+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Survivor 13' Contestants Announced!

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran View Post
    Next season: Straights verses gays.
    Don't laugh, if they have the nerve to divide by race (and the 16 people must have all agreed, along with network lawyers, etc...) then dividing by sexual preference can't be far behind, right?

God BLESS America................

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran View Post
    Next season: Straights verses gays.

ooh, ooh, ooh, I have an idea!

four teams of five

five straight men

five straight women

five gay men

five gay women

oh wait, lets take those teams and divide them into young and old!

lame . . . . . .

PP
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

FORT Newbie
    Eek...geez, what a storm that will be unleashed with this racial tribe idea. I'm wondering, if certain ones lose, would some fan out there cry out RACIST!! As if this doesn't seem racist enough. I dunno, at the least, to me it just seems like a crap idea.

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    CBS has announced the new contestants for Survivor 13: Cook Islands. The twist is confirmed. As suspected, the contestants have been split into 4 tribes of 5 according to race (Hispanic, White, African-American, and Asian-American). ....
    Are you serious?! This was actually announced on the "Early Show"?! Don't they usually annouce this kind of thing on the first episode when they all arrive at the location? I am not wanting to believe this twist quite yet. What a dumb idea. Who's laughing?....I'm not. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of Survivor.

http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.c...e=True&abc=abc

Confirmation from Jeff about the twist and expected backlash.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    let's just give the contestants weapons and get it over with.

Well, I very much dislike this idea. But I have to admit, they need viewers and this will get it. For me, racisim is a very touchy subject. I am glad that we get to see an equal balance of all different races, but I'd rather see them all interact with each other, rather than watch them compete against each other. I hope they merge early on.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

ETA: Sheesh, do they have enough people from California?
    That is exactly what I was thinking when I was going through the contestants
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    If it's anything like last year, with the tribe divisions......it's gonna last a couple of weeks.

As far as a lot of people from California.....I'm not surprised. Hopefully it's not a bunch of people wanting to get into acting or modeling.......LOL

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dzzyedge View Post
    If it's anything like last year, with the tribe divisions......it's gonna last a couple of weeks.

As far as a lot of people from California.....I'm not surprised. Hopefully it's not a bunch of people wanting to get into acting or modeling.......LOL
    Now what gave that away, aside from two of the contestants who's occupations are just that According to Probst they recruited nearly all of their contestants to get the diverse background they wanted (color me surprised on the recruited part, and while I've always defended it is he really trying to say that there aren't more than 5 Asians/Hispanics/African Americans that apply).

I don't really think this idea is racist, and I do agree that the divisions probably won't stay very long, especially if you have one tribe that loses the first two challenges. Probst is right that it's getting people talking but I don't think the fall out will be worth it. I think this twist will either be the best thing to ever happen to this show or the biggest bust it's ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast