose this is off topic, but well....my understanding of a REALITY show is that the dialogue is not scripted. That's were the "reality" is. Sure, the set up is organized and I even question what goes on during some of the challenges (during the Outcasts "revenge baby" challenge I noticed, from an aerial shot, that all three of the poles brought back from the beach had been repositioned neatly perpendicular to the structure....while the guys were digging. How'd they do that? Watch it MB! But I digress). If Survivor, the grand-daddy of them all, isn't a reality show, then this website isn't FORT, IMO.

  2. #62
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    I suppose this is off topic, but well....my understanding of a REALITY show is that the dialogue is not scripted. That's were the "reality" is. Sure, the set up is organized and I even question what goes on during some of the challenges (during the Outcasts "revenge baby" challenge I noticed, from an aerial shot, that all three of the poles brought back from the beach had been repositioned neatly perpendicular to the structure....while the guys were digging. How'd they do that? Watch it MB! But I digress). If Survivor, the grand-daddy of them all, isn't a reality show, then this website isn't FORT, IMO.
    Confusion - I hate to be the cause of confusion. If you go back up, you'll see that my post was in response to one that maintained that this tribal setup is ok, because it reflects North American reality, and it's a reality tv show. My point is that there is nothing in the social circumstances on these shows that bears any resemblance to reality, not the tribal divisions, not the environment, not the show itself. So, I find the logic that the divisions are OK based on North American reality to be impossible to follow.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey Tribal Speak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Confusion - I hate to be the cause of confusion. .......
    Me too.
    I think I'm just going to lurk for awhile.
    Sorry for the....uh....confusion.

    Cheers.

  4. #64
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    Me too.
    I think I'm just going to lurk for awhile.
    Sorry for the....uh....confusion.

    Cheers.
    Aww, I encourage you not to feel that way (although lurking has its own rewards). But you should always feel free to hop right in with your say-so, that's all that the rest of us are doing. The beauty of these forums is, there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions and thoughts about the show(s) and the show participants.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey Tribal Speak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Aww, I encourage you not to feel that way (although lurking has its own rewards). But you should always feel free to hop right in with your say-so, that's all that the rest of us are doing. The beauty of these forums is, there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions and thoughts about the show(s) and the show participants.
    Thanx for the encouragement. Just, sometimes it seems I have a tough time saying my say-so (read: my thoughts on this seasons alliances/merge). Too much detail?....not enough? I don't know. Just need a break for a spell. At least until the show starts .

    Cheers.

  6. #66
    It's almost Spring! redjdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    I think a merge to two tribes will occur in episode 3.

    It'll be interesting to see how they merge.

    I have been lurking and not posting. So if someone else has suggested this--I apologize. I think when it comes to merge time to split them along male and female again. Kind of predictable but oh well. I still would like to see them "mix up" the tribes a little more often so alliances can't get built and carried through to the end. Really don't know if it would work out that way?!?! Just my crazy thought.

  7. #67
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645
    Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    I have been lurking and not posting. So if someone else has suggested this--I apologize. I think when it comes to merge time to split them along male and female again. Kind of predictable but oh well. I still would like to see them "mix up" the tribes a little more often so alliances can't get built and carried through to the end. Really don't know if it would work out that way?!?! Just my crazy thought.
    You mean once, say 4 people are gone and the survivors are just starting to get confident and used to each other, switch it up and make 4 NEW tribes of 4 ? Something like that could make it interesting, and more in the realm of "sole" survivor.

    I don't think that race will really end up an ugly issue, although the comments about representing and racial advantages on the previews made me laugh some. I'll predict that someone who has been a staunch supporter of their own racial advantage, finds themself needing to depend on and trust someone from another race and it's a happy outcome.

    Edit to add:
    I posted before I read this thread through, and must say "whew" -- there is some very heavy discussion and strong opinions here. I had no idea that so many people would be taking a television show so seriously. My initial take was that part of the producers' plan was to draw more viewers of different backgrounds --- and I thought good marketing idea. I also thought by doing it starting with the tribes sorted by ethnicity, it would create some interest and healthy curiosity about different cultures, and in the end they would learn from and about each other and create something positive. Silly me, huh ?
    Last edited by echo226; 09-08-2006 at 03:12 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  8. #68
    Don't forget your towel! Lolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    656
    I actually watched the TV Guide channel preview with Cerie Fields, and Probst says that the split is really very positive. They have a really diverse group, and I feel sure that the groups will merge into two tribes pretty quickly. Probst says that since talking about race is taboo in this country, but also a huge problem, that it is a springboard for discussion.

    We won't know how it is until we see it, and whether it's positive or negative. But, I think it will be interesting, and I already have my DVR set to record! Can't wait to get my fix.
    fka kickstand

    Can Ya Dig It?

  9. #69
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    I actually watched the TV Guide channel preview with Cerie Fields, and Probst says that the split is really very positive. They have a really diverse group, and I feel sure that the groups will merge into two tribes pretty quickly. Probst says that since talking about race is taboo in this country, but also a huge problem, that it is a springboard for discussion.
    Probst will be on "The View" this Tuesday, for anyone who wants to see what else he has to say.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  10. #70
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,993
    I get somewhat of an irritating rub with all of this talk about tribes being divided by races...These people are being divided by ethnicities....they are all a part of the human race (not a Martian in the bunch).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.