+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 12 Going Back to Panama, premieres Feb. 6th

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte
    I'd love to see Survivor: Antactica. Then we'd see who really has survival skills! But Burnett would never allow that because we wouldn't get to see the girls in their bikinis.
    I agree. I think a cold weather climate would be interesting, but might lose some of that, look how skinny they are in their bikinis effect. Doing the challenges in ski parkas would be really funny to watch though....
    I agree that I prefer places that have a beach. Maybe it is because that's how the original survivor began. The worst was in Africa where they were trapped in their little forts. That must have been the worst season for the survivors out there. Hot as hell with no water to jump in AT ALL! Plus lions.
    I always love water challenges. They always seem to be my favoirites.

Karalott, that's quite an interesting source you dug up!

I had heard the rumors about going back to Panama. This article doesn't cover it, but I've hear speculation that Burnett has actually purchased the island and is planning to use it for future Survivors because it has dozens of usable beaches.

I don't really buy that, but then again I wouldn't have guessed he would go back to Panama again after two seasons were shot there.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Leo
    Premium Member
    I suppose from a financial point of view it makes a lot of sense. It's probably pretty expensive to ship everything you need to shoot a season of Survivor, assemble it, then take it apart, then ship it back out again. Establishing a semi-permanent base would cost a bit less.

Perhaps if they intend to return again and again they should think of a different way to name the show then... "Return to Panama" might work this time but next? "Survivor 14: Return to Panama Again", "Survivor 15: Panama's Revenge", "Survivor 16: Panamanian Perseverance"??

The origional survivor, the Swedish Robinson, has been filmed at the same place in Malaysia for years. I don't see a problem with having the same location, as long as they don't re-use challenges etc
    K

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    That is a beautiful location, the Pearl Islands. It's true about seeing one island, seeing them all, but Palau really does stand alone. Those islands were exquisitely beautiful. The sunset's were unreal. The waters were clear as a bell. That was highly scenic locale.

As long as they don't bring back any pirate ghost tribe from S7 or 8. No more "outcasts". I still associate the Pearl Islands with that nauseating "twist", that and the snooze fest that was "all-stars". Hopefully the third time will be the charm.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Fogey
    Running out of ideas or something? But at least it beats the hell out of Guatemala. 100 degrees in the shade, and they can't even go in the water.

Snoozin' on the beach
    if they can build a "croc proof" pool, why can't they do the same for a water challenge? Some kind of temporary fencing around the space they'd need for the challenge or whatever it is they use to keep the crocs out. There's only 7 people left, its not like they need miles to protect from animals.

So Panama was already used twice?

Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    So Panama was already used twice?
    Survivor 7: Pearl Islands was set in Panama, and Survivor 8: All-Stars occured in Panama as well (because it was simply the easiest thing to do with the time constraints they had).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast