+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536

Thread: 5/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    I thought it was interesting that Terry was able to demand an apology from Aras, but he wasn't able to apologize to Cirie.
    Thank you, I totally agree and you and I seem to be the only folks who think Terry owed Cirie an apology.

Besides I can just see Terry attempting an apology, but he suffers so much from Foot in Mouth Disease, that I am sure his apology would be so offensive that is would only tick someone off.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think that Aras comments were brought out by frustration of this being the only win of an IC by him and finally beating Terry and then it looks as if Terry is questioning Aras's methods, implying that Terry thought Aras was breaking the rules and won by cheating. And we all know Aras has gotten very loud and ruffed up when talking about moral values.
    Terry wasn't implying it he was outright saying he thought he was breaking the rules. Of course Terry was frustrated. He not only lost because of a simple misunderstanding of the odd rules but he was being sent to Exile Island again.

I guess I haven't noticed Aras having moral values. His hypocrisy, mean-spiritedness, and sore losing must have distracted me.

Besides I can just see Terry attempting an apology, but he suffers so much from Foot in Mouth Disease, that I am sure his apology would be so offensive that is would only tick someone off.
    I think you're right.

"Cirie, I'm sorry you are so lazy you can't put your torch out of the way."

"Cirie, I'm sorry you're too big a wuss to not get upset when I'm talking to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Terry wasn't implying it he was outright saying he thought he was breaking the rules. Of course Terry was frustrated. He not only lost because of a simple misunderstanding of the odd rules but he was being sent to Exile Island again.
    Well, that's his own fault everyone else seemed to understand the rules. This happened to me once playing bingo, I should have won but didn't believe me I never made that mistake again.

I guess I haven't noticed Aras having moral values. His hypocrisy, mean-spiritedness, and sore losing must have distracted me.
    Aras has several times gone on rants and confessionals dictating how some of the other, usually older contestents should behave. I felt he was out of place lecturing an older adult on this issue. I must admit he has mellowed in the last several episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Snoozin' on the beach
    Aras has several times gone on rants and confessionals dictating how some of the other, usually older contestents should behave. I felt he was out of place lecturing an older adult on this issue. I must admit he has mellowed in the last several episodes.
    Not only in confessionals, sometimes to their face too. Aras handles himself well in confessionals when he has more time to get his thoughts together but he doesn't do very well in face to face, particularly confrontations. Bruce and the fire, Melinda (and Cirie's) who gets the boot, even with Terry. This could very well bite him in the butt when facing a hostile jury member.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    I thought it was interesting that Terry was able to demand an apology from Aras, but he wasn't able to apologize to Cirie.
    Able to demand? And what was stopping Cirie from saying "Terry, you owe me an apoligy for suggesting I smack my kids either verbally or otherwise". She can stand up for herself just fine and could have confronted Terry the same way Terry confronted Aras. Aras wasn't able to apoligize to Terry on his own just like your saying Terry wasn't able to apoligize on to Cirie on his own. The same standard that applies to Terry and Aras also applies to Cirie and Terry
    Last edited by Shady64; 05-14-2006 at 07:15 PM.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I think that Aras comments were brought out by frustration of this being the only win of an IC by him and finally beating Terry and then it looks as if Terry is questioning Aras's methods, implying that Terry thought Aras was breaking the rules and won by cheating. And we all know Aras has gotten very loud and ruffed up when talking about moral values.

I don't understand this. Aras makes offensive comments and it's excused because of frustration. Terry makes offensive comments and he's an a$$h@le? I realize you don't like Terry but they both behaved the same way-equally bad. Neither one was right and neither one has a good excuse for what they said. Aras made nasty comments because he was frustrated, Terry also made nasty comments because he was frustrated. Am I misunderstanding? It sounds like "Aras said bad things too but there was a good reason for it, Terry said bad things for no reason at all".

I'm not defending Terry, he shouldn't have spoken that way to Cirie, Aras shouldn't have spoken that way to Terry either. Terry is in no way more guilty than Aras is. They are both equally guilty or equally justified
    Last edited by Shady64; 05-14-2006 at 07:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread