+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane: Exile Island

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    If he smokes as much as he says, does anyone remember how he did in the swimming/diving competition? We've got to pay more attention to that. He should have lung capacity problems...endurance problems.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Jeff made snarky comments about how "ineffectual" Shane was in the last immunity challenge.

But, the worst thing is that I was thinking that "Boston" was a cute name for his son. Well, Shane's last name is "Powers". So the kid is "Boston Powers"?!? Can we all say "Hey, Baby"?

What a cruel thing to do to a kid!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Now, I don't know about you, but I think I'd rather be named Boston than Apple!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    For some reason... there is something fishy about his Ostenizing crap he was pulling.
    Out of work actor seeking exposure. What better way to get the camera focused on him than creating fake drama? It almost feels like MB recruited him from a 3rd rate talent agency, specifically for this purpose--to boost ratings. Shane would never object to being a "plant" of sorts. He gets tons of face time and exposure for an out of work actor. It's a win-win for both of them.

I think he's doing alot of things that seem very fishy just to get the camera on him

See..now that makes sense.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

There's a long history of throwing in people for their pure "Entertainment Value".
    JFP, Wanda...

And it does make the show more fun.
    I dont doubt the guy is really suffering out there. Even without the cig withdrawals, it looks rather miserable and rough. And sure, he's playing up to the camera a bit, coming up with funny dramaqueen lines. But that's better than being silent and boring.

This guy is an obnoxious, weak, whiny individual who I'd boot to the curb in a minute. Not only does his whining get on my nerves, his negativism must really annoy his teammates. I will clap with joy when he's gone.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    A little quirk of mine: His fingernails really bother me.

Uh..yeah.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo View Post
    A little quirk of mine: His fingernails really bother me.
    Fingernails don't bother me. What looks really stupid is the hide-the-receeding-hairline look by growing the rest of the hair really long...it hides nothing and looks greasy and lice infested.

It's hard to pick just one area with this guy. He looks like a such a scumbag, head to toe

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by emjoi View Post
    There's a long history of throwing in people for their pure "Entertainment Value".
    JFP, Wanda...
    But there's a difference between the likes of JFP, Shane and people like Wanda and Judd. Wanda was loopy and Judd was a hypocritical hothead. Their personalities created the drama and entertainment all on their own. Judd didn't act like an ass because camera time would help him up the ladder as a doorman or Wanda either. Have the producers gotten so lazy that they couldn't be bothered figuring out who's gonna be entertaining so they cast someone that provides entertainment for a living just to make sure? Seems like it

Whether JFP was trying to win or not, he was also trying to kickstart a career in Wrestling. He established his bad guy "character" by creating fake drama on Survivor. 20 million viewing audience knew who he was, thanks to his drama on Survivor. I'd say the same of Shane. Any kind of drama, fake or otherwise is a stepping stone that can only help his acting career. An opportunity for exposure he's going to capitalize on. Of course he's gonna play for the cameras and fake it.

Why bother casting real people? Just get out of work actors and they'll make all the entertainment they need. Same as a Sitcom
    Last edited by Shady64; 02-14-2006 at 12:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread