+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

I hope that if Terry wins the RC he gives his spare immunity to Danielle...then by some crazy twist she ends up winning the last challenge and she doesn't take him to the final two...I would roll off my couch in laughter.
    Sorry Terry fans, but I have been waiting for his day to come.
    Unfortunately for me he is very determined and when he makes it to the F2 he will probably win it all.

Snoozin' on the beach
    It would be even funnier that she did it for nothing. By screwing Terry over she'll have placed the final nail in her coffin with jury votes. It would also be funny if Danielle knocked out Terry and went on to beat Aras in the jury. It's been all Aras and Terry for so long with Danielle as a lazy blip on the screen. It would be a kick in the butt if she swooped in and won it all. I don't see her wining squat with the jury though or completely killing her chances at the money by screwing Terry over either.

FORT Newbie
    I would LOVE to see Terry taking Danielle to final two and then loosing to her.
    Bruce, Aras, Cirie and Austin or Shane will vote for her and we have 4-3 or 5-2

I would just love to see Terry make it to the final two. It doesn't matter to me personally if he wins or loses, but I like to root for the underdog. It seems crazy to think of a navy fighter pilot, who has won all of the II's as the underdog, but he has been fighting the biggest uphill battle I can remember in Survivor history.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post
    I hope that if Terry wins the RC he gives his spare immunity to Danielle...
    So far Terry has shown us nothing that would lead us to believe he would relinquish the HII after the RC. He may well give Danielle the HII after winning the II, but there's no reason to believe he'd do it beforehand.

NOW... if he wins RC and can take someone with him, my guess is he'll take Danni, but no way he'll give her the HII at that point.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey
    I haven't seen anything about Terry that would make me think any of the Casaya on the jury would vote for him. Other than Courtney, none of them were even willing to entertain an alliance with him, he was obnoxious in victory over ALL the casaya in each IC and the only reason he never had to vote against any of them is because he wasn't really a factor in the game. His immunity kept him in as a contestant, but not as a player. He showed up for IC and won, but he did nothing to try to form relationships and his awkward attempt at trying to bring people into an alliance were embarassing.

Other than Austin and Sally, I really can't see Terry getting anyone else's vote. Not even Bruce's and not with the Casaya members left, who one way or the other, seemed to have built relationships with just about all Casaya members and seem to be either liked or respected by just about all their former tribemates.

FORT Newbie
    WHY would Casaya jury members not vote for Terry?? How could anyong logically say Terry hasn't by far played this game the best. He has never lost. Hes 100% the best player out there, for him to lose would be BS, and only because of personal dislike and jealousy that the Casaya people could not beat him. All they had to do was beat him at any immunity challenges, but nope, they didn't. I don't like that fact that the final comes down to a vote when one player was clearly the best out there.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rag133 View Post
    WHY would Casaya jury members not vote for Terry?? How could anyong logically say Terry hasn't by far played this game the best. He has never lost. Hes 100% the best player out there, for him to lose would be BS, and only because of personal dislike and jealousy that the Casaya people could not beat him. All they had to do was beat him at any immunity challenges, but nope, they didn't. I don't like that fact that the final comes down to a vote when one player was clearly the best out there.
    The best what? If the game was only about being the best at challenges, then the rules would be the last person in each challenge was eliminated and there would be no outwitting to the game. Thankfully, that's not the way it is. Terry has outplayed in the challenges, but that doesn't mean he will outlast. And he definitely hasn't done anything to outwit. At this point, I think Terry has been too busy thinking that being the physically dominate player entitles him to a win, but that's not the way the game is played. And I'm not so sure Aras hasn't been playing a smart strategy game where he gives Terry some competition, enough to make the others want him to stick around as the only threat to Terry, but not enough effort to win challenges when his alliance was strong and, thus, eliminating the real focus of the tribe - the elimination of Terry.

Snoozin' on the beach
    His attempts at an alliance/strategy were akward but at least he made an attempt. Aras, Danielle, Shane and Courtney's attempts haven't been awkward at all because they have made no attempts, only Cirie has. The simple truth is, no matter how he worded it or what he offered, no deal was going to happen-for Terry or even the other La Mina. La Mina had zilch to offer any Casaya member that was better than what they had by sticking together. They had the numbers and by sticking with the status quo, would get farther. Sally said in interview that right after they merged she went to Casaya and said "I'm not with these guys, i'll vote with you" and was told no thanks, we have the numbers allready, we don't need you.She wroked it and got nowhere.

Except for Cirie, there is no reason to give any of the other Casaya vote that isn't entirely emotional (you didn't screw me over, you get my vote). What did Courtney do that was strategic? Shane? Danielle? She got Bobby out so she gets one move. Aras? He set Cirie up for the rope chop so he gets one move. Other than that, there is no gameplay or strategy from any of them. They have nothing to lord over Terry in that department.

The only thing I see Casaya lording over Terry is their numbers, where they made it pretty clear that he would be gone if he lost. Why wouldn't they do that? It would have been better to 'make friends' with Terry, falsely include him, and then pull the rug out from under him? Sure, Casaya have been arrogent, but Terry seems more arrogent by far. I really want to like the 'idea' of Terry, this older guy who turns everything upside down by refusing to lose in the immunity challenges, who surprises everyone by sticking around when he should have been long gone according to the numbers. Good for him. What I haven't been able to like or get behind is his arrogence and his condescention. Is he entitled to them? Probably, but I think I would have liked him a lot better and been a big cheerleader for him if he had managed to keep his trap shut more, and not made it seem as if he is God's gift to the game.

I do agree Terry tried to change the game up by getting some of the Casaya's on his side, but his attempts were laughable at times, particularly his generous offer to Cirie to basically put her in the same spot she was in at the time, only ticking off her entire tribe in the process. Huh?

Sure, Terry has been an immunity monster, but as Melsevene said above, the game is about more than the physical challenges. Like it or not, you DO have to consider, as Aras said in the last TC, the relationships in the game. If Terry had thought of this, and had tempered his constant wins to a certain extent with a mellower, less arrogent, attitude, he might be in a better position if he makes it to the final two.

Shane's "Shuddduppp!!" when Terry celebrated his last IC win said it all to me. They are sick of him winning, sick of him period. I'd be surprised if he won the million, frankly. Then again, stranger things have happened.

+ Reply to Thread