+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yup, very true aname.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    See that is why it is so wonderful that we are all different and have such different opinions. I thought the whole scenario with his wife was cute and funny. If we all thought alike, the world would be sooooooo boring.
    In the spirit of making it an interesting world, I thought Terry's shenanigans with respect to his wife and their personal life nauseating and a clear indication of what a puerile rockhead he really is.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I am sorry Terry didn't win because I think he deserved it more than anyone else. After I found out he wasn't even in the final two (from the internet - I am in Hawaii and get the show really late), I didn't even tape it. Terry is a real man and very sexy. He rose to each challenge, winning most of them, even though he was always the odd man out. The others all acted like a super click never accepting him and always treating him rather badly. He handled it all with aplomb and never let it get to him. I never saw any chauvinism from him (while I did see some of it from Aras), and in fact I think he acted respectively toward the women. His decisions were well thought out even though he was far too trusting of Danielle, but he probably saw this as having little choice. He is a man and Aras is still a boy. Aras has a way to go to become the man Terry is.

For the record it was Danielle who said Aras "threatened her". If I were Terry I would not have handed over that Immunity Idol, and I can't believe anyone who watched this show would do it either. Why would anyone trust this woman? For one, she lied so many times even to people who were suppose to be her friends like Courtney. Also, Danielle shakes her head yes to Aras on the last competition, he jumps in, and then she tells him she may not take him after all. (Where did this come from when Danielle said she never expected to win? She didn't, Aras gave it to her!) Both he and Terry deserved to be angry because they both at some point helped her to get to the bottom three. The difference is Terry handled it like a man and Aras handled it like the man-boy he still is. Still he is a much better win than Cirie and especially Danielle.

As far as Terry being too arrogant - what about those Casaya members that strutted around camp always in La Minas face with the fact they were all going home. Only difference between Terry and the others is Terry messed up their little plan - time and time again. I really believe a lesser man would have wilted under all the Casaya hate, and could not have hung in there for that long.

Also for the record, Danielle said herself one reason she didn't take Terry was he was bonding with the other tribe members and felt they would all vote for him. If he was the awful a-hole some think he is (editing maybe?) he would have been the best person to take to the final 2. Period.
    Last edited by RubyRed; 05-15-2006 at 04:04 PM.

I thought Terry and his wife were simply being playful. Would I want it all on tv, well no but with this show and all those like it you never know for sure what part or how much will actually be shown. SO you know if they have an active, fun and exciting sex life after that many years of marriage I say WHOO HOO!
    After 16 years of marriage, I personally have a headache at least 4 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Also for the record, Danielle said herself one reason she didn't take Terry was he was bonding with the other tribe members and felt they would all vote for him. If he was the awful a-hole some think he is (editing maybe?) he would have been the best person to take to the final 2. Period.
    It does seem a bit ironic that Aras' made the idiotic statement about Terry not playing the whole game, meaning the social aspect. And then the reason Terry is booted is because he played it better than Aras and Danielle.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    All you have to do is compare and contrast the way Aras handled Danielle with the way that Terry handled Danielle. The true colors of all were revealed -- for the good of Terry and the detriment of Aras. Terry may have had his moments during his Survivor adventure, but Aras was an absolute punk for threatening Danielle. Terry was a complete gentlement in his dealings with her. What say you haters to that?
    While Terry handled negotiations with Danielle pre TC much better than Aras's threats to Danielle, Terry was not much of a gentleman during the F2, in regards to his dismissal of Danielle's statement and that you can play the game %100 with honesty. Didn't work for Terry did it, and he lied to Danielle also by treating her with respect pre TC (cause he wanted her to take him to F2) but blasting her with the comtempt he feels for her and the way she played after. Danielle was screwed either way as far as what partner she could take to F2. Wonder if it would have been any different if it had been Courtney and Danielle in the F2. INsane would have been in agony with that decision.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

At least Terry didn't threaten Danielle. What Terry did do was depend on her to keep her word something he should have long before understood would not happen. As for Aras threatening Danielle. Well I'dve told her that also. And I wouldn't have voted for her if she promised me final two and then reneged nope no way. Does that make me petty. Eh...probably but then I do have the fact that I don't feel like she outplayed or outwitted so much, maybe it would be an easy choice.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    It does seem a bit ironic that Aras' made the idiotic statement about Terry not playing the whole game, meaning the social aspect. And then the reason Terry is booted is because he played it better than Aras and Danielle.

And then Aras admits at the reunion what viewers knew all along, that he wasn't in danger of going home everytime Terry kicked their butts up and down the pike. Aras has made idiotic statments the whole game. No wonder he picked Melinda's boot as his best moment-he didn't have any other moment to pick from

Quote Originally Posted by rupertshoney View Post
    And I wouldn't have voted for her if she promised me final two and then reneged nope no way.
    When did Danielle promise Aras final 2? And didn't Aras try to vote Danielle off the council before? So not sure why she owes him anything.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    When did Danielle promise Aras final 2?
    On the lily pad with the nod of her head.

+ Reply to Thread