+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 Show Discussion The 1st 13 Days

3/15 Show Discussion The 1st 13 Days

If any of you want to discuss tonight's recap show feel free to do so here.

You know the more I think about this the more I think CBS made a miscalculation. If they had decided to air a new show as opposed to a recrap episode tonight, they would have drawn a number of viewers away from AI. Instead, I bet they get killed in the ratings.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    recrap episode

I didn't watch. By the looks of this thread, I'm not the only one!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    You know the more I think about this the more I think CBS made a miscalculation. If they had decided to air a new show as opposed to a recrap episode tonight, they would have drawn a number of viewers away from AI. Instead, I bet they get killed in the ratings.
    Mariner, I think you're on to something. CBS is trying to get Survivor away from AI as it's been crushed by AI the three nights it aired in the 8 pm Thursday slot. Perhaps CBS thought Fox would continuing airing AI in the 8 pm Wednesday slot instead of 9 pm and hence the reason they decided to air a recap show instead of an original episode. I would have tuned in if it were an original episode. Recap shows never interest me. There was little to no competition in the 8 pm slot tonight. A fresh episode of Survivor would have brought it in pretty big ratings IMO.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Btw, there is some new stuff. There was just a whole segment on how Sally's parents are very conservative and basically have cut off ties with her because of her divorce. She and Austin appear to be way closer than we've seen. There was a scene of her telling him about the effect of the divorce on her family and then a confessional from him where he talked about how close the two of them are. I wonder if that relationship is going to come into play after the merge.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Thanks for the info. I watched ANTM and switched to Survivor during commercials.

There was enough to make it worth watching. Bruce deciding he needed to use drinking water from his tribe's half empty small looking bottle seemed particularly selfish and clueless as to possible consequences; especially since as it was raining at the time. He's lucky, IMO that that episode didn't come back to bite him.

I liked Bobby. He certainly grew some attitude if he didn't already possess it, but his take on Danielle and Courtney is one I can appreciate. It was funny seeing him being a bed slug, having Danielle decide he needed to do something, Cirie rising him to tend to the fire, and him irritating Danielle to the point where she took over the job and he went back to sleep after he kept repeating back the directives of where the next twig should be placed.

Seeing the "girl" soap portion, I believe that declaration would have me plotting to foul the pristine bar with man cooties had I been there, even though whoever it was that made the declaration (Courtney or Danielle) said the men could have the other two. The Courtney/Danielle girly rubdown reminded me of other earlier pretty girls I grew to loathe as well. Funny seeing groty Shane soaping down what looked to be his scuzzy backside or nether region and then assert for the girls benefit that he was using their bar.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 03-16-2006 at 12:24 AM.

I taped the episode and just finished watching it. It was a typical recap episode.

Most of the scenes were obviously deleted for a reason. They didn't want viewers to fall asleep. The younger girls couldn't open a coconut... did that surprise any one of the six people who watched?

Bruce using the drinking water to wash his hands in a downpour was funny, but just proved his ignorance to me further. He is an idiot.

The girls wanting a separate bar of soap for themselves seemed dumb at first, but I can understand why after Shane took the bar and scrubbed between his buttcheeks.

Watching Casaya sing Happy Birthday to Shane's son was like watching the first half of Stevie Wonder night on American Idol all over again. They can't sing. I guess that's why they're on Survivor instead.

This episode definitely made Bobby seem like a bigger a**hole than he already did. He treated everyone like dirt, and in his interview, he acted like he worked so much harder than all the other "ignorant people".

It was a recap episode like any other recap episode, not that great, but you still watch because it's Survivor.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    That was certainly a dissapointment - I expected something new and interesting! But who do I get?

Behold! Shane is a whiney ass!
    Behold! Casaya sucks!
    Behold! La Mina doesn't have food!
    Behold! Terry found the immunity idol!
    Behold! Nothing new!

CEO
    A complete and total waste of an hour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast