+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivors Who Went Home Too Early

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I'm probably the only one that feels this way, but I never understood why anyone thought Mike deserved a second chance; if you fool around and hurt yourself badly enough to go home, you did not "Survive", even though you weren't voted out.
    But he wasn't fooling around. He was stoking the fire, inhaled smoke, and passed out, at which point he fell face-first into the fire and received second- and third-degree burns on his face and hands. That's a long way from fooling around.

Sure, it's easy to make the reach that because he inhaled smoke and passed out, he didn't 'survive' -- he didn't outlast -- so he doesn't deserve another shot. But every person mentioned in this thread did something, somehow, to annoy someone, or to anger someone, or to somehow be outwitted and outplayed. The point is that many of these things (like Michael's accident, or Pascal and the rock) were so beyond the control of the player that the player seems to deserve another shot.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I think that the fact that Steph and Bobby Jon got a second chance is disgusting when I think about Michael. He was injured in a freak accident, which is part of the "game" as well, but he was never voted out or left because of game play, his game was interrupted. For that alone he should have been the only Survivor to receive a second chance.
    Supposedly Mike WAS asked to come back for Guatemala but he declined. He really should have been included in All Stars. But no, they just had to have Rupert (I believe that's who replaced him).

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie View Post
    Supposedly Mike WAS asked to come back for Guatemala but he declined. He really should have been included in All Stars. But no, they just had to have Rupert (I believe that's who replaced him).
    Thanks for the update Lil_Cutie. I am glad to hear that he was offered a second chance as well as a spot in the All Star edition. I wish they had held off on Steph and Bobby Jon until then as well. Lord knows they could have an All Star edition after two or three editions.

I would love to let the viewers vote on who gets to come back to an All Stars edition. Put out feelers and see who wants to come back and then let us pick the final list!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayven View Post
    But he wasn't fooling around. He was stoking the fire, inhaled smoke, and passed out, at which point he fell face-first into the fire and received second- and third-degree burns on his face and hands. That's a long way from fooling around.
    "fooloing around" is a figure of speech where I'm from...still, I think it was stupid for him to have his face so close to the fire to begin with--what, there were no long sticks around to handle the fire? I've been around hundreds if not thousands of campfires and bonfires, and never seen anyone do something like that.
    But even if it were a pure accident--say struck by lightening or whatever-- in my opinion, tough luck, and luck is a factor in this game, sometimes more so than others.
    As I said, I'm sure I'm in the minority around here in that I feel that there should be no second chances for any reason, unless it was an all star show.
    The whole Bobby John/Steph recall should have never happened either, in my opinion.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie
    They were fools to get rid of Tina 1st thing. She was the only one who had any grasp on how to set up and keep a camp. Oh well, their loss!

I'm surprised no one mentioned Tina in All-Stars. Going home simply because she'd won before. These weren't all-stars they were sore losers. MB should have realized the bitterness of the non-winners and kept the previous winners out of the all-stars game. It really sucked a lot of strategy out of the game when they simply voted out previous winners.

I'd also add Joel and Gretchen from Season one. Gervase makes a sexist remark and Joel takes the fall? And poor Gretchen tried to form an alliance but the Pagong tribe was dead set on becoming a verb.

Shii Ann (Thailand) - If the merge had really happened, I would really liked to have seen how far she could have gone. Could she have convinced Helen & Jan to make a new alliance? Would have been interesting.

FORT Fogey
    Amy was lucky to even last as long as she did, though I do admire her sticking it out despite the injury.

Jolanda made her own bed and had to lie in it. Losing her didn't harm them much. Rule one in Survivor: don't be overly bossy. She didn't get that. Therefore, she is the weakest link. Good bye.

Tina also made her own bed. Don't go off by yourself for hours at a time and let everyone plot to boot you. Of course, the stupid four tribes of four garbage didn't help matters.

While the purple rock was unfair, Paschal was lucky to not get booted early on. He had a much longer run than he should have, which is why his body revolted on him.

If I had to watch Ghandia for one more second, I may have had to throw up in my hat (which also means I'd have had to buy a hat). How she passed the psych test is beyond me. There's absolutely no place for this garbage in Survivor. Save it for Jerry Springer.

Bobby Jon was lucky to get as far as he did either time. Despite his work ethics, he's just not cut out for this kind of game, which he proved based on the fact he still probably holds a grudge against Steph for lying to him (the fact that he himself finally learned to lie, and lie bigger, apparently hasn't entered as a reason to forgive her).

Christy made a dumb move. She woulda shoulda coulda gone further... if only she could make a decision and pick a side (and inform that side of it).

I'm on the fence about Shii Ann and Savage. Shii Ann was smart to jump sides, but not so smart to tell everyone that's what she was doing. Savage would have gone much further if not for the ghost tribe, but he also made a critical mistake of declaring open season on whoever returned.

All Stars definitely was another issue altogether. Booting the previous winners became a sport. Of course, even if the previous winners weren't around, the better players would have been the targets.

I haven't been paying as much attention to this season as I did previous seasons, but I definitely expected Misty to go further.

My picks:

Jenna (Borneo): If you're gonna do an alphabet voting strategy, fine. Just don't tell everyone about it so they can use it to vote off someone who otherwise wouldn't be getting the boot, thereby sealing your own fate as well.

Michael (Outback): Nuff said.

Silas (Africa): Regardless of what he may have thought, he wasn't going to win, but he should've at least made the jury. Definitely got bit by the twist. I would say Lindsey, too, though she made way too many early errors, and I have to hand it to the other side for coming up with signals of who to vote out.

Kelly (Africa): Brandon's actions go down in history as among the most stupid of any player in the game. She was the victim of a horrible casting choice, and Lex's insanity didn't help matters any.

Hunter (Marquesas): Definitely too strong to go so early. I'm not going to agree on Gina, though. I was much more of a Kathy fan, and Neleh and Paschal were smart enough to form a bond to get them through.

Boston Rob (Marquesas): Love him or hate him, he's still one of the best players the game has ever seen. It took a pecking order challenge for the others to realize that he was right. Of course, the only reason he wasn't holding immunity for that vote was because of Probst, so in that respect, he did cost himself the game.

Kathy (Marquesas): She should have won. Vecepia was completely useless.

Deena (Amazon): I originally thought she would be lucky to get as far as she did, but with all the maneuvering she did, she would have been a fierce competitor and a good ally for Rob.

Rob C (Amazon): No question. He should have won the game, which is one of the things that makes Jenna among the lamest winners ever. He controlled every single vote until his boot, and the others knew enough about him when All Stars came that he was quick to go.

Burton (Pearl Islands): He was too strong to go so early the first boot, and he was too strong to have been beaten by the others on the second.

Jon (Pearl Islands): No matter how much of a weasel he is, he's still the Dr. Will of Survivor.

Brook, John P, Brady, John K (Vanuatu): Okay, if you want to boot one or two of them, fine. But don't boot every single one of them and flush your entire team down the toilet.

Jonathan (Palau): He probably wouldn't have won, but why those idiots (on both sides) decided to cast him aside as if he wouldn't be a fierce competitor is beyond me.

Steph (Palau): If only Ian weren't playing the game to hand to the firefighter or the girl who otherwise wouldn't give him the time of day. Then again, if only Caryn weren't such an idiot.

Brian, Gary (Guatemala): These were the better players of the season. They just got the short end of the tribal shuffle.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by user name View Post
    Jenna (Borneo): If you're gonna do an alphabet voting strategy, fine. Just don't tell everyone about it so they can use it to vote off someone who otherwise wouldn't be getting the boot, thereby sealing your own fate as well.
    It's been awhile since i've seen this season but it was Sean that was voting to boot alphabetically. I don't think Jenna was too was she? The others just took advantage of knowing who he was voting for beforehand. It was around (I think) Kelly or Gervase turn to go when they all begged Sean to stop wasting his vote like that.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, it was Sean's strategy, and he kept it up until it was too late (after Jenna's boot, which he caused).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast