+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane: Exile Island

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I smell a Republican!
    Hey, I happen to be a Republican (and proud of it ) Onto Shane, hopefully he's an early boot (like the first one), because I agree with everyone saying he's going to act like an obnoxious smartass. I'm sure he thinks he'll be the Rob C. or Fairplay of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hey, I happen to be a Republican (and proud of it )
    Oh don't get me wrong, I love Republicans. But I'm pretty sure the CBS producers try to pick contestants from different political backgrounds, religious backgrounds, etc. to hopefully create some fireworks on Survivor. (And also on Big Brother.) I'm sensing that Aras is at the opposite end of the political spectrum from Shane. Although I don't really remember seeing any political-type squabbling on Survivor. It's more likely to occur on Big Brother.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Although I don't really remember seeing any political-type squabbling on Survivor.
    Survivor 3 - Africa - Frank and Brandon.

Scents: Coffee, girls that get the perfume right, muggy days

Oh, the alpha females are gonna love him.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Snoozin' on the beach
    He named his son "Boston"? The poor kid must get his chops busted with a name like Boston Powers and the "yeah baby, shagadelic" and Dr. Evil" comments that must follow.

This guy really seems like a huge a$$
    Last edited by Shady64; 01-13-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Oh don't get me wrong, I love Republicans. But I'm pretty sure the CBS producers try to pick contestants from different political backgrounds, religious backgrounds, etc. to hopefully create some fireworks on Survivor. (And also on Big Brother.) I'm sensing that Aras is at the opposite end of the political spectrum from Shane. Although I don't really remember seeing any political-type squabbling on Survivor. It's more likely to occur on Big Brother.
    Oh I know you were teasing. Personally, I hope they leave the politics at home. One reason I quit watching awards show was I was tired of seeing celebs turn it into their platform, whatever it may be. I know that politics can add a dynamic and dysfunction to the game, but I think it'll be the same old bickering we've seen before. I can see Shane being outspoken and overconfident and the alpha male that everyone hates, so I'm sure whatever his politics and whether he chooses to bring them into the game probably won't make a difference. It'll just add fuel to the fire.
    Last edited by karalott; 01-13-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Premium Member
    Well, I was excited at first to see that there was someone from Omaha but after reading his bio I'm kind of going People make fun of us enough without casting some arrogant tool in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by vondl0
    Shane Powers was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. After finishing high school, Powers moved to Los Angeles ................so he had a better chance of a successful murder spree!! Can anyone say Charles Manson...........gah!
    Sounds like Charles Starkweather, not Manson. Lets keep our Nebraska mass murderers straight here...

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I smell a Republican!
    What? Do we stink, Q?

In the voiceover on CBS's video, they called Shane a Colin Farrell lookalike. Someone help me, because I'm not seeing it.

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    In the voiceover on CBS's video, they called Shane a Colin Farrell lookalike. Someone help me, because I'm not seeing it.
    Whaaaa??? Did he provide that moniker or something? I don't even like what Colin Farrell looks like, but this guy looks *nothing* like him.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Ahahahahahahha! A Colin Farrell look-alike? That is truly hilarious, and very very WRONG!

I just think this guy looks smarmy.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread