+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bruce: Exile Island

What physically happened to him? It must be bad, because he can't play. Thus it indicates he needs continued treatment (which he couldn't have if he returned to the game). Do you think the waste started leaking out internally and poisoned him? I've never heard of colon blockage and don't know what causes it or what the result is. But I'm guessing that if he'd gotten treatment right away (instead of trying to be tough), he could've still kept playing and been there today.

FORT Fogey
    He probably needed a few enemas, saline drip to hydrate and was good to go. Jeff said it was not serious so it probaby required him to be moved far enough away for a couple of days to make it not work for coming back into the game since it moves right along every 3 days.

So, so sad to see him in so much pain and having to leave. I started crying while I was watching that scene. I bet if he had let it go on much longer, though, he would've been a toxic mess! I had a coworker who had severe diverticulitis and it's just a terrible business.

I just remembered Jeff had said that his bladder was blocked, too "and nothing was coming out". Now that's really dangerous!

He was my favorite this time around, and my avatar's devoted to him until the show ends.

FORT Fogey
    Odd that Bruce would not say if he was on the jury. Jeff told all of them that he would not return to the game but would be on the jury.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I think he's stonewalling on the jury topic for the networks sake. Will he? Won't he? We'll just have to tune in to find out type deal. Just another way to hype watching the next episode except this time they get a Survivor to do it

Bruce was one of my favorites, it's such a shame he had to go through everything he has, only to be knocked out with a medical problem. Glad to hear he is doing well now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    For some reason, I remember Bruce saying (on The Early Show) that the decision hadn't been made yet about him being on the jury. My guess is that he has to find out what else he may have to go through, medically.

When Jeff gave his Bruce update, it was the morning (day, whatever) after Bruce had been removed from the island.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Snoozin' on the beach
    I'm pretty sure Jeff said he'd be back on the jury, if the doctor's approve it. The outcome all depended what the doctor's said. If anyone has it on tape, they can confirm what was said either way

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I'm kind of curious about why this happened to Bruce. Was it some condition that he had before and was aggravated by the lack of food/strange food that he had to eat? Or, was it something that he possibly ate at the Pananmanian village that his body couldn't handle? Or, maybe the lack of food caused his body to shut down somehow?

I'm sure he doesn't enjoy having people talking about his "innards" and his inability to, er relieve himself, but I, for one am curious.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Snoozin' on the beach
    I just read an interview he gave to an LA paper. It said he got a Survivor: Panama tatoo on his shoulder. He wanted to do something to keep the Survivor memory alive. Weird tatoo but kind of cool if you've been a Survivor contestant.

I feel for the guy, he'll never have any closure and will always wonder how far he could have gone.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    I feel for the guy, he'll never have any closure and will always wonder how far he could have gone.
    Too much closure, really.

I think it's likely he would have died without treatment, perhaps his bladder or his colon could have ruptured. Unfortunately, once he let things reach the point he did, he needed round-the-clock care for a brief period.

That makes me angry with the Survivor producers. This is an extreme game, given this artificial constant hunger situation they seem to enjoy creating. They should be monitoring everyone's health. There are simple natural remedies they could have provided Bruce long before he reached 12 days of increasing discomfort. This was completely unnecessary.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

+ Reply to Thread