+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner View Post
    Why does everyone love Dani? I think she is the worst player this season. Seriously shes only there by luck and shes totally boring. Hope shes doesnt win.

Steph and Rafe for the final 2 and most likely the best jury ever ^_^!!!

I am a Stephanie fan. I thought about what I would do in Cindy's shoes...OF COURSE I KEPT THE CAR!! Are they kidding? Even if she gave them the cars what's to say they don't boot her? Oh, Rafe wouldn't vote her out? PUHLEEZ! Ok, Rafe, final 3...Lydia and danni with you or Danni and Cindy? At least with Cindy out of the way he has a fighting chance at getting the immunuty. Going up against 1 kinda strong girl instead of a STRONG girl (or the powerhouse Stephanie) would be dumb. You are trying to win a million dollars. At least Cyndi got a car. If rafe wins the million he can buy all his tribe members a car cause he's just nice like that. (yeah, right)

GO STEPHANIE!! (Rafe, Lydia and Danni)
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Jafo, Steph is hardly a powerhouse. We have now seen that Rafe calls most of the shots. Also, aside from last night Steph has never won immunity or a reward in her two seasons of Survivor (why did we think she was a strong woman or a though competitor again?). Finally, she would probably lose in the Final 2 because she has so blatantly backstabbed her alliance (Jamie, Judd and Cindy). However, seeing how the jury is unpredictable this year, I'd rather not see her in the final 2. I'm hoping for a Danni/Rafe final. Whoever wins at that point, I'd be happy.

FORT Fogey
    I watched this show as it aired last night and wished like crazy that I had a home computer, 'cause I was dying to comment on what I saw. I can't wait 'til next week when I'm back online again at home.

Without a doubt I would have given the four people cars. I happen to love my own Jeep Wrangler and there's nothing else I'd rather drive, not even a brand new "something else."

I'd have given away that thing in a heartbeat 'cause that gesture would go a long, long way on many difffent levels.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the winner of the reward had taken the altruistic path and given the four cars away to people, CBS would have stepped up and given that winner a car, anyway. I think CBS would have rewarded the person who thought of the other contestants.

That way all of the final five would have had a car, and "The Curse of the Car" would be broken, for sure, 'cause one of the five car-holders would end up winning the game.

Me? I'd have given up the four cars regardless of whether CBS would do that.

What's reality???
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Jafo, Steph is hardly a powerhouse. We have now seen that Rafe calls most of the shots.

Actually - on the Early Show - When they interviewed Cindy - they asked "Who is actually calling the shots" and she immediately said that Rafe was, and that he just talks to Steph about it and then Steph is the messenger. So she is the one that gets to take the fall.

another good show last night. i'm hoping for a danni or rafe win. although i wouldn't be too upset if steph won. i think that would be sweet justice for all the crap she's been getting. all the she's pathetic, she's weak, she's stupid. are we all watching the same show? sure, that was her first ic win, but i have never seen her do horrible at anything. if she's so stupid, why did she have the best game going when danni switched spots with her last ic? let me guess. it was luck or someone else who positioned her so well, right? and i don't think she hasn't owned a car because her life is so pathetic as someone said. she has a career and owns her own house. she probably doesn't have a car because she lives in the city. you don't need a car. i'm not sticking up for her because she's my favorite. she's not and never has been. but she is a strong girl, and i don't think she's dumb at all. oh, and feel free to rip my post apart because i disagree with the majority. it's okay. GO DANNI!!!

FORT Newbie
    I think it's pretty easy to say that you'd give up a free car when you're not in a position to keep one. Is it really such a character flaw in Steph and Lydia that they were happy for, rather than jealous of Cindy's good fortune? I don't think so.

IMO, Steph played a decent strategic game for the first time tonight by blocking the blindside on Cindy. By all indications she's wrong about having lost Judd's vote, and she very skillfully secured Cindy's without having to break ranks. I still believe it impossible for her to win (as it was before she started), but at least she's made some progress towards avoiding a shutout.

[QUOTE=Pomeraniac;1707889

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the winner of the reward [u]had[/u] taken the altruistic path and given the four cars away to people, CBS would have stepped up and given that winner a car, anyway. I think CBS would have rewarded the person who thought of the other contestants.

That way all of the final five would have had a car, and "The Curse of the Car" would be broken, for sure, 'cause one of the five car-holders would end up winning the game.

I agree Pom, there is no way CBS wouldn't have give her a car, maybe even a better model. I think that should have been common sense on her part.

LG.
    Oh I disagree. Survivor has always had a "mean streak" a mile long when it comes to rewards. We'll fly your loved ones all the way to God knows where, but if you don't win some goofy challenge, you won't even get to say hi. It all started when Jeff really tortured Jenna with the video messages from home when her family hadn't produced one, and she didn't get to see a message from her kids. You give up a car that you won on Survivor in favor of your competition getting ones instead - then you are an idiot. Jeff would point out that you voluntarily gave up a car and mock you. Unless they've grown really, really soft over the years (I don't watch it as faithfully as I used to - was watching Head of State on ABC last night instead), they would love to hold it over someone that they made a choice that cost them a real prize.

ETA - besides, the show LOVES the car curse. It gives all of us something to think about and talk about, as well as giving the contestants a real dilemma about whether or not to accept the prize.
    Last edited by LG.; 12-09-2005 at 10:58 AM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julitta View Post
    another good show last night. i'm hoping for a danni or rafe win. although i wouldn't be too upset if steph won. i think that would be sweet justice for all the crap she's been getting. all the she's pathetic, she's weak, she's stupid. are we all watching the same show? sure, that was her first ic win, but i have never seen her do horrible at anything. if she's so stupid, why did she have the best game going when danni switched spots with her last ic? let me guess. it was luck or someone else who positioned her so well, right? and i don't think she hasn't owned a car because her life is so pathetic as someone said. she has a career and owns her own house. she probably doesn't have a car because she lives in the city. you don't need a car. i'm not sticking up for her because she's my favorite. she's not and never has been. but she is a strong girl, and i don't think she's dumb at all. oh, and feel free to rip my post apart because i disagree with the majority. it's okay. GO DANNI!!!
    Oh I disagree. Survivor has always had a "mean streak" a mile long when it comes to rewards. We'll fly your loved ones all the way to God knows where, but if you don't win some goofy challenge, you won't even get to say hi. It all started when Jeff really tortured Jenna with the video messages from home when her family hadn't produced one, and she didn't get to see a message from her kids. You give up a car that you won on Survivor in favor of your competition getting ones instead - then you are an idiot. Jeff would point out that you voluntarily gave up a car and mock you. Unless they've grown really, really soft over the years (I don't watch it as faithfully as I used to - was watching Head of State on ABC last night instead), they would love to hold it over someone that they made a choice that cost them a real prize.

ETA - besides, the show LOVES the car curse. It gives all of us something to think about and talk about, as well as giving the contestants a real dilemma about whether or not to accept the prize.
    Danni never impressed me and Rafe whines SO much...his voice hurts me. Lydia-is she still here? I dared to say go Steph cause she should've been off day 1 but has managed to stay to the final 4. Yes, I think she's a powerhouse. If you don't agree, fine. I don't agree with you so we can agree to disagree. Right?
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post

That way all of the final five would have had a car, and "The Curse of the Car" would be broken, for sure, 'cause one of the five car-holders would end up winning the game
    if there is a car curse i think it only effects the person who actually won the rc. if i'm remembering correctly rob won the car and took amber with him. they gave amber a car too. she still won. am i remembering that right? anyone know? (i don't really believe in curses by the way)

+ Reply to Thread