+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Results 161 to 169 of 169

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

  1. #161
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I just assumed Gary was the one responsible for holding onto it. I stand by my original statement that I think it's crappy if a cameraman or producer held onto it until they went to TC, and I hope that's not the case with Terry. I think if someone finds the idol, it should be their problem to make sure no one touches it or finds out they have it.
    I don't know what they do with the idols, but I wouldn't mind if someone held onto it until the TC. Their belongings are pretty scarce, and considering the conditions, (like not having a personal bedroom, or even a suitcase) I don't see a problem. It would be interesting to know what they do with it though.

  2. #162
    FORT Fanatic Kay118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I stand by my original statement that I think it's crappy if a cameraman or producer held onto it until they went to TC, and I hope that's not the case with Terry. I think if someone finds the idol, it should be their problem to make sure no one touches it or finds out they have it.
    I totally agree. I think Terry should be smart enough to bury the idol somewhere safe instead of leaving it in his belongings.

  3. #163
    Ms Ambusher dberk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,461
    I would like to see the EI idol reburied and the clues continue. IF anyone else follows the clues and finds the box, I'd like to see the look on their faces when they see that it's already GONE. Would they tell everyone or confront Terry and Bruce individually to ask if they had it?

    I'm wondering if Terry would have booted Ruth Marie if he hadn't found the exile Idol. He (and only he) knows that he is safe if his name ever comes up should the young guys and Sally turn on him. That's an ace in the hole that could have influenced how he plays it strategy wise from this point on.
    Good point! Also, I couldn't find the post again about fighter pilots having survival training, but that is great insight into why he would keep that info quiet.

  4. #164
    FORT Regular CatLovin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    46
    Posts
    80
    [QUOTE=dberk;1799594]I would like to see the EI idol reburied and the clues continue. IF anyone else follows the clues and finds the box, I'd like to see the look on their faces when they see that it's already GONE. Would they tell everyone or confront Terry and Bruce individually to ask if they had it?

    I think that's exactly what Terry did. He would rather other people keep looking and not find it, that way nobody would know he had it. There's nowhere else to hide the empty box.. might as well bury it again! I, too, can't wait to the see the expression on the face of the person who finds it next and realizes it's empty! I hope it's a few weeks down the road, so it won't be immediately obvious to them who found it first.....

  5. #165
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918
    He could have pitched the empty box in the ocean and the riptide would have taken care of it. Clues would still be there but whoever else looks for it won't find a thing and assume they are not following the clues correctly instead of figuring out it was no longer there to be found

  6. #166
    FORT Fanatic Kay118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    He could have pitched the empty box in the ocean and the riptide would have taken care of it. Clues would still be there but whoever else looks for it won't find a thing and assume they are not following the clues correctly instead of figuring out it was no longer there to be found
    Exactly, no need to complicate matters by burying the empty box. Just cover up the hole and put the rock back in place.

  7. #167
    Ms Ambusher dberk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    He could have pitched the empty box in the ocean and the riptide would have taken care of it. Clues would still be there but whoever else looks for it won't find a thing and assume they are not following the clues correctly instead of figuring out it was no longer there to be found
    I agree that this would be the SMART thing to do, but not as funny.

  8. #168
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,907
    It would've been really funny if he'd made up a bogus immunity idol with whatever materials he could find and put together (sort of a primitive Martha Stewart craft project!), put that in the box, and re-bury it.

    Too bad they don't allow luxury items anymore -- a cordless glue gun would come in handy for something like that. . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  9. #169
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    It would've been really funny if he'd made up a bogus immunity idol with whatever materials he could find and put together (sort of a primitive Martha Stewart craft project!), put that in the box, and re-bury it.

    Too bad they don't allow luxury items anymore -- a cordless glue gun would come in handy for something like that. . .
    If only!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.