+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Dan: Exile Island

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Didn't Dan and Terry ally shortly after getting to their camp, when they both confessed what they did in "real life"?
    Yup. They figured out they had a lot in common and made a pact so to speak. Didn't matter to Terry though obviously.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Snoozin' on the beach
    Someone had to go. It keeps Terry in the game and he didn't have to use the II, now he can use it when he really, really needs it. People make deals all the time and break them on this show, it's nothing new.

Tough for Dan that Terry wasn't going to put himself in a bad position. From all the interviews, Dan was in it for the experience, not to win. He's an idiot to expect others don't wants to win just because he is there to make friends. Pretty niave to think a handshake deal or an alliance means anything when the prize is $1 mil and it's not in someone elses best interest to keep it. Terry did what he had to do. I don't think it's going to hurt him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think Dan lives his life believing that a man's word is his bond...very honorable, but not of much value in Survivor. That's why Dan guaranteed Ruth Marie that she'd be safe when she got the axe; that's why Dan looked so bewildered. Poor Dan.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Dan's annoyance knows no bounds. I can't stand him. He is so passive aggresive I just want to smack him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    Someone had to go. It keeps Terry in the game and he didn't have to use the II, now he can use it when he really, really needs it. People make deals all the time and break them on this show, it's nothing new.

Tough for Dan that Terry wasn't going to put himself in a bad position. From all the interviews, Dan was in it for the experience, not to win. He's an idiot to expect others don't wants to win just because he is there to make friends. Pretty niave to think a handshake deal or an alliance means anything when the prize is $1 mil and it's not in someone elses best interest to keep it. Terry did what he had to do. I don't think it's going to hurt him.
    Let me echo some of the above comments on that. While it's always nice to see a person go on one of these shows for the experience and enjoy it, enough with that being the only reason. Bring in the people who are willing to play and do what they have to do to stay in it, not just sit around like a bump on a log and accept it. Or give their word, get into an alliance, and turn into a sheep and just let someone play the game for them (it used to seem smart strategy to fly UTR and let someone do your dirty work for you, especially if you wound up in the final 2. After seeing that in so many recent seasons... ) Dan should have been gone a long time ago. Who cares if he may have worked around camp a little more than everyone else. Sure he would have stayed loyal-that's all he had going for him and he knew it. He wasn't an assett in the challenges and if they hadn't alienated Sally there's a good chance she would have stayed loyal to them, too. I'm glad Sally went to Exile because they would have been crazy to get rid of her over Dan.

You know, if the pre-jury boots were actually on the jury it might be kind of hostile this year. With the exception of Misty, no one has seemed happy with their boot. Sure, what else is new, of course they're not happy to have been booted off but everyone just seems more bitter this season than in others.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Dan is on a local radio station here in Los Angeles talking about Ruth Marie had approached him prior to tribal council when she was voted off and told him that Terry had the idol. Then Terry said, let's all take our satchels with us to tribal council just in case and Dan knew instantly.
    This answers a lot of questions about what they do with the idol once they find it...do the cameramen keep it til needed or what.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    This answers a lot of questions about what they do with the idol once they find it...do the cameramen keep it til needed or what.
    Not sure if the cameramen keep it or if it's in Terry's pocket. Apparently Ruth Marie made a statment to that effect that it's in his pocket and then in the satchel when going to tribal council.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'd like to see the "pre-jury bootees" included on the jury, just to see how it would affect everything. Wish they had done that from the beginning and then decided to cut it back, if necessary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'd like to see the "pre-jury bootees" included on the jury, just to see how it would affect everything. Wish they had done that from the beginning and then decided to cut it back, if necessary.
    That would be quite the twist in the future...now that everyone "knows" that those early boots can be treated brutally because they don't vote...let them be on the jury--surprise! Maybe with only half a vote each or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678