+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    Jenna Morasca, Amazon comes to mind. I think Hatch and Brian H. also but I'm not sure off the top of my head.
    True. I guess I never think about Hatch and Brian because they played the best game, though Kelly's vote seemed to be tainted by two of the guys in the jury (both Sean and Greg said that they couldn't stand losing to a girl that was younger than them). While I wasn't surprised by Jenna winning, I'm still floored to this day that she won by such a landslide. I never would have thought Christy would have voted for her, and slightly surprised Deena and Rob did.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Why does Casaya think their problems are solved if they get the idol out of play? Aren't they forgetting they still have to keep him from winning another immunity, with less people competing against him each round?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    That's if they know for sure who Terry is voting for.
    It doesn't matter who Terry votes for. He has one vote. They have 6 votes to divide. 4 will go to Terry, 2 to the one who will be booted. Terry's vote will either be for the one they choose or not. Doesn't matter. When the votes are read: Terry 4, Courtney or whoever 2, Aras or whoever 1.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    It doesn't matter who Terry votes for. He has one vote. They have 6 votes to divide. 4 will go to Terry, 2 to the one who will be booted. Terry's vote will either be for the one they choose or not. Doesn't matter. When the votes are read: Terry 4, Courtney or whoever 2, Aras or whoever 1.
    You're right. That logic makes sense and is better than mine.

If I was him..I'd be so happy that they sent me to Exile Island. Get me awayyyyy from you bickering kids.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    If I was him..I'd be so happy that they sent me to Exile Island. Get me awayyyyy from you bickering kids.
    As far as i'm concerned the rest of the tribe besides Terry are a bunch of a holes. Especially Shane. I dont consider Bruce an a hole but Courtney, Aras, Cirie and Danielle are all jerks but not as bad as Shane. I'll be happy when he gets the boot

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    My last thought on the subject. I still don't see why Terry is so deserving of the former Casaya's vote over the next guy/girl sitting next to him. Shady64, I get the point you're making about Shane and the two girls. I get why Casaya would be viewed as petty and spiteful (sort of). But I don't see why everyone thinks they're going to feel betrayed but vote for the person who voted them out over Terry who didn't do anything to them. I think that'd be a Survivor first for jurors to vote for the person that double crossed (outwitted) them. Besides, Terry will have some sort of hand in voting someone off. I also don't see how Terry being arrogant over his immunity wins and letting Casaya know he's here to stay is any different than them rubbing it in his face that he's gone the first chance they get. He may not show it the same way but arrogance is arrogance, and they both feel they have the right. But I guess when you like someone (or don't) they don't come across in the same light
    I think he could possibly sway Bruce to vote for him if he is in the finals. That would mean that right now Terry has 3 votes on the jury. If he wins the next immunity challenge and it gets ugly with all the infighting and Danielle gets voted out he might get her vote too. That's the only way right now I see him winning 4-3. Although if bitter Shane gets on the jury no one is assured of his vote so he could break a 3-3 tie as well.

I love that Terry has made it this far. He's my favorite, easily. (Although let's face it Aras is beyond hot.)

So, Terry in the top 6...
    All he needs to do is win 1 other immunity, and his chance of winning the game is pretty solid, because the others will have to RE-act (and adjust) each week, instead of PLAN.

With 1 more victory, Terry takes command.

I think this is fitting because he's worthy of it.
    Plus, now that I've heard he's a top gun, how can I NOT root for him?
    Go Terry!

He needs to take either Shane or Courtney with him. And what's with continuing to send Terry to Exile Island? How stupid is it to send your enemy to a place to rest, while you stay in poison-land and worsen your own position? My reasoning skills aren't great, but I see no logic in the way the others are playing.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 04-22-2006 at 05:18 PM.

FORT Fogey
    A lot of Terry fans, I see. I am not a fan. I find no joy or interest in seeing him sweep the challenges. It is dull for me. There is little hope that things will change. I think his fans are going to be pleased that he walks right to the end. Not sure if he will win but he will make F2.

Respectfully, if he makes it to the end, it certainly won't be by "walking"...

He has to work HARDER than everyone else to get to the end. If he gets there, he EARNED it. Every bit of it.

(Unless you think the producers are cheating for him, giving him headstarts in the challenges, pointing out where the idol was hidden, giving him steroids when the cameras are off, etc.)

No, I think most of Terry's fans are please with his DRIVE and his EFFORT, not some supposed "walking". In fact, I don't think a single contestant in the game would accuse him of cake-walking through it. That's absurd.

The one thing I see coming is a string of challenges that aren't athletic. The producers are definitely going to make it an uphill battle for Terry to win; otherwise they'll lose ratings because of predictability.

I love that a TRUE survivor is on top right now.
    I hate that he has not only the other team--but also the producers--to battle against.
    I love that he knows this and is STILL driven to win, in spite of it!

There are only 4 more challenges. Terry needs to win 3. His time on exile island is giving him the strength and serenity he needs to keep his determination and focus. I don't think we'll ever see an exile island season again, because it's having the opposite effect (a strengthening) rather than what the producers intended (a haunting isolation).

+ Reply to Thread