+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dan: Exile Island

Dan seems like a nice enough person, but I don't think he'll get much farther. He seems to be more concerned with playing nicely and making friends than he seems to be with actually doing well in this thing. I think that if La Mina loses another immunity challenge, Sally might be able to persuade Austin, Nick, and possibly Terry, to vote Dan off instead of her. He doesn't seem to be strong in challenges at all. JMO.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I liked Dan, and its too bad that another person off LaMina had to go. I am happy that they sent Sally to Exile Island, but it almost made me cry when they were discussing Dan going home, almost, but the glare of the sun bouncing off Dan's bright white flesh burned my retinas beyond the point of tears.
    But I will miss Dan, I don't think that I have ever seen a TC were everyone was so nice to each other, even the boot-ie seemed in better spirits than I would have expected.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm glad that Dan realized and acknowledged that Terry did not do the right thing, as far as their alliance went.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.
    Terry was more concerned about making sure he didn't end up going home in a 4-way tie breaker (picking the purple stone like Pascal) than he was about honoring his alliance with Dan. Too bad for Dan. He seems like a decent guy, but not really cut-throat enough for Survivor. Not that that is a bad thing to be in life. . . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Eh, this isn't Survivor-friendship Exile Island.. so, the way he went out wasn't cool IMO.
    It's Survivor, you try to the bitter end to survive. Start talking, start something, get the guys to turn on each other. For Dan to just accept that they're going to vote him out was really annoying to me.
    I thought.. he should get the two guys to flip their votes and vote Terry off (they don't know he has the idol, but what a perfect opportunity to find out).
    "Keep me around for another THREE measly days and boot Terry out tonight..by doing that, both of you are assuring yourself more time on the island. Vote me out at next vote-off..I'll understand and expect it. With that, you're both getting rid of the biggest threat, Terry."

It would get those two thinking and possibly flipping. If not, OH WELL.. at least you didn't lie down like a sleepy puppy and accept defeat.

Eh, none of this matters now. Everyone is already "accepting" Terry as being the winner, or in the least..final 3. Which irritates me.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I thought it was kind of weak of Dan to just accept that he was going home like that, and not really try to do anything about it. In episode 4, when Sally knew she was the next to go, so she talked to the other members of the tribe and persuaded them to vote for Ruth Marie instead, and that was what saved her. Dan could have at least tried to get someone on his side to force a 2-2 tie. Then he'd have a 50-50 chance of still staying. And Dan was really bugging me after the challenge when he went on and on and on about the puzzle and how he didn't know why he couldn't solve it and everything...it just really irritated me.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Wow, here I was thinking that Dan showed a lot of class. Terry broke their alliance and gave him the boot. Dan had already been faithful to his vow with Ruth Marie, so I don't think he would have felt right about breaking his vow with Terry and trying to get the other boys to vote Terry out.

And, Dan didn't get all snarky when he was leaving (i.e. Judd)
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by newsjunkie28 View Post
    I know Dan and just want to say that he is REALLY smart but he doesn't make you feel dumb at all. I also truly believe that he is in this more for the adventure than for the money. Really nice guy and is playing the game with morals. Probably won't take him to the final two but it is nice to see!
    to FORT, newsjunkie28! Dan does seem like a really nice guy--glad to hear it's not just editing. I liked his family shot, too. But tell us, is he really that white? And why? After all the sun out there--surely they don't give them THAT much sunscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    to FORT, newsjunkie28! Dan does seem like a really nice guy--glad to hear it's not just editing. I liked his family shot, too. But tell us, is he really that white? And why? After all the sun out there--surely they don't give them THAT much sunscreen?
    Some people just don't tan, ever. I know because I am a redhead and I never tan. Never. It's always white like Dan, and if I don't wear sunscreen I will just burn and burn, and really that's much worse than being white. The burn will stay red for a little while, but doesn't turn to tan, it just goes away and I'm back to the white again. It's also much more dangerous for someone that is that white to get sun exposure as people like us are in the highest risk category for skin cancer, it's just safer to wear the sunscreen, not be burnt to a crisp, which is very painful, and can make one sick too.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Maybe Dan was a redhead in his younger days! Seriously, wondering about the sunscreen, for all the reasons you said. We've never seen him burned or browning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast