+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cirie: Exile Island

I like Cirie based on how she came across on the show.

Its a shame the older gals had to oust someone; if Cirie were matched up against against more than several on other tribes I don't believe she'd be being nominated nearly as much for an early exit.

Particularly nice seeing her fight to stick around. Even counting Tina's 'Happy Birthday' type implosion at TC, I figure it would have been Cirie heading on if she had taken a passive stance rather than going proactive.

I live a state over and this was in my local news:

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4448762
    02/02/06
    South Carolina Contestant on "Survivor"

Okay reality show fans, the wait is finally over. Survivor returns to Panama's Pearl Islands tonight. This time there's a new twist in the game. Exile Island. Each week, one castaway will be banished there to fend for themselves.

And these contestants sure don't want it to be them, especially Cirie Fields, from Walterboro, South Carolina. Cirie is an operating room nurse and is married with three sons. She's dedicated to winning, which made quite an impression on Survivor host Jeff Probst.

"Cirie I think, I don't know, but I think she'll be one of the most popular people we've ever had on Survivor," he said. "I really do. I think you're going to adore her. Here's why. It's not about that she does well or doesn't do well. It's about what she represents. Cirie is the woman or man or person at home who sits on the couch and says 'I could do that show,' and they never get off their butt. Cirie got off her butt and got on the show, and she was a long shot. People really had to push for her to get on the show because we didn't think she could hack it, and we didn't want someone fading on day two. Cirie impressed us, and I think she is a great story."

We traveled to Walterboro today in Colleton County to talk with some of Cirie's coworkers. Sixteen survivors will be battling it out for a million dollars, but Cirie's cowokers at the Colleton Medical Center say her bubbly personality and drive will take her far in this competition.

"Just on a personality, basis there's absolutely no doubt in my mind," said Dr. Karl Stiegler.

Dr Stigler not only works with Cirie in the OR, but also served as her personal trainer and helped her lose 30 pounds once she found out she'd be a castaway on the show.

"You could tell how motivated and driven she was, that she would do well just based on that," he said.

Coworkers say, if she's as effective on Exile Island as she is in the operating room, she'll be the last one standing.

"She has wonderful skills and she knows what she's doing in our operating room," said Ann Jonason.

And those skills may have come in handy on Exile Island. "I asked her if she used her nursing skills," said Renee Sarin. "She didn't expand on it but she said yes, so we'll watch for that."

And they all say they'll be glued to the TV this season, watching and waiting.

"I said, 'So if you get on and win, will you come back to work?'" Sarin told us. "And she said, 'Oh yes, because I'm going to buy my friend a car, my mother a house, a house for my family.' So she said that million dollars will be gone fast."

We talked with a local lady today who said Cirie was actually her nurse at one time and when she saw her picture in a magazine, she was really surprised. In fact, she said she' not usually a Survivor fan, but this season she plans on watching and cheering her on.

And of course you can catch the premiere of Survivor tonight at 8pm on WTOC.

Reported by: Jaime Dailey, jdailey@wtoc.com

Circe needs:
    a) a supportive bra....hello!
    b) not to admit a fear of leaves....I've been to Walterboro, SC and they have pleanty of 'em there

At this rate, they are going to have to give the fuzzy-nudie blob guy a raise because he is workin' overtime.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

LOL Lolls,I agree with the supportive bra.She is going to be interesting to watch,I can't imagine admitting to a fear of leaves.She must be hysterical in the Fall.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe View Post
    She must be hysterical in the Fall.

She's my least favorite so far but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I can't believe that she told her team that she is afraid of leaves!
    That seems like one of the worst things you could tell your tribe. So far I don't like or dislike her, she seems kinda...meh to me, but I think that she has potential to be very entertaining.

FORT Fan
    For the record, she never said she was afraid of leaves, she said she was afraid of what could be living/hiding underneath the leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Justwatching2 View Post
    For the record, she never said she was afraid of leaves, she said she was afraid of what could be living/hiding underneath the leaves
    Regardless, what did she expect to find on the deserted island...a resort with pristine white sandy beaches? A critterless wonderland?

She seems like a funny girl, but I think that Surviving may not be her strong suit.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I found her to be pretty useless and don't understand why Jeff thinks she'll be one of the most popular people on the show. Maybe we've yet to see that side of her.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Definitely NOT a player I can support. I just don't like her...she seems lazy to me. Also, as lolls said, she should have prepared her coconut holders a lot better.

I was SHOCKED that they didn't extinguish her torch last night.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread