+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Snoozin' on the beach
    Jeff didn't really give her any time to think about it. She had to give him a decision in what, 30 seconds after he brought her car out? We've had time to consider every angle. With the excitment it would be hard to focus on "in the long run" thoughts so fast.

I also think that had she given the cars away, the winner would have given her the car back on their own. The winner of the money always gets a car. Tom got that ugly yellow truck. She could have said that as her final words when her torch was snuffed... "whoever wins owes me a car"

Eh, I woulda gave the cars away, then said I didn't want to take anyone with me on the food reward.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner View Post
    Rafe or Steph will easily win over Danni. Usually in the end the jury see why and how they were voted off and vote for the best player not someone who is there by luck (Danni , seriously she has only made one decision to save herself).
    There are three people in the jury that I could never see voting for Steph even if she was against Lydia. Judd, Jamie, and Gary, and I also think Bobby Jon will give his vote to Danni as well. IMO, Rafe and Danni have it in the bag if they go against Steph. I'm not too sure if it's a Steph/Lydia final 2, but I also think Danni and Rafe will beat Lydia hands down if they wind up in the final 2 with her. Now if it comes down to Danni/Rafe, then I have no idea. As much as I want Danni to win, I think Rafe will edge her out

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner View Post
    Rafe or Steph will easily win over Danni. Usually in the end the jury see why and how they were voted off and vote for the best player not someone who is there by luck (Danni , seriously she has only made one decision to save herself).
    I agree that Danni's only out for herself, but I don't think that Steph or Rafe can beat her in the f2. Steph was disliked from the start by Bobby Jon, Gary, and Jamie, and then really cooked her own goose by pissing off her most loyal ally, Judd, and then Cindy on top of that. Rafe also backstabbed Jamie, Judd, and Cindy, and never had BJ or Gary's vote, anyway, since they've been in Danni's corner from the beginning.

FORT Fogey
    They were great strategy. Rafe is still there, how many of them remain?
    Great strategy for whom? Danni? Like Steph, Rafe was always still going to be there. He just wasn't always going to piss off the jury getting there.

She had to give him a decision in what, 30 seconds after he brought her car out? We've had time to consider every angle.
    I knew within 30 seconds that the pros of giving it up outweighed the cons. Of course, being removed from the situation, it's easier for me to come to that decision than it would have been for her.

There are three people in the jury that I could never see voting for Steph even if she was against Lydia. Judd, Jamie, and Gary, and I also think Bobby Jon will give his vote to Danni as well.
    Judd does not seem to know Steph voted for him and apparently did not know about it until he got off the show. If that's the case, he'll vote for her without even having to take time to think about it.

Question about Survivor Thailand

Didn't Brian Heidik win the car that season? Probst said that the person who won the car never won the game. Who won the vehicle that season if Brian did not. Thanks.

Ted won the car.

FORT Newbie
    My opinion about the cars:

Cindy made a fatal mistake that brought about her own demise in an ironic, Catch-22 sort of way.

Cindy gave all kinds of lip service during this episode to the idea that a strong player is a strong player, and can win both the car and the million dollar prize. What she didn't discuss (or, apparently, know) was that part of how you win the million dollars is by playing this social game, and the most important part of this game is in making other players want to give you this million dollars. The object here is to make the members of the jury willing to give you their vote. What better way to do that than to make sure that the majority of that jury feel like they have gotten something from you to justify voting for you?

It goes without saying that Cindy could have given these other players cars and they would still have voted her out, but consider the two scenarios:

1. She gives them the cars- They are really grateful that she did this for them and, boy, would it be hard to vote out this person who just sacrificed alot by giving you a car. Guilt plays a huge roll, here. It's easy for us to look at these people from the outside and decide what the best strategic moves would be from a purely emotionless point of view, but these folks have been together for several weeks under trying circumstances, and have built bonds with one another and learned all about the other player's lives and loves. They see each other as real people...not the characters they are edited to appear as. Give Lydia a new car for her kid and she'll be his heroine...and she'll feel like she owes you something for that. That something would be her jury vote. Same with the others. I know it seems a bit crass, and as if it would be really obvious to the others that she was essentially "buying" their vote, but so what? They would feel great that they got something tangible out of their "Survivor" experience, and that makes them a little more forgiving, and willing to give you their vote if you make it to the Final 2. On the other hand...

1. She doesn't give them cars- Now they're a little annoyed at her (which it appears they were). They realize that they could have gotten a new car out of this deal if she had just said so, and now they know that 3 of the 4 of them are going to lose this game and 2 of them are going to go home not only having lost the game, but also several pounds of fat (except Stephanie, who I'm convinced has gained weight...ala Katie), and gotten nothing tangible for it all. In addition, by not giving them the cars, Cindy has told the other 4 people that she doesn't care enough for them to sacrifice for them. As a result, they no longer feel they have to have anything invested into Cindy...no emotional attachment, no obligation, and they are, at very best, indifferent about whether she goes or not. It's this indifference that allowed them to fairly easily decide that she could be the next one to go.

Create guilt and obligation? Or irritation and indifference?

That's what the choice was that Cindy was faced with and, for someone who said she was a strong player there to win the million dollars (not just a car), she clearly made the wrong choice.

Car or no car, Cindy's days were numbered. The writing was on the wall at the last tribal council when they flat out left her out of the loop by not telling her that Judd was being voted out.
    Had she given them the cars, their collective gratitude would have saved her this week, so Danni would have gone home, more than likely. However, all good deeds only buy you a week on Survivor. Next week your credit is up and everyone's even with you.
    She'd have been gone the next week anyway.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I think also few of us have ever been as carless, or as new carless as Cindy seems to have been. Personally for me a car is just transportation, but Cindy really seems over the moon about it. So much harder for her to give up than for many of us.

+ Reply to Thread