+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Panama - Exile Island premieres February 2nd, 2006; Non-Major**SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by julitta View Post
    anybody know if they are spoilers out already on the booting order? i started to read the comments on the bios, and noticed some comments like final four, or jury member. not sure how the heck you come to that conclusion by looking at a pic, and reading the bios. so i'm just wondering before i read the rest of them. i don't like to be spoiled.
    There are booting spoilers out there (which I always take with a grain of salt until the show gets going, no matter how reliable the source) but what everyone's putting is just their own speculation as to how we think that person will do. And I'm usually so far off that whatever I say, the opposite is bound to happen

I think all the final four etc. is just people's guesses based on the bios. There are definitely spoilers out there this time around. If you want to know who makes it far you can find the info but as Qboots said, if you want to discuss the spoilers here, please create a clearly labelled spoiler thread for Exile Island.

See this piece on Ain't It Cool: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22154

This news, if true, actually makes me angry. Why bother with the innovation of 4 tribes if you then turn around and recombine them into the traditional 2 tribes after ONLY 3 days? Yeah, I get that there's probably some idea about forming alliances in the mini-tribe groupings, but seriously? It's lame.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't get it. If there's 4 tribes, do 3 of them go to TC (the IC winning team is safe?) or what? It sound like a twist that never got off the ground. How much suspense could there be with only 4 tribe members? They'll have tie vote right off. It sound like a confusing idea

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    See this piece on Ain't It Cool: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22154

This news, if true, actually makes me angry. Why bother with the innovation of 4 tribes if you then turn around and recombine them into the traditional 2 tribes after ONLY 3 days? Yeah, I get that there's probably some idea about forming alliances in the mini-tribe groupings, but seriously? It's lame.
    I figured the 4 tribe thing was going to be short lived and was solely for just making it out to be something new and exciting they could use in the promos. But 3 days? I figured it'd be 3 or 4 episodes. Now this season isn't seeming so interesting. I'm not crazy about the cast, I'm not sure what to think of exile island (Jiffy says it turned out to be a great twist but he would say that) and now this Well, at least TAR is around the corner.

I don't get it. If there's 4 tribes, do 3 of them go to TC (the IC winning team is safe?) or what? It sound like a twist that never got off the ground. How much suspense could there be with only 4 tribe members? They'll have tie vote right off. It sound like a confusing idea
    I was thinking they might have one old tribe and one young tribe go to TC. But then it'd be a double boot, and if you allow them to vote for anyone, including someone on the opposing tribe, it'll be a 4-4 tie and really screw someone over in the end.
    Last edited by karalott; 01-11-2006 at 10:46 PM.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I can easily see boots that make no sense. Whoever the lucky 3 are that are fast enough to make an alliance will be safe. It doesn't have to do with anything like not strong enough or too abbrasive. More like musical chairs in the wild.

I don't like the 4 tribe twist, it spreads things out a little too thin. From what I understand of exile island, the team has to pick someone to go there by themselves (until the next challenge). It's something like, fend for yourself, your not with your tribe and they can conspire against you but the bonus is, there is a hidden immunity idol ( like in Guatemala) for the single exiled person can look for on that island. I like that idea. It's not really a punishment in that sense and do you not vote the person you'd like to boot next from having to go in exile for 3 days and possibly save themselves by finding that idol? It has alot of potential to make everyone paraniod

It will be interesting to see how that works. I can't imagine that there would be 4 tribes for very long.

I do give Mark Burnett credit for trying, each season, to do something a little bit different in an attempt to keep the show fresh. The basic principle of the game still exists, so I can't complain too much. We'll have to see how it plays out.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

The new "meet the contestants" video is up on CBS...I took a few caps while watching:

I think this was Misty -

Bobby - check out those arms!

Ruth Marie - after watching the video I really don't care for her -

Melinda seemed sort of ditzy -
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Shane - no idea what the tattoo is of

Sally - seems pretty nice

Danielle -

Courtney - most irritating voice in the group

Misty - seems quite full of herself
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Tina -