+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dan: Exile Island

Snoozin' on the beach
    Dan was a decent guy but this is Survivor. He wasn't in it to win, but the others are. I don't blame Terry in the least for voting him out, it's part of the game. Terry did what he had to do to get further in the game and went about it better than anyone ever has in this game

I agree that it was weak of Dan to not put up a fight to stay in. Never, ever give up. It just goes to show who wants it more. Sally wasn't conniving the week before but she really worked it more than RM and saved herself. Dan needed to do that, or at least bust a gut trying.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Wow, after watching Survivor live, I kind of dislike Dan..a lot. He keeps saying "This is a game, that's how it is.." yadda yadda, but he is acting like such a child that Terry voted him out. He really tried to push that "holier-than-thou" attitude, especially when talking about Terry (re: "That was a bad move strategy wise and integrity wise" (or something like that)).

Grow up a little and stop being such a sore loser. It's a game and you sucked at it, and Terry is clearly a better player who can make the hard decisions, but not be an asshole about it (a la Shane).

Snoozin' on the beach
    I didn't see SL yet OrangeDingo but I read a couple interviews so far. I was surprised at what Dan had to say about Terry. Just because Dan thinks it was not good strategy to get rid of him, doesn't mean it wasn't. He said he gave Terry more credit for being a strategic player than he is. Sounded like sour grapes to me, just not as severe as many of the others.

I think Terry is going to be in the game for the long haul and booting Dan, RM or anyone else won't turn out to be a blunder for him. He's got his ace in the hole with the II. If Dan didn't want to go home, he should have fought harder to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    Dan was a decent guy but this is Survivor. He wasn't in it to win, but the others are. I don't blame Terry in the least for voting him out, it's part of the game. Terry did what he had to do to get further in the game and went about it better than anyone ever has in this game

I agree that it was weak of Dan to not put up a fight to stay in. Never, ever give up. It just goes to show who wants it more. Sally wasn't conniving the week before but she really worked it more than RM and saved herself. Dan needed to do that, or at least bust a gut trying.
    That's basically what I said. It's a shame that he was on the show, when he wasn't really trying that hard to win or save himself, when someone else could have been there who would play with everything they've got. It looked like he had given up. I think he thought he was going to go farther by being loyal and nice. But sometimes you have to do more than that to do well in this thing.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    I think he thought he was going to go farther by being loyal and nice. But sometimes you have to do more than that to do well in this thing.
    Loyal and Nice always takes you to about the middle of the saeson and sometimes, it will get you on the Jury; but thats about it. Aren't we pretty much in the middle?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Now, I think Dan is correct and that Terry made a bad mistake strategy (and integrity wise too - remember Stephanie? Dumping people that she'd committed to left & right? Then blown out of the water at finale?). Strategy wise, RM would have stayed with Terry, as would Dan. Sally is going to flip the first chance she gets and so will Austin with Nick not far behind. Terry will be the first to go once the hit the merge.

I think Dan is smart and a good guy - if his team had won a few more challenges up to this point, he'd have gone a lot farther.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Snoozin' on the beach
    The difference for Terry is, Dan can't blow him out of the water at the end. Dan's role is over, he's not a jury member. Terry also has the II up his sleeve. They'll have to make him waste it in order to try and get him out the next time. Getting him to waste it so it's not in play anymore is one thing...knowing that the person with the next highest amount of votes is the one to go changes things. Who wants to chance being that person,? Just pick another target, keeping Terry safe keeps themselves safe. Terry could also go on an immunity run. It's not a stretch at all to think it will happen judging from the way he has really performed so far.

There's alot of goony birds on Casaya that make no secrets about how they feel about each other. I can't imagine them banding together to get Terry out, they are split too many ways and are easily distracted from sticking to a boot. Not the brightest group. I think Terry's gonna do just fine once the merge hits

Dan probably thought the 'strategic error' was not siding with him and making a harder pitch to try to keep him. He really thought it was going to be the older guys vs. the younger guys.

I'm glad he's gone. I thought he completely overestimated his value in the game. Also, I would have gone mad had he said, '2 V 2' one more time.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Dan is on a local radio station here in Los Angeles talking about Ruth Marie had approached him prior to tribal council when she was voted off and told him that Terry had the idol. Then Terry said, let's all take our satchels with us to tribal council just in case and Dan knew instantly.
    Also he stated he really tried to convince Terry that he was the only one who would stay loyal to him until the end after the merge. So we didn't really get to see the whole thing. We basically saw him just giving in to the idea.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Didn't Dan and Terry ally shortly after getting to their camp, when they both confessed what they did in "real life"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast