+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    AND they'd have to sacrifice one of their own to do it. Unless two of them voted for Sally, maybe.
    And that would depend on Sally not having the necklace, plus it would force some sort of showdown. If 4 Casayans voted for Terry, to make him produce the idol, that would only leave 2 votes against Sally. Sally and Terry would both vote against Aras, so there would be a tiebreaker situation.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    i know you gotta look out for youself in the game, which is why i understand if he keeps quiet about the idol, but to give your friends false hope.....better just to keep your mouth shut imo
    But, he never indicated he'd give it to one of his friends, he maintained that they could use it (as a group) as a bargaining chip. Which they did, but to no avail.

Also, if he offered it to both Bruce and Danielle, he'd have lied to one of them, and they'd both know that, since he was physically going to present it to one and not the other. Plus, he felt he had an in with Bruce already (from the old guy's team), but he had nothing going with Danielle. And, Austin did a poor job of selling her on switching, imo.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

The problem with Terry is that he's trying to play Tom Westman's game, but he doesnt have the brains, the personality, or the likability to pull it off. People seemed to throw themselves under the bus for Tom just because they liked him. Terry thinks that people will follow him the same way. Instead, he keeps fumbling around and knocking them under the bus accidently.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    The problem with Terry is that he's trying to play Tom Westman's game, but he doesnt have the brains, the personality, or the likability to pull it off. People seemed to throw themselves under the bus for Tom just because they liked him. Terry thinks that people will follow him the same way. Instead, he keeps fumbling around and knocking them under the bus accidently.
    Oops, sorry Austin, didn't mean for you to get voted off!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Snoozin' on the beach
    Terry would have been a complete idiot to give the idol to Austin without having Danielle and Bruce on his side. He was willing to sacrifice his safety net, as long as he had the numbers on his side. He still would have been a target but at least he maintains some safety, not as much with the idol though.

Giving the idol up and not having the numbers is jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Oops, sorry Austin, didn't mean for you to get voted off!

Let me agree with stargazer. I know there's been a lot of people saying Tom and Terry are so much alike. Considering Tom is one of my all time favorites and Terry isn't, maybe that's why I've never seen it (plus, at least Tom's team could actually win. I think Terry made poor desicions with La Mina from the start). But you said better than I could. I think Terry is just expecting things to happen the way he's envisioning them and then doesn't understand why but keeps on strategizing. Even though he should realize he's doing a bad job of it.

FORT Fogey
    That's the problem is he had his chance for numbers last week and blew it. As each week passes, his odds for numbers get worse. The best he can hope for is to cause a split in the other side, though if they're smart, they will boot him before the final three (final four if possible).

Snoozin' on the beach
    Bruce should have switched. That's 2 TC in a row they were hoping to get him and he didn't go with them. If Terry keeps winning immunity, Sally goes next. Bruce will be right behind her as the 6th person in the allaince and Terry has the idol. it will be way to late for him to save himself.

Well I'm going to stick up for Terry. The idol will save exactly one person. The necklace will save exactly one person. There was no way for Terry to save all 3 of the La Minas tonight. Their only hope is to flip some of the Casayas, and they've really been trying hard to do that, but the Casayas just aren't interested in boarding a sinking ship. Terry's in a good position to save Terry. If Austin wanted to save Austin, he should have tried harder.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

What a let down.

This is like a group of friends that always goes to the same hang out. One day they say "Let's go somewhere else." After much excitement and suggestions they end up at the same old hangout.

I like Terry and Sally, but their chances don't look good for F2. However, if one of them makes it they will probably be in better shape than the other finalist from a jury standpoint. They may be sticking together like herd animals now, but they still hate each other and will not be happy for anyone that outlasts them.

+ Reply to Thread