+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 211

Thread: Shane: Exile Island

  1. #161
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,876
    Ya know, Rainbow Rowell.. I'd betcha a thousand bucks that if you went to every "viewing party" for every contestant in the history of Survivor.. you'd enjoy it & have a blast.
    Also, you'd find someone, or all of them, saying "if only you all know how so 'n so acts.. you'd like him/her too".

    That article is really. Umm. Boring. What's the whole reason to even write it?
    I get more useful and/or fun information by reading this thread, here at the Fort.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  2. #162
    Artificial Flave Xantham Gum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    364
    Thanks Waywrd!

  3. #163
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,876
    Oh yes..thanks wayward!
    I wasn't knocking you for posting that article, I just didn't understand what the author wanted to "give to the readers".. I think she just wanted everyone to know that she was at a Shane party.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  4. #164
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,258
    What I wanted to know was Boston's reaction to his dad's over the top comments about the video and to the getting naked scene. Given how sensitive teens usually are about their embarrassing parents. On the other hand, he's probably had plenty of practice.
    Maybe the writer was giving the poor kid more privacy than his dad does.

  5. #165
    It's almost Spring! redjdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Oh yes..thanks wayward!
    I wasn't knocking you for posting that article, I just didn't understand what the author wanted to "give to the readers".. I think she just wanted everyone to know that she was at a Shane party.
    Actually I was the one who posted the article. And I really didn't post it because it was interesting. Just because it was about Shane. AND
    I wanted to know what his "entertainment marketing business" was? My mind went to the gutter at first.
    I wonder if Boston didn't have a reaction or perhaps like PWS said she was giving the kid some privacy. I also wonder if Rainbow Rowell thought she would have access to Shane & others up until she got to the party?
    I wish I knew how to describe the type of columns she usually writes-public/human interest. Sometimes they are very good other times they just fall flat.

  6. #166
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    Thanks for posting that article, redjvd.

  7. #167
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,876
    Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    Actually I was the one who posted the article. And I really didn't post it because it was interesting. Just because it was about Shane. AND
    I wanted to know what his "entertainment marketing business" was? My mind went to the gutter at first.
    I wonder if Boston didn't have a reaction or perhaps like PWS said she was giving the kid some privacy. I also wonder if Rainbow Rowell thought she would have access to Shane & others up until she got to the party?
    I wish I knew how to describe the type of columns she usually writes-public/human interest. Sometimes they are very good other times they just fall flat.
    Thanks redjdv!
    Yea, I bet she was thinking she was going to get "time with him", as in.. an interview.
    I wonder why nobody was allowed around him anyway? It's not as if he's going to give away who the winner is..because, HE doesn't even know. Don't the contestants find out at the same time (live show) we (viewers) do?
    Also, why can't he talk to people and do interviews about episodes already aired?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  8. #168
    It's almost Spring! redjdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Thanks redjdv!
    Yea, I bet she was thinking she was going to get "time with him", as in.. an interview.
    I wonder why nobody was allowed around him anyway? It's not as if he's going to give away who the winner is..because, HE doesn't even know. Don't the contestants find out at the same time (live show) we (viewers) do?
    Also, why can't he talk to people and do interviews about episodes already aired?
    I suppose CBS Morning show get the first crack at the interview after that person is voted off.
    However, I couldn't understand why she couldn't talk to his mom or other family.

  9. #169
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    I can't stand this guy!!! He is DISGUSTING!!! He is such a cartoon, a caricature of a white trash degenerate that you see in a bar with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, a drink in one hand, and his other hand rubbing his stomach under his shirt. They were really digging the bottom of the rotten apple barrel when they found this guy. I couldn't stand the guy whose "dead" grandma got him sympathy from his cast-away mates, but Shane makes him seem somewhat normal. Shane makes my skin crawl. Ewww!

  10. #170
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I can't stand this guy!!! He is DISGUSTING!!! He is such a cartoon, a caricature of a white trash degenerate that you see in a bar with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, a drink in one hand, and his other hand rubbing his stomach under his shirt. They were really digging the bottom of the rotten apple barrel when they found this guy. I couldn't stand the guy whose "dead" grandma got him sympathy from his cast-away mates, but Shane makes him seem somewhat normal. Shane makes my skin crawl. Ewww!

    And yet, I'm drawn to him every week...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.