+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruth Marie: Exile Island

Ruth Marie: Exile Island

From the official site:
    Ruth Marie Milliman was born and raised in Anderson, South Carolina, where she enjoyed athletics and was actively involved in Little Theater and competitive ballroom dancing, along with singing in pageants and weddings. She graduated from T.L. Hanna High School.

In 1975, Milliman was crowned Miss Teenage Greenville and participated in Miss Teenage America. She then attended the University of South Carolina, where she eventually received a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice. While in college, she was a member of the Chi Omega sorority and was a cheerleader (she was head cheerleader for the squad in 1979). She also worked as a page for the South Carolina House of Representatives.

During her college years, Milliman was crowned the 1978 South Carolina Watermelon Queen and the 1979 Miss Cayce West Columbia. She attended the Miss South Carolina Pageant, in which she was voted Miss Photogenic by the press.

After graduating college, Milliman was hired by Eastern Airlines as a flight attendant. In 1981, she was appointed First Female Narcotics agent with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Agency and attended the South Carolina Police Academy.

For the past 19 years, Milliman has been involved with and employed in shopping center development. She is currently the Director of Retail Leasing for Centennial American Properties in Greenville, South Carolina.

Milliman has been running competitively since 1992 and holds many road race records in South Carolina. In 2001, she was awarded the YWCA Women in Sports Award. In 2003, she participated in the Marathon Des Sables, a race often called "the toughest footrace on the planet." The competition entails a seven day, 152-mile stage race. She finished second out of 59 women and placed 100th overall out of 677 runners. She was featured in an Emmy-nominated ESPN special about the race, titled "Foot Race Across the Sand."

Milliman is an active member of the PTA for Greenville High School and is a member of the Greenville High Booster Club. She was head coach for the Greenville Track Club Junior Olympic Youth Program for four years. She is also a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church.

Milliman is the proud mother of two teenage children, Anna, 15, and Max, 17. She currently resides in Greenville, South Carolina. Her birth date is April 11, 1957.
    Favourites:

Colors Pink & blue
    Scents Honeysuckle
    Flowers Magnolia
    Board Games Candy Land
    Video Games No favorite
    Sports to Play Running, basketball, soccer
    Sports Teams U South Carolina Gamecocks, Greenville High School Red Raiders
    Outdoor Activities Running, swimming, water skiing
    TV Shows SURVIVOR, CSI, Sex & the City
    Movies Notting Hill, Gone with the Wind
    Actors Tom Selleck, Tommy Lee Jones
    Actresses Meg Ryan, Sarah Jessica Parker
    Music All types, Elvis Presley
    Magazines Runner's World, Running Times, People
    Books/Authors It's Not About the Bike (Lance Armstrong)
    Cereals All
    Fruits Watermelon
    Snack Foods Trail mix, almonds, energy bars
    Cookies Peanut butter
    Candy Bars Zero bars
    Alcoholic Drinks Champagne
    Non-Alcoholic Water, Cytomax, Tang

She looks like she's still trying to be Miss Teen USA and head cheerleader.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    From flight attendent ...........to Narc officer. Now that's a reallllly strange transition.

Oh, and who DOESN'T wanna be a Watermelon Queen?? {snicker}

I'm not liking this one. Early boot.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

OMG, her favorite board game is Candyland? I am not liking the Pippi Longstocking hair. Please let her go early.

Another one from my state...yes, we actually have Watermelon Queens and a parade to go with it.

I'll give her this, she looks good for 48.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

She does have the potential to be very annoying, but I have to hand it to her, doing the Marathon des Sables… tough lady.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    OMG, her favorite board game is Candyland? .
    Candyland as a favorite game stood out for me too! I don't know about this one; she has to be very athletic, but I also get a kind of boring vibe here too; all the other favorite stuff sounds so run-of-the-mill.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Some of these pictures like Ruth Marie's strike me as if they were taken AFTER the upcoming season.

She looks like she's been staked on a beach for weathering purposes, and the word scrawny comes to mind.

Hers definitely looks more like an 'After' than 'Before' shot to me.

FORT Fogey
    A 50 year old cheerleader? Great.

I see her going far.

Ugh...I get a highly annoying vibe from her. I hope she's a (very) early boot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast