+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Bobby: Exile Island

  1. #11
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522
    I'm guessing Bobby's going to be a bit over-bearing.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    Big, tough, smart, and physically a huge threat - he'll last as long as a team needs his strength, then he'll get booted - too big a threat!

  3. #13
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,995
    I want to like this guy--what a story--South Central LA to Amherst and a law degree--but that dominant, stubborn, malleable combo threw me. I have to assume with that education he knows what malleable means....maybe women can twist him around their little fingers? Maybe he means how much he changed from his South Central days? I fear the dominant stubborn vibe is going to dominat and get him in trouble right away.
    Other downside.... listing Hawking's book....come on, I know a lot of scientists and not even they have finished it, much less declared it a favorite book, much less my lawyer friends (yes, I have some, they aren't all jerks!).
    But he certainly seems tough physically, and with that variety of background experiences he's probably gotten pretty good at reading people, if he wants to. Now the question is, will he want to? Or just want to be dominant?

  4. #14
    FORT Fanatic ko_vixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    902
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I want to like this guy--what a story--South Central LA to Amherst and a law degree--but that dominant, stubborn, malleable combo threw me. I have to assume with that education he knows what malleable means....maybe women can twist him around their little fingers? Maybe he means how much he changed from his South Central days? I fear the dominant stubborn vibe is going to dominat and get him in trouble right away.
    Other downside.... listing Hawking's book....come on, I know a lot of scientists and not even they have finished it, much less declared it a favorite book, much less my lawyer friends (yes, I have some, they aren't all jerks!).
    But he certainly seems tough physically, and with that variety of background experiences he's probably gotten pretty good at reading people, if he wants to. Now the question is, will he want to? Or just want to be dominant?
    I agree that I want to like this guy too, but in the end he may turn out to be an arrogant bastard. As for the Hawking book...I have finished it. (mind you I don't think I undersood much of it and I would NOT list it as a favorite)

  5. #15
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen View Post
    I agree that I want to like this guy too, but in the end he may turn out to be an arrogant bastard. As for the Hawking book...I have finished it. (mind you I don't think I undersood much of it and I would NOT list it as a favorite)
    I'm impressed!

  6. #16
    Paging Dr. House Salty Babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Floriduh
    Posts
    409
    He has quite a bio but I am getting an angry black man vibe here.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

  7. #17
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe View Post
    He has quite a bio but I am getting an angry black man vibe here.
    You sure that's not just his eyebrows? Cover them up and he looks very different.

  8. #18
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918
    They had some conversation he did that they posted for the roundtable assesments. He came off sounding like such a cocky jerk that is way to full of himself, really off-putting.

    He calls himself Bobby dawg. Bet he is a jerk

  9. #19
    Paging Dr. House Salty Babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Floriduh
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    You sure that's not just his eyebrows? Cover them up and he looks very different.
    no,I was referring not to his looks but to the list of groups he belongs to.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

  10. #20
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,995
    Guess I missed both the groups and dawg reference. Don't know what the groups are, but any man who calls themself dawg is already 2/3 of the way to loser for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.