+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Panama - Exile Island premieres February 2nd, 2006; Non-Major**SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Survivor: Panama - Exile Island premieres February 2nd, 2006; Non-Major**SPOILERS**

Sorry, no link, but I saw an ad today on OLN during Survivor, and it showed the premiere date to be 2/2... surprising me, as I thought it wouldn't premiere until after the Olympics.

EDIT: Also, I didn't see the commercial in full, but I've read info from others who have, and it includes how the tribes will be split... 4 tribes of 4, with them being divided to be the Young vs. the Old, and Men vs. Women. So probably a tribe of young men, a tribe of old men, a tribe of young women, and a tribe of old women. (all relative to each others age, I would assume)
    Last edited by SonicAD; 12-28-2005 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added more info from the commercial

Whoa. Thanks for the info SonicAD. I wonder how the four tribe thing is going to work.

Or how the young vs. old will play out. They must have something up their sleeve to account for it, if they're making tribes by age part of the game.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Premium Member
    So it sounds like instead of voting someone out they get voted into exile? Interesting twist. With the Olympics coming up it's going to be hard to keep up with everything.

That'll be interesting to see how the young/old thing plays out....experience vs. strength? There were four boats/canoes in the clip, couldn't make out any people or tribe colors though. I might try and get some vidcaps later.

I heard (actor) MacDonald Carey's grandson is a contestant this time...I'll have to root for him.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    errr, i have to ask - who is MacDonald Carey?

i saw that commercial as well - i am getting excited for it. do we know how many players are starting out this time?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    This is a blurb from Survivor Fever that has more explanation on exile island:

Jeff Probst on KCBS News (12.12.05 Posted at SurvivorSucks by Bungler)
    "The next Survivor has a great twist. We have an island called Exile Island, and the idea was: every week we're going to send one survivor on their own to exile. So, not only will you have to be on this island having to deal with the rain, and the bugs, and no food, you're away from camp, which is where the game is played. And the flipside is...is that somewhere hidden out there is hidden immunity idol. So while you're out there trying to endure the conditions, you're digging around trying to find this thing. And it turned out to be a great twist."
    "This next season is really likeable group [in contrast to Guatemala's feistier group] and the whole notion of Exile Island puts some people in peril. It's a tough...it's tough when you get sent to this island, it's hard."
    Also reading some contestant spoilers, it looks like this season won't be like last where it was the middle of the season before any predictions started turning out right. When will they be announcing the new cast?

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate View Post
    errr, i have to ask - who is MacDonald Carey?

i saw that commercial as well - i am getting excited for it. do we know how many players are starting out this time?
    McDonald Carey played the Horton patriach on Days of Our Lives for decades.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    McDonald Carey played the Horton patriach on Days of Our Lives for decades.

Everytime I hear his name.. I think of his opening to the show

"Like sands through the hourglass..."
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Here's a picture of his grandson...his name is Aras Baskauskas, 24 yr. old yoga instructor:

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast