+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

It seems to me that if Terry DOESN'T win the next immunity, he is actually in a power position (for one week at least). If everyone votes for him and he uses his immunity idol, then HIS vote will be the only one that counts, and he can single-handedly send someone home. Only a short-term reprieve, perhaps, but an important one certainly.

Therefore, it would make sense for one of the "outsiders" of Casaya to join forces with Terry to influence who goes home.

(If this has already come up, sorry...I haven't had time to keep up with all the threads.)

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by owlie View Post
    It seems to me that if Terry DOESN'T win the next immunity, he is actually in a power position (for one week at least). If everyone votes for him and he uses his immunity idol, then HIS vote will be the only one that counts, and he can single-handedly send someone home. Only a short-term reprieve, perhaps, but an important one certainly.

Therefore, it would make sense for one of the "outsiders" of Casaya to join forces with Terry to influence who goes home.

(If this has already come up, sorry...I haven't had time to keep up with all the threads.)
    I agree with this. The deal with Terry, in my opinion, is that once the alliance of 6 cracks and the sub-alliances begin jockying, Terry becomes the swing vote, especially if his threat is diminished because he has used, and no longer has, the hidden immunity idol. .

I think he's a dolt. If it were me having the hii in my possession - I would try to protect my alliance - keep the numbers somehow. Terry kind of my reminds me of Colby when he won bookuu challenges - the excessive celebrations- you know what I mean right? which became a turn off.
    Carey

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    My last thought on the subject. I still don't see why Terry is so deserving of the former Casaya's vote over the next guy/girl sitting next to him. Shady64, I get the point you're making about Shane and the two girls. I get why Casaya would be viewed as petty and spiteful (sort of). But I don't see why everyone thinks they're going to feel betrayed but vote for the person who voted them out over Terry who didn't do anything to them. I think that'd be a Survivor first for jurors to vote for the person that double crossed (outwitted) them. Besides, Terry will have some sort of hand in voting someone off. I also don't see how Terry being arrogant over his immunity wins and letting Casaya know he's here to stay is any different than them rubbing it in his face that he's gone the first chance they get. He may not show it the same way but arrogance is arrogance, and they both feel they have the right. But I guess when you like someone (or don't) they don't come across in the same light
    Last edited by karalott; 04-17-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Snoozin' on the beach
    If he doesn't win immunity, both he AND the immunity holder will have power. Both will be 100% safe for that TC. For everyone else the risk is greater, the pool of targets has shrunk by 1. The non immunity winners should target another non winner, not Terry. Target Terry and you leave it up to chance who goes-and it may be you. Don't target Terry and you have more control over who goes next-someone other than you.

The ultimate goal is to get to F2, to do that you have to keep yourself as safe as possible. Getting rid of Terry is the 2nd goal. If you can't reach the second goal without hurting your chances to reach the ultimate goal, don't. None of them are keeping their eye on the prize-except Aras. He is figuring it out (wanting Sally gone over Austin). He'd be one smart cookie to team up with Terry--even if it's only long enough to get rid of the additional threats to himself--everyone that stands between him and F2--the ultamite goal!

They are already changing how they should play without realizing it. They should have booted the 2nd biggest threat (Aras) and continue getting rid of the threats. Take Terry, the EI and every II he's won out of the equation and what would be the next step you would do to reach F2 in the game? They are focusing on the wrong thing--getting rid of the idol.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    But I don't see why everyone thinks they're going to feel betrayed but vote for the person who voted them out over Terry who didn't do anything to them.
    My last note on it too. Look how they feel about him now, he hasn't done anything to them except continue to keep himself safe winning immunity. Their feelings are only going to get worse as he keeps winning, they will get more and more resentful and they are gonna stew for the next 15 days about it. Being an immunity hog changes plans and boots.They're going to blame him for taking their (percieved) spot in F2 with an immunity run.

I think that'd be a Survivor first for jurors to vote for the person that double crossed (outwitted) them.
    Jenna Morasca, Amazon comes to mind. I think Hatch and Brian H. also but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

I'm rooting for Terry. I think he is playing a good game.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by owlie View Post

Terry has no power at all. Terry will have one vote and that will be Aras. No big deal. The others will divide their votes between Terry, and the castaway they send home. Bruce or Courtney. 4 votes for Terry and two for another.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Terry and two for another.
    That's if they know for sure who Terry is voting for.

Snoozin' on the beach
    His Idol has power even if he has to waste it, he's safe for that TC. Everyone else is not safe. There's also the immunity necklace. Someone other than Terry would have to have it in order for them to target him in the first place. Aras is the only person that's come close to beating Terry-he'd have immunity. Aras is now free to vote who he wants to be second highest vote getter, not who the group agrees on. All he has to do is get Terry (or one other person-Shane) to vote the same way and Aras is now making the decision of who goes.

Who is going now that Aras would be safe with the necklace? Wouldn't that person (and their sub alliance) be scrambling to get votes changed so they are not the 2nd highest vote getter? One less vote for them (or towards Terry) means 1 more for someone else and they are no longer the 2nd highest vote getter. And so on.
    Last edited by Shady64; 04-18-2006 at 11:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread