+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I just assumed Gary was the one responsible for holding onto it. I stand by my original statement that I think it's crappy if a cameraman or producer held onto it until they went to TC, and I hope that's not the case with Terry. I think if someone finds the idol, it should be their problem to make sure no one touches it or finds out they have it.
    I don't know what they do with the idols, but I wouldn't mind if someone held onto it until the TC. Their belongings are pretty scarce, and considering the conditions, (like not having a personal bedroom, or even a suitcase) I don't see a problem. It would be interesting to know what they do with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I stand by my original statement that I think it's crappy if a cameraman or producer held onto it until they went to TC, and I hope that's not the case with Terry. I think if someone finds the idol, it should be their problem to make sure no one touches it or finds out they have it.
    I totally agree. I think Terry should be smart enough to bury the idol somewhere safe instead of leaving it in his belongings.

I would like to see the EI idol reburied and the clues continue. IF anyone else follows the clues and finds the box, I'd like to see the look on their faces when they see that it's already GONE. Would they tell everyone or confront Terry and Bruce individually to ask if they had it?

I'm wondering if Terry would have booted Ruth Marie if he hadn't found the exile Idol. He (and only he) knows that he is safe if his name ever comes up should the young guys and Sally turn on him. That's an ace in the hole that could have influenced how he plays it strategy wise from this point on.
    Good point! Also, I couldn't find the post again about fighter pilots having survival training, but that is great insight into why he would keep that info quiet.

[QUOTE=dberk;1799594]I would like to see the EI idol reburied and the clues continue. IF anyone else follows the clues and finds the box, I'd like to see the look on their faces when they see that it's already GONE. Would they tell everyone or confront Terry and Bruce individually to ask if they had it?

I think that's exactly what Terry did. He would rather other people keep looking and not find it, that way nobody would know he had it. There's nowhere else to hide the empty box.. might as well bury it again! I, too, can't wait to the see the expression on the face of the person who finds it next and realizes it's empty! I hope it's a few weeks down the road, so it won't be immediately obvious to them who found it first.....

Snoozin' on the beach
    He could have pitched the empty box in the ocean and the riptide would have taken care of it. Clues would still be there but whoever else looks for it won't find a thing and assume they are not following the clues correctly instead of figuring out it was no longer there to be found

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    He could have pitched the empty box in the ocean and the riptide would have taken care of it. Clues would still be there but whoever else looks for it won't find a thing and assume they are not following the clues correctly instead of figuring out it was no longer there to be found
    Exactly, no need to complicate matters by burying the empty box. Just cover up the hole and put the rock back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    I agree that this would be the SMART thing to do, but not as funny.

It would've been really funny if he'd made up a bogus immunity idol with whatever materials he could find and put together (sort of a primitive Martha Stewart craft project!), put that in the box, and re-bury it.

Too bad they don't allow luxury items anymore -- a cordless glue gun would come in handy for something like that. . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    It would've been really funny if he'd made up a bogus immunity idol with whatever materials he could find and put together (sort of a primitive Martha Stewart craft project!), put that in the box, and re-bury it.

Too bad they don't allow luxury items anymore -- a cordless glue gun would come in handy for something like that. . .
    If only!

+ Reply to Thread