+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cirie: Exile Island

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    How excellent of Cerie to be listening to Danielle and Courtney "squabbling" over 2nd and 3rd place. "So, uhh..what was that 3rd & 2nd talk about?" Right ON Cirie! It's ALL about listening and reacting and she sure did it this episode.
    That was a good catch on her part. That was how she knew it was time to make her move.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Notice how she "made up" with Shane by hugging him and wishing him a happy birthday? Smart girl!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    Cirie is brilliant. What a master game player! Her ability to read and influence people is masterful.
    Well, considering who she's working with, that's not saying much

Cirie was brilliant. She looked at what everyone wanted:

Aras: Doesn't care, just doesn't want to be voted out.
    Shane: Wants Danielle out.
    Courtney: Wants Aras out.
    Danielle: Recently convinced to want Courtney out (by Cirie).
    Terry: Doesn't care, just wants to bond with a group, especially one that includes Courtney.
    Herself: She wants Courtney out, because Cirie wants to be eligible for easy pick at final two and Courtney dominates that role.

And made it seem like they all got what they wanted.

Here is how Cirie went through the plan. I boldened all names that at that point in the plan believe they are voting with the majority for whoever they are told to vote for.

1st: Make an agreement with Courtney that Cirie, Danielle, Courtney, and Terry will vote for Aras. While telling Aras and Shane to vote for Danielle.

At this point, Courtney and Cirie have told a real lie to Shane and he is now taken care of. Courtney is also taken care of because she thinks this is the extent of the lies. They've told a reversible lie to Aras who will be told to vote differently in a seperate location from the others.

2nd: Tell Danielle and Aras to vote for Courtney.

Cirie has finished her plan.

What she did was absolutely amazing. She played everyone, and got exactly what she wanted. The only drawback is that she has exposed herself as a potential manipulator and liar to the entire tribe.
    Last edited by Zaius; 04-28-2006 at 09:37 PM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Leo
    Premium Member
    What's even better is that she'll probably escape the fallout from the boot. Terry will more likely blame Danielle - he knows she was worried about Courtney advancing to the final two instead of her. Shane is so out of it he might as well ask for advice from the mother ship, but he'll probably go after Aras. Getting the boot you want is good; getting the boot and escaping the blame is even better.

MRD
    She may be playing a good game, but I've worked with people like her and let me say, I wouldn't work with this woman. passive/aggressive, manipulating people in the workplace. Sounds like my old supervisor, surprisingly enough a nurse also.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    She may be playing a good game, but I've worked with people like her and let me say, I wouldn't work with this woman. passive/aggressive, manipulating people in the workplace. Sounds like my old supervisor, surprisingly enough a nurse also.
    The people she works with adore her and speak very highly of her work as well.

It is a game, for cryin' out loud. Do you think others would not want to associate with you after fininshing a game of poker or Risk where bluffing and lying are part of the rules? She is outwitting everyone. Remember? Outwit, outplay, outlast?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles View Post
    Even if you don't like her,you'd have to admit that Cirie was in control of the vote to oust Courtney. I like Cirie and look forward to her future manipulations if there are any.
    And she also proved why you want to take her to the final 3 with that pathetic performance in the reward challenge. Take her to the final 3 and if you win immunity you take her out for third place.

Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    I have to admit since Episode one, when a woman that was afraid of leaves was able to keep herself in the game over a woman that started fire and caught fish. I knew Cirie was someone they would all have to watch carefully.

She doesn't spend every minute of the game "playing it" like Shane. She most people don't think about her. But she knows when she has to make a movie and then pushes people away from her, into a direction she needs them to go.

This week she was a little more overt, but Notice how she set it up so only the active parties would know whos idea it was. Shane and Terry will not find out Cirie was the instigator.

Smart play. Go Girl!
    If you are right that the others wont find out that she is the instigator, yes then she did a good job, but I am still wondering, they can't be that dumb.

FORT Fogey
    If Cirie works to get Shane voted out next then we will know who the final 2 will be. It will be Aras and Danielle or Terry and one of those two. If Terry doesn't win one of the next two immunity challenges it will be Aras and Danielle.

+ Reply to Thread