+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Where would you search for immunity idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Next week's show should be very telling. If the clues continue for the next exiled, then how do we know that Bruce DIDN'T find an idol?
    Which would add that note of surprise that Newfherder felt we lost when we saw Terry find it! And which could mean that others find it as well.
    Altho I must say the ground seemed pretty compacted when Terry dug it up...not as if Bruce had just dug over the same ground.
    I was surprised he kept digging unless it was obvious the ground under the rock had been disturbed. I would have expected it to be right under the rock, not further down, and would have moved on to other rocks and Y shaped trees (don't most trees have Y shaped crotches at some point?).

Of course if 2 people had found idols and they both pulled them out at the same tribal council, what would they do? Go back to the original vote? Seems hard to plan a strategy if an immunity idol is not really an immunity idol!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Which would add that note of surprise that Newfherder felt we lost when we saw Terry find it! And which could mean that others find it as well.
    Altho I must say the ground seemed pretty compacted when Terry dug it up...not as if Bruce had just dug over the same ground.
    I was surprised he kept digging unless it was obvious the ground under the rock had been disturbed. I would have expected it to be right under the rock, not further down, and would have moved on to other rocks and Y shaped trees (don't most trees have Y shaped crotches at some point?).

Of course if 2 people had found idols and they both pulled them out at the same tribal council, what would they do? Go back to the original vote? Seems hard to plan a strategy if an immunity idol is not really an immunity idol!
    I hope that there is only one immunity idol, that would really suck if they kept adding one everytime someone found it. I too was kinda disapointed that they showed Terry find it, that takes some of the suspence out of it for me. Although I think I was more disapointed that it was found so soon into the game.
    The reason that he kept digging under that rock so deep was that he stabbed the machetti(sp?) into the ground and felt that there were no roots/other rocks under it. And on a small Island becide a tree one would expect to hit something.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Ah, right. He said something about that, but I didn't quite get the point. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Altho I must say the ground seemed pretty compacted when Terry dug it up...not as if Bruce had just dug over the same ground. I was surprised he kept digging unless it was obvious the ground under the rock had been disturbed. I would have expected it to be right under the rock, not further down, and would have moved on to other rocks and Y shaped trees (don't most trees have Y shaped crotches at some point?).

Good points. That's why I think Bruce didn't find it.

If Bruce found one, that means they buried a second one (Terry's idol) at the same spot.

Which means they need to bury a third one at same spot for the next person. It's not fair to start with a new set of clues or location since Bruce and Terry got the same clues.

FORT Fanatic
    I don't think they are going to replace it and there isn't going to be another at least until the first one is used. My thoughts are they have a couple of options:

1) They replace the last clue with a new one and have the exiles going on the proverbial 'wild goose hunt' for the remainder of the game until Terry uses it. Seems unfair to do this, IMO.
    2) They don't replace the clue and continue with additional ones, and leave to chance one of the exiles will discover it has been found already.
    3) The next clue tells the latest exile the idol has been found.

Option 2 or 3 may make the game interesting because if the next person is not Bruce, they will only know either Terry or Bruce has it! Does that person 'talk' or keep the information to him/herself?

JR.
    I'd go with #2. They could bury the box again in the same place, but leave a note inside saying something like "Sorry, the idol has already been found".

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I said this elsewhere, but it belongs more here....they must have a pre-made list of clues, written before the show started for legal reasons, so they can keep on passing those out. The question is whether they (or Terry) filled in the hole and replaced the rock. Will someone coming in Terry's footsteps be able to guess that there was a box and bottle there that have been removed? Assuming they don't put a new box in with a note saying the idol is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I'd go with #2. They could bury the box again in the same place, but leave a note inside saying something like "Sorry, the idol has already been found".
    I agree with #2 and that there won't be any idol until Terry used his.

If it's #3, then the next Exile will know regardless. With #2, there is a chance that he/she will never find the spot.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Ok, is it just me, or did that look like a different map this last episode?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Look under Dan's thread to find out what they do with the immunity idol once they find it, and how they get it to tribal council in case they need it.

+ Reply to Thread