+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Where would you search for immunity idol?

The tree visible immediately to the left of the water barrel does have twigs/branches/vine whatever that does make a "y" shape at the top, but I think that's just vines doing what they do.

I agree that it's something to do with "fate", as Jeff seemed to emphasize that word somewhat.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I think others have drunk the water without boiling before too, regardless of the instuctions. Besides, I think I'd be likely to at least open the barrel to get out some water to rinse off my face and so forth. So, if it is around the water barrel, I don't think it will be so obvious as being just sitting there in the water.
    I'd probably be among the silly's that would risk drinking the water depending on how thirsty I actually felt. I don't think just a day without water would send me over that edge, though.

I'm increasingly convinced that what they are initially searching for is not the actual idol, but another clue toward its eventual discovery. It doesn't make sense to me that the producers would create a twist like this made easy enough to solve in the first couple of weeks, like having the actual idol within the water cask or situated anywhere within open sight.

I don't recall Jeff's actual words at present, but I don't believe that 'fate' portion of his spiel is going to amount to more than subterfuge. The clue he imparted could be anything that he said; highlighting the fate aspect seems like misdirection to me, aimed at that searcher who might grasp upon it to the exclusion of whatever else he said.

I'm wondering what he's going to offer the future overnight guests of Exile Island in the way of clues. He indicated that what is imparted to the one left behind can be shared or not, that it was entirely up to them to decide. Will he (I think not) give previous clues as well as the current one to each exile, or will the singular clues simply become more pointed (as I'm inclined to think) as time goes on?

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    This is kinda off topic, but I was wondering where the hell are they going to hide their idol until they can use it?
    For some reason I got the impression the idol they are searching for will be small enough to secret on their person without being obvious about it. I've wondered though, what will determine who possesses the idol? Will it be the one who locates it, or the person that whips it out. If someone other than the finder takes possession by hook or by crook, is that legitimate gameplay, would they then be able to wield its power simply by right of possession?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    For some reason I got the impression the idol they are searching for will be small enough to secret on their person without being obvious about it. I've wondered though, what will determine who possesses the idol? Will it be the one who locates it, or the person that whips it out. If someone other than the finder takes possession by hook or by crook, is that legitimate gameplay, would they then be able to wield its power simply by right of possession?
    I've always wondered how Gary kept it secret last season because that thing was not small by any means. Not to mention that was in the jungle whereas this is a beach season which means bathing suits so it would be even harder to conceal this season.

I would assume it has to be the person who finds it who gets to use it. Otherwise, it could get ridiculous if what I suspect is true in that there is no way they would be able to keep it secret very long without stashing it secretly somewhere.

Hmm, well, I didn't get to see what the barrel of water looks like, so I don't know how deep it is. So, maybe the way my theory would work better, about the immunity thingy being hidden at the bottom or beneath it, it would help in the fact that so far nobody knows exactly what the immunity idol looks like. The exile island is far smaller than the area they had to search for the immunity idol in Guatemala, and the one from Guatemala was kinda big, so I'd say that to make it harder to find, it should need to be smaller this time, perhaps it can be a necklace, a much easier object to hide and thus more difficult to find, as well as making it easier to hide should someone find it and decide to not use it till the time's right. Therefore, if it was a necklace and the barrel of water was deep enough, the necklace could indeed be at the very bottom, not visible, and the only way to check if it is there would be by plunging your arm down there and prod the bottom, and if not, well, just dump the whole thing, I'm sure they'll refill it anyway.

Just my speculation on how I think how the bottom of the barrel theory could work, so I guess we'll see. I still think the barrel would be my first choice.
    Last edited by Rembrant; 02-06-2006 at 02:45 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    This is kinda off topic, but I was wondering where the hell are they going to hide their idol until they can use it. Most of the time they're in their bikinis/swim trunks. I suppose you could stash it somewhere but what if someone else somehow finds it?
    I wonder the same thing. No matter how small, it would be impossible to keep it on you during most of these challenges. It has to be stashed somewhere. If you put it with your belongings you risk others tossing your stuff to see if you found it. If you bury it, you risk another seeing you dig it up before TC.

The wording that the idol is above the tide line draws my attention toward the water.

There are both high as well as low tide lines, that they didn't specify in the 2nd clue has me wondering what is out there toward the low tide line.

Good of them not only to include the previous clue, but indicate where the idol isn't. Presumably they eliminated the lazy "right behind where I'd been standing" interpretation. Did the clue Bruce received include ALL that Probst had said, or was it restricted to the comment regarding fate?

FORT Fogey
    The tide line always refers to high tide.

We now know that the water barrel comment to Misty was bascially, dont drink the water and has nothing to do with the idol.

Why are you there, fate, and above the tide line are relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    The tide line always refers to high tide.

We now know that the water barrel comment to Misty was bascially, dont drink the water and has nothing to do with the idol.

Why are you there, fate, and above the tide line are relevant.
    Beachfront property owners and those seeking access to the beach and or water may pay a bit more attention to low tide lines than the general populous as this link indicates:

http://www.ago.state.ma.us/sp.cfm?pageid=1681

I like that one is cool to be on the beach so long as they are beyond the low tide line, basically meaning treading along through the ocean itself, by my reading of it.

I haven't seen anything yet that has excluded the water cask as a point of interest to me.

I couldn't tell whether the original clue included all of what Jeff had said or selective portions. If it doesn't mention the water on the clue parchment that Bruce received, maybe they don't like him enough to warn him away from it. He has the flint, but did they now include a pot? I don't recall Misty having one. Bruce was on the island for 3 days, so I suppose giving him a pot to boil water may have just been considered unnoteworthy to the show's staff.

Find the idol
    Find the idol
    Idol I will find.

I will not find it
    on the ground
    I will not find
    where rocks abound

Would I find it
    here or there?

I will not find it
    anywhere!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    Beachfront property owners and those seeking access to the beach and or water may pay a bit more attention to low tide lines than the general populous as this link indicates:

http://www.ago.state.ma.us/sp.cfm?pageid=1681

I like that one is cool to be on the beach so long as they are beyond the low tide line, basically meaning treading along through the ocean itself, by my reading of it.

I haven't seen anything yet that has excluded the water cask as a point of interest to me.

I couldn't tell whether the original clue included all of what Jeff had said or selective portions. If it doesn't mention the water on the clue parchment that Bruce received, maybe they don't like him enough to warn him away from it. He has the flint, but did they now include a pot? I don't recall Misty having one. Bruce was on the island for 3 days, so I suppose giving him a pot to boil water may have just been considered unnoteworthy to the show's staff.
    First clue on Bruce's scroll:

You also have a lot of time to think about "why" fate chose you to be the first one out here, which is also "why" immunity is already so important.

And as for your first clue, the whereabouts, I've already given it to you.

The water barrel or whether to boil the water has nothing to do with the idol.

"Why" was in quotation marks twice. I think the location has to do with a tree with a Y-shaped branch along the water.

What does everyone think?

+ Reply to Thread