+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Great minds think alike!
    And on the subject of giving cars... I totally agree with the people who think Lydia would have been nuts to give that car to her 17 year old son! In fact I think people who give kids new cars in general are nuts. If you've got the cash get yourself a new one and give the kid the old one (or better yet let the kid work to buy it if you don't want him buying a piece of unsafe junk from the ads), but never give a 17 year old boy (not being sexist and age-ist, just reflecting the insurance stats) something that will tempt him to do dangerous things, and will egg his friends on to egg him on to do them. Further all his friends will want to ride with him in the new car--and I've read stats show a teen driver with friends in the car is in practically as much trouble as one who has been drinking because of the distractions.

All the statistics in the world don't tell us what type of teenager Lydia's son is. There are exceptions to every pile of stas out there.without knowing anything about Lydia's and her sons personal lives how can we judge her decison as nuts? Some kids work their backsides off and do the right thing in their lives and for all we know that's why lydia said she wanted to give her son the car. Judging her mothering decisons as nuts based on insurence statistics, without knowing her and her son...I don't know. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think also few of us have ever been as carless, or as new carless as Cindy seems to have been. Personally for me a car is just transportation, but Cindy really seems over the moon about it. So much harder for her to give up than for many of us.

She sounded like she was doing a product placement add to the 10th degree. I mean, it's a freakin car lady, get over it. Had she not yammered on and on about how fabulous the car was I think people would have been a bit more forgiving. Seriously, who gets that excited about a car?

The median expected salary for a typical Sales Representative (Pharmaceuticals) in the United States is $53,552; lower wage range is $32,000 and the high end can go up to $59,000, according to salary.com. So if Stephanie doesn't own a car, what was all the whining about?
    Iwas disappointed to say the least that while Cindy and Stephanie were gone for reward, the remaining players diden't use the opportunity to discuss getting rid of Steph instead of focusing only on Cindy. I'm not a fan of Steph, by any means, but she seems to have the others so totally under control that I wouldn't be surprised to see her go F2. If so, she totally deserves to win. After all, if you are still around and calling all the shots when you haven't really contributed a whole lot, then you have in fact outplayed and outwitted everyone else.
    That said, I'm hoping she's the next boot. Usually my least favorite of the final four wins, and that would be Staph.
    Last edited by queenb; 12-11-2005 at 01:51 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    That said, I'm hoping she's the next boot. Usually my least favorite of the final four wins, and that would be Staph.

True, redsox girl, Lydia's son may be the one who could be trusted with such a car, and his friends may be similar paragons; just going on the odds since we didn't hear anything from her to make us think he was anything but an average teenage boy.

FORT Newbie
    Iwas disappointed to say the least that while Cindy and Stephanie were gone for reward, the remaining players diden't use the opportunity to discuss getting rid of Steph instead of focusing only on Cindy.
    I'm betting that's exactly what they did, but Steph's clutch immunity victory rendered the discussion irrelevant from a story-telling point of view.

+ Reply to Thread