+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Quote Originally Posted by CharmmyKitty View Post
    Damn Terry! Damn him to hell! I hope he gets Colby-ed!!!!!
    ????????? What's that supposed to mean?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    I'm just sorry Terry made it as far as he did and I pity his poor wife. This man is so arrogant, obnoxious, and ridiculous. I can just see him driving his new SUV, leaning out the windows and yelling to all his neighbors, "look what I won on Survivor and I bet you couldn't even get on the show, if you tried!"

He's been the arrogant a$$ of the season, if you ask me. He's the kind of jerk who manages to bring out the nastiness in all of us, if you ask me, because we'd love to see him put in his place and it's just maddening that he goes on and on about how ethical he played and how he honored his word when, if you look back at the beginning, he didn't honor his word to Dan, he wanted to cut the women lose as quick as possible because they weren't good enough (so did we think for a minute he'd vote for Danielle in the F2?), and he treated people like crap but expected them to treat him like a King. I'm thankful this season is over so I don't have to see or hear this man ever again. Go home, you a$$ Terry, and wrestle crocs for a living. Maybe they'll be impressed by your toughness.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    And she did not intentionally stay with tribal lines, prhoshay. She didn't take Aras because he was a Casaya member. She took him despite the fact that he was a Casaya member.
    It doesn't matter whether she did it intentionally or not....She DID It!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    I'm just sorry Terry made it as far as he did and I pity his poor wife. This man is so arrogant, obnoxious, and ridiculous. I can just see him driving his new SUV, leaning out the windows and yelling to all his neighbors, "look what I won on Survivor and I bet you couldn't even get on the show, if you tried!"

He's been the arrogant a$$ of the season, if you ask me. He's the kind of jerk who manages to bring out the nastiness in all of us, if you ask me, because we'd love to see him put in his place and it's just maddening that he goes on and on about how ethical he played and how he honored his word when, if you look back at the beginning, he didn't honor his word to Dan, he wanted to cut the women lose as quick as possible because they weren't good enough (so did we think for a minute he'd vote for Danielle in the F2?), and he treated people like crap but expected them to treat him like a King. I'm thankful this season is over so I don't have to see or hear this man ever again. Go home, you a$$ Terry, and wrestle crocs for a living. Maybe they'll be impressed by your toughness.
    yeah, there were times during the show I really wanted to put a mirror up to his face and show him what tool he was, but at this date I don't think will make much of a diff.

Although, I do agree with what you say, I am getting tired of all the Terry lovers saying he was the best survivor, the strogest and deserved to win. the only one who deserves to win is the one in the F2 that gets the most votes. Terry did not do well in the OUTPLAY and OUTWIT department and you have to be able to use all 3 strategies to win, plain and simple. At this point in the series I don't hold anything against any of the winners except Vecepia. Even though Brian H from Thailand , I believe, was strong in the physical challenges he was also strong in the OUTWIT department and I would love to see him go head to head with Terry, the moral vs immoral. That would be fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CEO
    All you have to do is compare and contrast the way Aras handled Danielle with the way that Terry handled Danielle. The true colors of all were revealed -- for the good of Terry and the detriment of Aras. Terry may have had his moments during his Survivor adventure, but Aras was an absolute punk for threatening Danielle. Terry was a complete gentlement in his dealings with her. What say you haters to that?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    If there is another All-Star, the bright side to Terry being brought back is he most likely won't make another merge. His challenge performance during this season will have made him a target to be an early ouster.

I'm so glad he didn't win. His ouster last night was loooong overdue and I don't think his challenge performance was reason enough for him to win even though he seemed to think so. Ask any Survivor contestant and I'm sure 90% of them will say the social aspect counts for more. Terry didn't do so hot in that department. Everyone may remember him when they think of Exile Island, but I'm in the process of trying to forget him. I'm just glad he wound up on a boring season rather than a good one.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-15-2006 at 01:25 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    I admit that I'm a Terry fan too and don't understand where all the hate is coming from. He played well and was honest. He was up against a wall most of his time there and played with everything he had. I don't think either Danielle or Aras were in any way more deserving of winning than him and I agree with the previous poster who commented on how Terry and Aras dealt with Danielle that last day they were together. I was sorry that Aras's threats never came up at the final tribal council. I wonder if they would have changed things at all.

FORT Newbie
    Ah well another season of Survivor is passed. I am so disappointed that Terry wasn't in the final 2.

I know that Terry doesn't need any defending, but here goes:

Terry has been criticized for not playing the "social" aspect of the game, but we saw him making attempts to sway some members of Casaya to a new alliance. We all know it's editted. Maybe his attempts weren't so few or lame as they seemed.

And I don't know about you, but if I knew that I had to win those physical challenges for immunity each time or be voted off, that would definitely be where my concentration would be.

I wish that we knew a few more rules about the HII. From the looks of it, you couldn't just pass it to someone at tribal council. They had to be physically in possession of it when they got there. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have trusted Danielle not to run to Aras and Cirie and tell them she had it so let's vote out Terry. He had to keep it whether he needed it or not.

I am a Terry fan. I was hoping he could break the curse of Survivor. No, not the stupid car curse, but the "curse of the numbers" where one team goes to the merge with more numbers, and it's a done deal! The producers have been looking for a way to twist that out of Survivor for a few seasons now, but to no avail. I so wanted Terry to be able to single-handedly accomplish that.

And then, the final challenge. UGH!!! Why didn't the producers just say, this season has really been boring so to get some drama in here, we want a girl to win? You guys out there know what I'm talking about. You can't balance; your center of gravity is in the wrong place. It's the same reason you can't put a chair beside a wall, bend over, put your head against the wall, and try to pick up the chair. Center of gravity! Aras should have had a little chance, being a "yoga instructor" with the emphasis on balance, but Terry was doomed!

So congratz to Terry for being the "Survivor of the Season". You might not have won the million, but you made the show!

Aras threatened her with the fact that he wouldn't vote for her if she didn't take her, and neither would Cirie most likely. I think that "threat" was a given, really, for either Terry or Aras. Terry did not vote for Danielle because she stabbed him in the back. Aras wouldn't have voted for her either.

I think the only reason Terry didn't put more pressure on Danielle was because he was so confident they had a pact and she would take him. She told him so on EI. His downfall was he trusted her, AGAIN, and she duped him, AGAIN.

I saw Aras tell her, flat out, that he wouldn't vote for her if she didn't take him, as her little nod at the IC basically told him it was alright, things were good. Now, if he misinterpreted that then that was his problem, but I don't think his "threatening" her was such a big deal. He didn't pull a Shane and tell her he would hunt her down after the show in her crappy little apartment!

The way I see it, Aras manipulated Danielle after her IC win to take him with her, it worked obviously, as he is now $1 million richer.

As I've said many times, neither Terry nor Aras were perfect gentlemen during this game, IMO, but I'd take Aras' behaviour any day over Terry's ego and self-entitlement. JMHO, though and of course many will disagree!

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Aras threatened her with the fact that he wouldn't vote for her if she didn't take her, and neither would Cirie most likely. I think that "threat" was a given, really, for either Terry or Aras. Terry did not vote for Danielle because she stabbed him in the back. Aras wouldn't have voted for her either.
    that might very well be why he didn't vote for her, but Terry, the 'chauvenist' did not rub her face in it or attempt to use the power of his ego to influence her. Aras, the 'enlightedned one, did. Reminding Danielle what her decision should be was good survivor playing. I would have done it; but would at least one hater please acknowledge that 'Captain America' was the gracious one here. PLEASE!

+ Reply to Thread