+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On the Next Survivor (12/11)

Is it possible they edit the footage to show someone wearing the immunity necklace who didn't actually win ? That is, perhaps they manipulate the footage or do something like advance pick-up shots ?

These are experienced producers and editors ... so is this an "oops" it was an accident to show that footage, or is it an intentional disclosure ?

What I don't understand is why would they have such a cryptic "next week" promo ... build up suspense and then intentionally tip-off viewers prior to the finale ?

There was a promo for a previous episode where Danni was shown walking to TC wearing the necklace ... and she then DID win immunity during that episode. This time I think the promo shot of that individual wearing the necklace, may very well be a trick or twist. Remember the promo says there will be a tribal shake-up at a Mayan ceremony.
    Last edited by echo226; 12-09-2005 at 09:48 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Is it possible they edit the footage to show someone wearing the immunity necklace who didn't actually win ?
    It's pretty unlikely that they'd, for instace, digitally add in an immunity necklace that wasn't there. But by accident, or even intentionally, an editor could splice in footage from a different episode.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Snoozin' on the beach
    This would be the second time they flat-out let the viewer know. For all the secrecy clauses, security and jumping through hoops MB goes through to keep it a secret...once would be sloppy work, but twice? Do they even care?

FORT Newbie
    For those who would like to see what that preview screenshot looks like, here it is:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING LINK IS A PICTURE OF A SPOILER!

http://www.vincedee.com/finalfour.jpg

It doesn't look like it's been doctored to me and, I agree with Shady64, it would be pretty surprising, and disappointing, if they really let it be known so easily.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I have no idea what decision the Survivors make that they later question.

The second one is maybe Rafe and Danni?
    Wow to that picture.... I can't believe they gave that away...

But back to Rafe and Danni....so if they are the true alliance, then they have to decide whether to vote out Lydia or Steph.. I can see that they both feel they might win over either of those in the final 2, but that Steph might win in the final 3, so they should take her out if she doesn't have immunity. The mistake might be if Rafe felt more loyal to Steph and they took out Lydia... or if Lydia actually came close to winning in the final 3?
    Of course if they plan to take each other to final 2 then they should take out Steph because she might beat them.
    They could do it by convincing Lydia to vote for Steph, which shouldn't be hard, and Steph to vote for Lydia (using the lets have a strong final 3 argument--and Steph seems to like Danni and be willing to go along with her) and then if they stick together they really get to decide which one goes home, unless one of those 2 gets immunity, and even if one does they are able to be safe themselves because the immunity winner will still follow the plan.

Wow! Thanks for posting that spoiler, VinceDee! to the FoRT!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    And it's not even REALLY a spoiler--any of us could have seen it if we'd been really observant...or taped the show and watched in slo mo. Previews aren't spoilers... but it's clear from the Rafe thread or the Stephanie thread for example, that most people didn't spot it.
    Way to go, VinceDee!

FORT Newbie
    I think the producers probably figured that the Tribal Council shot was such a short one that no one would really be able to see it. I sure didn't think of it until GabbyG and stunner gave me the idea to check my recording, and there it was!

I really would rather not have known (although it obviously doesn't bother me that much), and I'm a bit annoyed that they made it so easy to find out. Couldn't they have just edited Jeff saying "...and the 15th person voted out of Survivor is..." then go to black? That would have been more dramatic, and expected, by the audience.

Thanks all for responding with your comments and Vince for the photo.

I missed pieces of Thursday's show because of some local pre-emptions regarding that 737 that skidded off the runway at Chicago's Midway Airport ... and into an intersection ... while landing during a snowstorm.

Mariner has been regularly posting some spoiler and spoilerish info gleaned from from the Sunday promos for previous episodes that turneed out to be accurate. Danni's recent IC win was one of them.

They have to know that message boards, slice and dice everything looking for clues ... and it seems most of the spoiler sites have been very accurate of late.

What have we got here ... a rogue editor who's also leaking stuff ? Looks like a regular Survivor-gate.

Seriously, it's one thing for spoiler sites to predict based on
    speculation, and basic armchair detective work ... but it would be very disappointing to learn that they are as Shady said being sloppy with the editing and/or just don't care.
    And if they are intentionally disclosing at this point ... well that makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I do hope it's a twist or trick or previous footage or pick-up shots broadcast in an effort to spoil the spoilers.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Geez. They've been giving alot away in the previews this time around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast