+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by julitta View Post
    another good show last night. i'm hoping for a danni or rafe win. although i wouldn't be too upset if steph won. i think that would be sweet justice for all the crap she's been getting. all the she's pathetic, she's weak, she's stupid. are we all watching the same show? sure, that was her first ic win, but i have never seen her do horrible at anything. if she's so stupid, why did she have the best game going when danni switched spots with her last ic? let me guess. it was luck or someone else who positioned her so well, right? and i don't think she hasn't owned a car because her life is so pathetic as someone said. she has a career and owns her own house. she probably doesn't have a car because she lives in the city. you don't need a car. i'm not sticking up for her because she's my favorite. she's not and never has been. but she is a strong girl, and i don't think she's dumb at all. oh, and feel free to rip my post apart because i disagree with the majority. it's okay. GO DANNI!!!
    She is a pharmacutical rep right. She needs a car.

What is the big deal about buying a new car? If you are willing to get an inexpensive one and not one that cost $30,000 to $40,000 dollars, and willing to save money for a down payment. The entire reasoning is screwy to me.

I would also have given the 4 cars to the others. It builds good will. I can always buy one but when would I ever have the chance to get a 1 in 4 for a million. Also, the good will might make the difference in me making it to the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    She is a pharmacutical rep right. She needs a car.
    oh yeah, i couldn't remember what she did. well there you go. she doesn't own a car because she has a company car.

i would have given the cars away for the same reasons bearcata mentioned. i would hope it at least would get me through that tribal. and if not then i would have been burned and called them all scumbags on my way out! (i'm still giggling about that) plus a new car just wouldn't make sense for me. damaging climate, a 4 mile glorified 4 wheeler trail for a driveway, and the awful temptation to do dounuts all the time.
    does anyone think there is even a chance for a rafe and danni f2? i would love that but i don't think it would happen at all. i just can't see if one of them makes it, they would take the other.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    I think that Rafe, given the value he places on being nice - would follow through with his promise to Danni about taking her to the final two if it's his choice - however, I am not so sure if Danni would follow through on her promise to Rafe.

And, actually, I can't quite remember if Danni did promise Rafe - anybody?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Whoo! I'm still rooting for a Danni / Rafe final two. And though Cindy did have a point about the car. Who is to say they wouldn't have voted her out anyway? But still, her remark about thinking about them while looking at the stars from her car was yet again another show of poor sportsmanship. Have we not had some SORE losers this time or what? Still she might have Rafe's number. He is pulling quite a few strings, and Steph is being led. This could be a toss up if those two go to the final two. Please NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the winner of the reward had taken the altruistic path and given the four cars away to people, CBS would have stepped up and given that winner a car, anyway. I think CBS would have rewarded the person who thought of the other contestants.

Me? I'd have given up the four cars regardless of whether CBS would do that.
    if there is a car curse i think it only effects the person who actually won the rc. if i'm remembering correctly rob won the car and took amber with him. they gave amber a car too. she still won. am i remembering that right? anyone know? (i don't really believe in curses by the way)
    Julitta ... I was thinking the same thing. Actually, the car "curse" notion is just a psychological whammy. Jeff and the all-for-one offer just cultivated it on Thursday.

Technically, I would say that Rob and Amber both receiving cars, Amber winning the game and Rob "winning" Amber ... who's the girl who won the million ... kind of shoots the "curse" theory all to hell.

As for whether or not I would have acted altruistically ... personally, I would have wanted to but in Cindy's position, probably not without making a "deal" ... possibly to remain in the game. But perhaps a better alternative would be getting each to promise on national TV ... that if any of them should win the game instead of me ... they would buy ME a car of equal or greater value.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate View Post
    I think that Rafe, given the value he places on being nice - would follow through with his promise to Danni about taking her to the final two if it's his choice - however, I am not so sure if Danni would follow through on her promise to Rafe.

And, actually, I can't quite remember if Danni did promise Rafe - anybody?
    Danni told him that if she goes to the final three and she knew she wouldn't win against him, she'd still take him with her. So, yes, I'd say she promised him.

if there is a car curse i think it only effects the person who actually won the rc. if i'm remembering correctly rob won the car and took amber with him. they gave amber a car too. she still won. am i remembering that right? anyone know? (i don't really believe in curses by the way)
    Yeah, Amber was given a car and still won.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Danni told him that if she goes to the final three and she knew she wouldn't win against him, she'd still take him with her. So, yes, I'd say she promised him.
    hmmm, but i am still not quite believing she would go through with it -

but then again, she could win against Rafe - couldn't she? she isn't really seen by the jury has one who has had control - and it has been that control alliance who has been perceived as having the say over who is voted out.

so... she would probably have BJ's, Jamie's and Judd's vote, for certain - probably Cindy's as well. and that's a majority -
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate View Post
    hmmm, but i am still not quite believing she would go through with it -

but then again, she could win against Rafe - couldn't she? she isn't really seen by the jury has one who has had control - and it has been that control alliance who has been perceived as having the say over who is voted out.

so... she would probably have BJ's, Jamie's and Judd's vote, for certain - probably Cindy's as well. and that's a majority -
    I think and Danni and Rafe would be a fine F2 and either could win depending on how the jury sees things. Danni would definitely have Gary's vote, but I'm not so sure the others ( except Cindy ) now on the jury think/know that Rafe had any control over the boots. We'd also have Steph and Lydia on the jury and Steph at this point (I think) would vote for Danni and Lydia would ... um ... vote "with the tribe".

Edited to say: If I've strayed off topic here, sorry, and please relocate me where I belong. Thanks.
    Last edited by echo226; 12-09-2005 at 02:48 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread