+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Well, CEO I will admit I was surprised last night that Terry seemed to take it so well, and their style of handling Danielle was very different. In this instance, Terry may have been the more gracious one, I'll give you that. Not sure if it was because he suddenly had an epiphany and realized it was totally out of his hands, or if he was extremely confident in their alliance to the final two. Either way she screwed him, and if I were Terry I wouldn't have given her my vote either.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    that might very well be why he didn't vote for her, but Terry, the 'chauvenist' did not rub her face in it or attempt to use the power of his ego to influence her. Aras, the 'enlightedned one, did. Reminding Danielle what her decision should be was good survivor playing. I would have done it; but would at least one hater please acknowledge that 'Captain America' was the gracious one here. PLEASE!
    For the record I am not a Terry hater. I do acknowledge that Terry did handle that part well and Aras made a mess of it. A threat like that would have put my back up immediately. It could have cost Aras the win. I wonder if he realizes that. The only reason Danielle took him to F2 after that astounding display of diplomacy was that she felt she had a better chance of winning against him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well, CEO I will admit I was surprised last night that Terry seemed to take it so well, and their style of handling Danielle was very different. In this instance, Terry may have been the more gracious one, I'll give you that. Not sure if it was because he suddenly had an epiphany and realized it was totally out of his hands, or if he was extremely confident in their alliance to the final two.
    I choose to believe that he finally got the honest edit. They couldn't subtract much in the editing room because there wasn't enough to subtract. What you see is a straight shooter who has trouble articulating himself.

Why do you think it is that EVERY member of the Casaya alliance that got a chance to know Terry away from camp, chose to change their allegiance (of course, right before being blindsided by their alliance anyway)? Because he is a straight shooter who has trouble selling it. When they get to know him and he doesn't have to 'sell it' anymore, he makes friends. That, however, is not much fun for reality television producers.

FORT Fogey
    Aras threatened her with the fact that he wouldn't vote for her if she didn't take her, and neither would Cirie most likely. I think that "threat" was a given, really, for either Terry or Aras. Terry did not vote for Danielle because she stabbed him in the back. Aras wouldn't have voted for her either.

I think the only reason Terry didn't put more pressure on Danielle was because he was so confident they had a pact and she would take him. She told him so on EI. His downfall was he trusted her, AGAIN, and she duped him, AGAIN.

I saw Aras tell her, flat out, that he wouldn't vote for her if she didn't take him, as her little nod at the IC basically told him it was alright, things were good. Now, if he misinterpreted that then that was his problem, but I don't think his "threatening" her was such a big deal. He didn't pull a Shane and tell her he would hunt her down after the show in her crappy little apartment!

The way I see it, Aras manipulated Danielle after her IC win to take him with her, it worked obviously, as he is now $1 million richer.

As I've said many times, neither Terry nor Aras were perfect gentlemen during this game, IMO, but I'd take Aras' behaviour any day over Terry's ego and self-entitlement. JMHO, though and of course many will disagree!
    And some will agree, like me!

Aras threatened her with the fact that he wouldn't vote for her if she didn't take her, and neither would Cirie most likely. I think that "threat" was a given, really, for either Terry or Aras. Terry did not vote for Danielle because she stabbed him in the back. Aras wouldn't have voted for her either.
    Cirie claimed she would have voted for Danielle and I don't see any reason not to believe her. She seems to be a pretty straight shooter and above the pettiness of the game.

So Aras wasn't threatening her with facts.

The threat is an interesting (but very, very bad) way to go. I don't recall anyone else doing that. But then Danielle is probably the weakest (emotionally) person to win final immunity so most easily swayed by an aggresive male.

I don't really think that Aras was 'threating' her, he was telling her how he would honestly react to her booting him...it is the exact same thing that he did at the beginning to Melinda & Cirie. While I hated it at first I now realize that is just his way of playing 'honestly' and that he probably doesn't know how it comes off.
    Danielle had to realize that whoever she didn't take to the F2 wouldn't vote for her, Terry didn't have to tell her that for her to figure that if she boots Terry she loses all three LaMina votes. I don't fault Aras for telling her how he'd vote, he won after-all so it couldn't have been that bad an idea.
    I wasn't much of a Terry fan at all this seaon so I was happy to see him miss out on the F2.

I am sorry Terry didn't win because I think he deserved it more than anyone else. After I found out he wasn't even in the final two (from the internet - I am in Hawaii and get the show really late), I didn't even tape it. Terry is a real man and very sexy. He rose to each challenge, winning most of them, even though he was always the odd man out. The others all acted like a super click never accepting him and always treating him rather badly. He handled it all with aplomb and never let it get to him. I never saw any chauvinism from him (while I did see some of it from Aras), and in fact I think he acted respectively toward the women. His decisions were well thought out even though he was far too trusting of Danielle, but he probably saw this as having little choice. He is a man and Aras is still a boy. Aras has a way to go to become the man Terry is.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I wasn't a big fan of Terry throughout the show, and I couldn't care less if he was nice, not nice..etc. What got ME to "hate" him was how his wife was laying in bed and said, "be gentle with me".
    Then, after coming back..the first thing Terry says is "how he didn't sleep", alluding to his big ole sexfest he and his wife had.
    How old are they? Do we realllllllly need to know any of this?? Why do I even have to think of Terry and his wife rollin' around, sweating on each other?

If (big if) I even remotely liked the guy prior to that episode, it was all lost after that.

So. I'm happy that Terry lost.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    If there is another All-Star, the bright side to Terry being brought back is he most likely won't make another merge. His challenge performance during this season will have made him a target to be an early ouster.

I'm so glad he didn't win. His ouster last night was loooong overdue and I don't think his challenge performance was reason enough for him to win even though he seemed to think so. Ask any Survivor contestant and I'm sure 90% of them will say the social aspect counts for more. Terry didn't do so hot in that department. Everyone may remember him when they think of Exile Island, but I'm in the process of trying to forget him. I'm just glad he wound up on a boring season rather than a good one.
    then why didnt cirie win?

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of Terry throughout the show, and I couldn't care less if he was nice, not nice..etc. What got ME to "hate" him was how his wife was laying in bed and said, "be gentle with me".
    Then, after coming back..the first thing Terry says is "how he didn't sleep", alluding to his big ole sexfest he and his wife had.
    How old are they? Do we realllllllly need to know any of this?? Why do I even have to think of Terry and his wife rollin' around, sweating on each other?

If (big if) I even remotely liked the guy prior to that episode, it was all lost after that.

So. I'm happy that Terry lost.
    See that is why it is so wonderful that we are all different and have such different opinions. I thought the whole scenario with his wife was cute and funny. If we all thought alike, the world would be sooooooo boring.

+ Reply to Thread