+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Show Discussion 11/17 **Spoilers**

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Then why lie about it? If it happened age's ago, and nobody will care and it's nobody's business, then why the big cloak and dagger routine. Is he that self-impressed? (me thinks "yes") It's not the specific "lie" that give's me a problem with Gary. It's the way he's built his game foundation on a lie, has continued to lie, will back-stab in a heartbeat and act proud of himself for doing it. IMO, he is a shady player. Great and fine, it's his game, he can play it however he wants to. But his foundation started out underhanded and therefore he's built just a very unappealing and hard to admire house...just my view.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Reading everyone's posts about Gary leaves me torn. There is something about the guy that I just don't like, but I can't pin it down. I was impressed by Judd's comments about him during Diatribal Council though.

Danni is still my only remaining fav. I was very surprised for some reason to see how much Steph and Danni like each other. It's unlikely that it will stop either from voting the other out when necessary though.

FORT Newbie
    Strategically, Danni has done very little to impress as a player Personally Gary creeps me out, but he is in there playing, while Danni is content to sit back and let Gary do all her talking for her. It will be interesting to see what Danni does to improve her position once Gary is gone. Perhaps, that's why she's trying so hard to get in with Steph?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Reading everyone's posts about Gary leaves me torn. There is something about the guy that I just don't like, but I can't pin it down. I was impressed by Judd's comments about him during Diatribal Council though.

Danni is still my only remaining fav. I was very surprised for some reason to see how much Steph and Danni like each other. It's unlikely that it will stop either from voting the other out when necessary though.
    That's exactly how I feel. Unlike Rafe, who I'm completely meh on, something about Gary makes him unlikeable to me and I just want him gone. I've said before that I think he's boring and trying to get along when in reality I don't think anything he tries to get going will work in the long run, but those aren't the reasons I don't like him. At least unlike with two of my other non faves, Judd and Lydia, I don't think I have to worry about him winning.

I'm sitting here watching the Tony Danza show and they were supposed to have a "cast-off" from Survivor on today but whoever it was basically showed up drunk so they are not going to be on. He didn't say who it was but I would assume it would be the last (Jamie) Survivor that was voted out? Inebriated was the exact word he used.

I've read a lot of posts that suggested somehow the teams were rigged so that Steph, Danni, Gary and Judd could not lose. This makes no sense to me.

Rafe and Jamie were clearly much faster than Judd and Gary (TWICE), and Danni/Steph were only able to catch Cindy because she was dragging Lydia like an anchor. Watch Cindy during the immunity challenge--she is fast and strong and nimble and competitive. If Cindy had been paired with Danni or Stephenie she would surely have been on the winning side. If you put together ANY combination of players on any teams...the team dragging Lydia loses. Mix up the men (Gary/Jamie, Rafe/Gary, Judd/Rafe, whatever. No matter how far ahead (or behind) the men might be, Lydia still loses for their combined team ..

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    IMO, he is a shady player. Great and fine, it's his game, he can play it however he wants to. But his foundation started out underhanded and therefore he's built just a very unappealing and hard to admire house...just my view.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one. There is something very shady about Gary. Perhaps it's just me, but I find something a little creepy about him. I also agree that his simple belief that he could not reveal his ex-nfl quarterback status gives evidence that he thinks it matters and that he thinks that means he's pretty hot stuff. That bugs me. If it indeed dosn't matter then why be so paranoid about it?
    Although, I forget what season it was, but the other survivors did not seem to care when Brian's video from home revealed his many sports cars and nice house. They didn't seem to care that he was already somewhat wealth and let him win anyway (and they totally let him win).
    I don't want Gary to win this thing and unless he wins every IC to come, I don't think he will.
    I think Danni and Steph (the two "strong" girls) should watch out for little ol Cindy. She kicked some ass in the IC and now has the power of coffee on her side. I think she might have been waiting in the shadows until she really needed to step into the light. I was really impressed with her performance last week.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Right tickerrose, Cindy is very physically capable to win any challange. Plus, as you said, she's got coffee now!
    It's not just you about Gary, I feel the same way. He has come off as conceited from the start, like..."actually, I'm already a celebrity...wink, wink...I'll fool these mere regular folks". So he makes himself a "regular" folk too, landscapper Gary Hoga-pete moss. It's his smugness, the satisfaction he get's from duping the others...while talking about honor and integrity, and doing "what's right". For every one of his declarations of personal honor, he's added three comments about lying being an acceptable rule in the game, if one so chooses...like, say him for instance. Hey dude, who ya trying to convince? Sound's like he's just setting up some post-game damage control. He is playing, that's for sure. I just don't like his game.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by neesee1989
    I'm sitting here watching the Tony Danza show and they were supposed to have a "cast-off" from Survivor on today but whoever it was basically showed up drunk so they are not going to be on. He didn't say who it was but I would assume it would be the last (Jamie) Survivor that was voted out? Inebriated was the exact word he used.
    And he was so upset about being told he had no class.

+ Reply to Thread