+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Maybe I put too much importance on winning immunity. And, on Terry finding the idol. To me, if he makes the Final 2, he's overcome incredible odds. The game isn't about doing things for other people. He tried the only thing he could to flip Casaya members when La Mina entered the merge down 6-4. He didn't do it too artfully, but he didn't have a real choice. He also offered Danielle the hidden immunity idol which he didn't have to do. I think Shady64 is dead on about what is going to happen if he does make the Final 2, but I think it's because Casaya is a bunch of lazy asses who feel some sense of entitlement to the Final 6 because they entered the merge up 6-4. They expect Terry to roll over and die. I still can't believe that only Aras participated in the immunity challenge this week while the rest of them ate. If Terry continues his immunity run, it's on them. This was the week to make him use the hidden immunity idol. Now they've guaranteed one of them is going home at the next tribal council.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Maybe I put too much importance on winning immunity. And, on Terry finding the idol. To me, if he makes the Final 2, he's overcome incredible odds. The game isn't about doing things for other people. He tried the only thing he could to flip Casaya members when La Mina entered the merge down 6-4. He didn't do it too artfully, but he didn't have a real choice. He also offered Danielle the hidden immunity idol which he didn't have to do. I think Shady64 is dead on about what is going to happen if he does make the Final 2, but I think it's because Casaya is a bunch of lazy asses who feel some sense of entitlement to the Final 6 because they entered the merge up 6-4. They expect Terry to roll over and die. I still can't believe that only Aras participated in the immunity challenge this week while the rest of them ate. If Terry continues his immunity run, it's on them. This was the week to make him use the hidden immunity idol. Now they've guaranteed one of them is going home at the next tribal council.
    I wasn't sure if I had misunderstood what everyone was saying above or not. I see what Shady64 is saying but I still don't get it. Why would Casaya not voting for Terry in the final 2 but rather one of their own make them petty and spiteful I say again, I don't think he's really done anything that great that makes him a better player or that makes him more deserving than anyone else left (though let me say I wouldn't have any problem with him beating Shane and Courtney. In fact, for a brief moment I'd make myself a Terry fan for that to happen ) Unless what you're all getting at is that because he's Terry from La Mina and took a spot away from Casaya that's why they'll be spiteful towards him. But what else is new from a Survivor jury? Emotions always seem to rule the outcome. I don't take credit away from him for doing what he had to do, getting people to try to come over to his side, because what choice did he have. Whatever happens to Casaya now if someone's bitter about being voted off it's their own fault. I do agree that Casaya probably does expect him to quit trying or aren't considering him as a big a threat as he is and that's why they feel comfortable. After Aras competing in the challenge this week and the rest sitting out I don't know what to make of that tribe or where their loyalities are. I doubt they know. They have the number's and I'm sure that's all they're thinking about; not that Terry is safe for at least one more TC and that one of their own will have to go. Regardless, hopefully it'll get interesting. That's all I want

I guess I expect people when it comes down to the Final 2 to vote on the merit of how the two people played the game. It always baffles me when they get all petty and get an us against them attitude. Honestly, if someone stabbed me in the back but in a way that got them to the Final 2, I'd vote for them to win at that point. I'd give 'em hell in my questioning first though. Have past juries voted for people for other reasons? Yes. I'm so with you on Shane and Courtney. The truth is Terry will probably be gone in two or three weeks based on the odds but if he makes it farther I'll be rooting for him.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I guess I expect people when it comes down to the Final 2 to vote on the merit of how the two people played the game. It always baffles me when they get all petty and get an us against them attitude. Honestly, if someone stabbed me in the back but in a way that got them to the Final 2, I'd vote for them to win at that point. I'd give 'em hell in my questioning first though. Have past juries voted for people for other reasons? Yes. I'm so with you on Shane and Courtney. The truth is Terry will probably be gone in two or three weeks based on the odds but if he makes it farther I'll be rooting for him.
    I'd always be curious for Survivor to do a before and after vote. Have them cast the official vote on the island or wherever Survivor is held that season, then have them cast another unofficial vote prior to the finale just to see if it's changed. Many times Survivor contestants had said they would have changed their vote based solely on emotion. Overtime the anger dies down and they realize that whoever betrayed them was just playing the game and deserved to win (I think one of the only Survivor's to never get to that point is Lex after his AS stint). It doesn't really baffle me as it makes me roll my eyes at why they're so angry. Anything can happen in this game and many times these jurors who lash out just rode someone's coattails to a certain point. You'd think after 12 seasons a contestant would know better than to do take someone's word and not try to do something themselves. But that's exactly what we have this season. I think Terry will continue his immunity streak. And he still has the idol. Of course I don't care much for him so I won't be heartbroken when he is gone, but I don't think he'll be going anywhere for awhile. I don't think anyone left except for Aras can take him in a challenge, and we've seen the long immunity runs of Kelly W., Colby and Tom. Unlike those 3, I do think at some point he may screw up and lose (if you want my guess, it'll be the last immunity challenge that decides the final 2. That one is always pretty interesting).

I agree with everything you've said, Mar. It would be nice to see the jury vote on merit, but I'm afraid this bunch will vote strictly for the member that was in their alliance. It is a game and all that, but I see some of the old Casaya alliance as being worthless excuses for human beings. Shane? Ugh. He's the epitome of entitlement, and I don't understand why they didn't turn on him long ago. As long as he runs his little cadre it'll continue to rot from the inside. Bruce seems like a nice enough guy, but I don't care for the rest of them. Terry on the other hand, is a stand-up guy. He's honest and hardworking, and I hope he gets to F2 even though he probably won't win.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Snoozin' on the beach
    Betrayal would be the big part of it. Even with that betrayal, no matter how bad it is, they still wouldn't vote for him.

I get the biggest kick out of Terry's having the idol coming back to haunt them. It was all of Casaya that sent him, not once, but twice, to Exile Island. That was the dumbest thing, giving him an opportunity to find the freebie. He had already shown he was going to be the biggest threat down the line.This is shaping up to be the biggest "bite you in the ass" in Survivor history--and done to an entire group of people. If he wins 2 (or more) immunities, it will be

Snoozin' on the beach
    Karlott, you kind of hit on what I was saying. It was an inbetween merit and betrayal. It depends on who the other person is also.

Can you imagine a Shane/Terry F2? Shane will have had to screw over everyone on the jury. He had a bond/alliance with Aras and backstabbed him, he treated Courtney and Danille like total garbage numerous times. They don't respect him or his game and gameplay is not what they are voting on, it's emotions and betrayal. Terry didn't screw them out of the game and he's a less objectionable person and player. They should (and would) be voting Terry. Shane wins their vote, he didn't play better game or is a better person -they think he's a piece of garbage. He's given them every reason not to vote for him and not one single reason to vote for him. They voted for Shane just to spite Terry (even though he is the "lesser of 2 evils" so to speak) because he took their spot with his immunity run (the resentment has been building every challenge since the merge). --I want to add that Terry has positives going for him merit wise-he did outplay and outlast them all. Shane did too but (my personal opinion) is Terry was in do or die-bullseye on the back since the merge and pulled off the near impossible whereas Shane has alot of safety having the numbers and had to do less butt saving. To me, it's more impressive getting there the way Terry did. I don't know if I am saying it any better than I did before, do you see what I'm getting at?

I agree with you, jury/emotion/betrayal is always going to be some kind of factor in deciding votes. Bull in a china shop approach won't do it. Some people vote on merit, some on betrayal, some on bonding. You've got to be prepared and act accordingly along the way, plus a dash of BullS*t when answering jury questions. Danni-Guatemala is the perfect example. She got Judd, Jamie and Cindy's vote because of betrayal. She got Lydia's vote for merit and she got BJ and Gary's vote for both close bond and merit.
    Last edited by Shady64; 04-16-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Snoozin' on the beach
    My last "professor windbag" post was going by what they think of Terry. There's too many "ruled by emotions" personalities on Casaya to hope they'd consider merit any kind of factor. I like Terry, he rocked in challenges and has continued to live to fight another day despite the odds. He hasn't outwitted anyone very well but neither has anyone else.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    From her on out, Terry won't be responsible for anyone getting the boot. His lone vote is void to their majority numbers.
    I totally disagree. If he doesn't win immunity this week, he'll be voted out. Then, his lone vote will decide who goes home when he plays the idol. Remember that the person with the next highest number of votes goes. So he alone will make that decision. The other 6 sheep will all vote for him.

I have wondered if it would have been smarter for Terry to play the idol the first week and chance getting the numbers. It would have then been 5-4. But I can't say what I would have done. It would have been tempting to keep my crew, but it would also be tempting to guarantee myself at least one more week.

I don't see Terry as cocky either. I know a lot of pilots, and they all have that swagger. Terry, to me, is just like the guys in Top Gun. And more importantly, he can back it up.

I wish he'd win. But even if he makes the final 2, the jury won't give it to him. The Casaya 6 are like sheep following the herd. It's almost like Big Brother all over again.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I totally disagree. If he doesn't win immunity this week, he'll be voted out.
    The whole note was F2 scenario/hypothetical of how many pissed/betrayed jury members would hold it against the person in F2 that booted them (and would likely not vote for because of it). You are right though, instead of winning all the immunities, there is the possibility that he loses 1 immunity only (waste the idol) and wins every other one right to F2.

+ Reply to Thread