+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good vs. Evil F2?

Snoozin' on the beach

Good vs. Evil F2?

Are we leading up to this? I've got this theory. I'm glad to say I was wrong that this season would become predictable with Pagonging when they merged, far from it. Looking back on some things...Rafe wondering if he was a part of "the axis of evil" meaning Judd, Jamie and Steph. Steph is the only one of those 3 "evil" left in the game. Then there was a quote from Cindy way back at the beginning of the game someone had talked about. I don't remember the exact wording but it was about Seabiscuit, the longshot dark horse coming from behind to win it all. Doesn't it look like this is how this season will end? Danni, who we think is going to be booted every episode, coming from behind to beat Steph? Did they purposely hide all that strategy talk and leadership of Danni so she would look like the long shot? It would be much more dramatic a finish for the viewer to think that. If we knew all along that she was playing well, it would not be as climatic when she does beat the odds. Wouldn't that be the exact story line they hoped to get with Rupert but never got? Hoped to get with Steph in Palua but never got? Now they have it so they make Steph look even worse than she is and hide Danni until the 11th hour. Isn't that what we are all praying for in the next episode, that SOMEHOW Danni saves herself and is still in it, while Steph is in it but makes another enemy? Who in the audience won't be screaming and yelling with joy if she does make it through the next TC and everyone after that?

I admit I am biased. Danni is at the top of my list of all time favorite Survivors and I didn't like Steph in Palua and can't stand her now. I don't know if it's my bias and wishful thanking to see an ending like this or if it is really leading up to this? It would explain alot of things they purposely left out or kept in, but so would other reasons. I don't see any problem with Steph getting in F2, she's made herself the goat that should be taken. Danni has to outlast Rafe, Cindy and Lydia though. That's going to be hard, being the biggest threat to all of them but that would be part of the storyline, overcoming unbeatable odds. They'd have their strongest women in Survivor history and a great one too. Of course if Danni goes next TC it was wishful thinking on my part. But if she doesn't ....

I'm not the greatest at predicting this stuff so I want to hear some other opinions out there. Does it look like a real possibility or am i trying to force a square peg in a round hole, hoping for an ending i'd like to see happen?

Shady64, it is an interesting theory and may well turn out to be right. I have the same bias towards Danni that you do. She is one of my favorites of all time too. I'm not quite sure I can explain exactly why. It's a combination of factors. I was a fan of Stephenie in Palau and felt sorry for her when she was on Ulong, the worst tribe in Survivor history. The Steph we've seen this time is a whole different kettle of fish. I'm not a big fan of the eye rolling and the sense of entitlement. She may have been the same way in Palau, and we just never got to see it. Her enormous appetite does explain the jumping for pizza during the endurance immunity challenge in Palau.

Early on, we saw that Danni was a key player in both Nakum and the switched up Yaxha. When the tribes merged, she kind of disappeared and Gary was the only one of the Yaxha minority we saw really trying to stay in the game and turn things around. I don't know if we just didn't see Danni at work or if she decided to let Gary draw all the attention.

Steph has dominated all three tribes she has been a part of this time around. She has also been an atrocious game player. Allowing Danni to convince her to vote off Judd was just plain stupid. So was alienating Jamie. Bobby Jon hasn't been a fan since he figured out she was the one who voted for him in Palau not James. Gary is appalled by the hero worship of some of the other Survivors. In other words, I don't think she has the vote of more than maybe one of the first four jurors against anyone but possibly Lydia.

I really would love to see Danni beat Steph 6-1 or 5-2. Maybe I'll be proved completely wrong even if they are the final two and Steph will win by a big margin. It will be interesting to see.

I have read some of the spoilers. For those who are interested I'll put some of what I've read in spoiler tags. If you don't want to know potential spoiler info, stop now.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The general consensus seems to be that Cindy wins the car reward this next episode and chooses to take a car for herself. Cindy and Lydia are believed to be the next two bootees with Cindy probably going first. I've read that either Danni or Steph wins the final reward challenge and chooses to take the other to the finals. I've also seen speculation that Rafe wins and takes Steph making Danni the last member of the jury.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Mariner,
    I thought that insider video you pointed out would have made some great TV for Danni. I loved it at the end when she laughed and said "this is getting good". Clearly she is someone that is enjoying herself..

Obviously "good vs. evil" is an overstatement. Steph isn't evil. She's not even a villain but they've shown so much whining, complaining, badmouthing from her and rotten behavior, it's been overkill. All the qualities Steph has displayed have been nothing but negative in a big way. Danni is the anti-Steph. The only time she has come close to complaining is once at the merge and that was "the are so negative, we had to get away from them". Never whined, close to everyone on her tribe, even in new Yaxha. Having fun with the whole experience. Positive and gracious even when on the losing end and an asset to her tribe etc.

There's lots of "ifs" though. I can't imagine that they would build the viewer up for come from behind Danni win if she makes it to F2 and then have Steph win it. Wouldn't Steph have been edited better? Danni would get other votes if Steph backstabs any of the other 3 in her alliance which she is highly probable if Rafe continues to set her up to take the fall. They wouldn't blame her for voting against any of them at all, she was just trying to save herself. She was down but never out and cracked a strong alliance all by herself. She really would be the underdog that came from behind to win it. It would be everything Steph aspired to be in Palua but didn't live up to.

I'm looking forward to this next episode more than the Judd boot. I'm gonna be on pins and needles until we see the final vote. Come on Danni!
    Last edited by Shady64; 12-07-2005 at 11:18 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, Steph makes F2 and loses. That's my guess based on her negative edit, and the juxtaposition of Danni as all things good and sweet. Nobody wanted to watch "Palau Steph" lose again, and the PTB have put a great deal of work into ensuring that the audience would applaud her demise. There will be no America's Tribal Council fiasco for "Gautemala Steph" folks.

Getting played much? I am. Like everyone else, I very much want Danni to be crowned sole Survivor. Who doesn't want to see the sweet, pretty girl succeed?

Hey! I just realized that its an all-estrogen club left on this show now!
    (yes, I know Rafe is still there...)

Cjay, I don't think Danni has been shown as "good and sweet". I think, rather, until the past few episodes she HASN'T BEEN SHOWN AT ALL.

In at least the last two episodes she's been shown as crafty--which usually isn't confused with "sweet". At the very most, the big difference between her and some of the "villains" is that Danni seems to be having fun and taking things in stride. Other than that? She's in heavy scheme mode, just like all of them. We all saw her rubbing her hands together with that little gleeful face when she was talking about manipulating the others. Of course it was charming when she did it (except, once more, for the inclusion of THE STUPID HAT in the shot), because it was more about her enjoying herself than being snotty.

So being a good sport is kind of her deal. Frankly that's a lot more meaningful than simply being sweet. Also, she's an underdog (as Steph was last year), but is taking that role with a bit more backbone.

Plus, she's got that cute lil' Kansas girl accent. Which, I'm almost certain she's laying on a tiny bit, maybe in hopes that the others might believe the "dumb hick girl" card. Not that it isn't real, but she's a trained radio broadcaster and fairly successful former beauty queen (like Gary, I bet she's lied to the others about her background). I bet the accent can go right away when she needs it to.
    Last edited by Krom; 12-08-2005 at 03:44 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    In order for Danni to win, especially against Steph, it's either going to take a good immunity run or an exceptionally stupid performance from everyone else. Keeping her around makes no good sense for anyone but Lydia.

Though she had a good couple days earlier in the season and now recently, I haven't seen much backbone or game savvy out of Danni. Perhaps it's just her edit, but it seems more to be she just wasn't considered a threat.

Snoozin' on the beach
    The only alternative to the theory is the editors will pull a "morasca" and have Steph win it, which would really piss off so many viewers after the lead us to think Danni would win it. It doesn't seem wise to have the network associated with the whole badmouthing/gay/retarded stuff. If she were to win, they would have toned down alot of the uglieness she displayed wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Plus, she's got that cute lil' Kansas girl accent. I bet the accent can go right away when she needs it to.
    We don't have accent, the rest of the country does
    There's no place like home!

I really hope your theory holds water coz I'm so rooting for this girl to win. Go Danni go!!!!

She's going to win! She's played a good game even though she was the quiet one and was UTR...GO DANNI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast