+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FORTers... time to poll the jury

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    PostScript ... I do think that although Lydia disappointed Jamie, he would have mellowed enough by jury time to vote for her to win anyway. Also, remember that this guy is a bit off balance and what Lydia would have to say to him at the jury might have soothed him. Most if not all of the bootees realize that Lydia is a coattail rider, easily swayed with no obvious goals, thoughts or stategy of her own so her bud Jamie, if anyone would give her a pity pass.

I was the one who thought that Jamie would vote against Lydia because he was more disappointed with her betrayal than with anybody else's, but you really do make a good point here. And another poster made a similar point [can't remember who, but I think they're in this thread] that Jamie, for all his psycho-ness, would probably vote from a gamesmanship standpoint, rather than from a grudge one. And the more I think about it, the more I think that you guys might be right. Oh, well, there go my predictions again.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't think Danni (or anyone) would pick someone for wanting to go to the end with a strong person. That was just crap from Gary. I think Steph is the bigger goat for both Danni and Rafe. Lydia has less enemies going in than Rafe or Steph and less "count on votes" than Danni. It's not like Lydia is a "katie" she was well liked and worked hard around camp. I'm going to get votes because they may not respect her as a coatail rider" or "i'm going to get votes because they screwed people over royally and (in Judd's case) thinks they are scumbags". That's got to be going through Danni's mind. More likely, I don't think Rafe or Steph will want to face both Lydia and Danni as final 3 opponents so one of them will go next. They need the better fall back person of F4 if their original goat wins immunity at F3

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    I think Gary will be the only one that will vote for the best player overall. Don't think he holds grudges. Not sure who he thinks would be the best though. I'm sure he doesn't see lydia as the best athletic and that would be important to him.
    what he values is a person's willingness to stick to something without quiting when the going gets tough. I think he values some one who finishes dead last who struggles valiently over someone who is young and naturally gifted physically. I really belive he respects overall effort over whether someone finishes first in a physical challenge. Let's face it these challenges are made for people like Steph and Rafe, but someone like Lydia it takes a whole lot of guts and inner determination to keep going and keep trying even though the end result will be a finish in the bottom over and over. I think gary values that sort of wilingness and persistence. That's just how a person in a team sport learns to think in terms of respecting a fellow team mate.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    It's not like Lydia is a "katie"
    Now that you mention that, I've been thinking Rafe's an Ian. At first glance, he looks completely incompetent at challenges, but he ends up doing very well at them. He gets into an alliance that helps carry him to the end, where he then hands the game away on a silver platter. Only this time there are three Toms, and if any of them win, they owe it largely (Steph) or mostly (Lydia and Danni) to Rafe.

Snoozin' on the beach
    More like they owe it to their stupidity. It's the great player that capitalizes on someone else's mistakes. Danni has worked that angle fantastic.

FORT Regular
    YES!!!! I scored 100% on all my picks!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Danni is one of the best women to play the game, and she's very likable

im glad she won, steph just made very stupid moves after stupid moves. had she been a bit smarter about voting people off she maybe could have won.
    "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day." - Linda Evangelista

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123